It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Would Side With the Serpent

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Agreed, the fun and shenanigans i could get into with a talking snake are far superior to that of a greedy tight arse that won't even let me pick ONE apple from a big apple tree. I find it funny that for most of Christianities history the account of genesis was taken literally, then science the party pooper came along and it suddenly became metaphorical. Funny that.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by troubleshooter

Knowing that he would fall into the pit if you didn't do something to persuade him not to wouldn't work if the plan was for him NOT to fall into the pit.

The world I live in seems to function by cause and effect...
...I have confidence in science because of the primciple of cause and effect.

While my worldview allows for the intervention of miraculous acts...
...they are exceptions by request or necessity...
...so in this sense we agree.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

It is my understanding that the truth in the old testament is concealed by mistranslations of the torah. The Hebrew alphabet is akin to a numeric system, which makes it much more complicated to decipher. Hebrew words have infinitely more depth than those in the English language, and it is because this fact that we can not properly understand the story of genesis without realizing what is understood in the readings depends purely on the interpretation of the reader.

The story of genesis is something much bigger than us. But I am here to speculate, so I will begin by repeating what many others before me have stated - that the book of genesis is basically a reiteration of the Sumerian account of the origins of the human race; that being that "G-d" is an alien who went to earth in search of gold for his planets atmosphere, and to alleviate his peoples labor he created a slave race of humans which is us. It took multiple attempts and abominations but eventually the alien god "Enki" realized the only way to make a civilized obedient and versatile race was to implant his own DNA into the organism. There is a lot more to the story, check out the book of Enki, whether you believe it or not it is a very interesting read.

Basically the summary of all this is the serpent represents the power that resides in our DNA, the ability to distinguish good and evil - that ability is pure intellectual reason; something no other species in the world has attained. This was given to us by an alien.

Crazy world and / or crazy myth. Either way the possibility that there are other intelligent forms of life millions of years ahead of us technologically is not a far fetched notion; especially considering the zillions of galaxies in the visible universe. Never forget that we can only see universes which are close enough for their light to have reached us, and that could only be a slim portion of the existing universes.

Peace!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Simple. Satan was not a mistake.

God gave us free will. Satan is there because we have free will to know that we have a choice. God wants us to trust in him, to know which voice is His and which belongs to the adversary. "You shall know them by their fruit." It's not hard to figure out whose voice it is. What is hard is trusting God and God knew it had to be this way.
edit on 17-10-2012 by SpiritofEnoch because: Added a line or two

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join