It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Would Side With the Serpent

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Okay, then it seems we agree. I won't bother with a second line.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

TextTextText.

U are completely correct. The god of the bible came around after many other gods before him. Other gods have been systematically deleted and removed to add power to the judeo and christian movement. The story of jesus comes from many stories predating the bible by thousands of years. The tree of life is the representation of the body and the energy flow within us. The angels at the base of the tree with swords of flame are the block of what the chinese call chi. Look up the kundalini snake and ull understand where the story of the snake comes from. Man has a history of twisting things to there advantage. The truth is that a loving god doesn't send u to hell to suffer eternally. That's just a fear tactic created by man to control one another in the name of god. So anyone that says the bible is the word of god is completely ignorant to believe that man is honest enough to pass a story down for thousands of years and never change it to suit their own purpose. Acording to the bible god is a kid with a magnifying glass just itching to destroy soddam and gehmorah and a man has more sence then him. How ignorant can ppl b. Create a big enough lie and eveyone believes it. If u need any more information then research it.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Mgodgasm

I'm sorry to sound rude, but I honestly don't need to research anything in this regard.
I have already shown why.

But good post.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinARI disagree with nearly everything they say about the Bible. How about you?

Well, there are probably usefull parables in there and basic ideas for getting along with each other (most of the 10 commandments, etc.), maybe also large portions the Old Testament have some basis in fact that is distorted over time, as stories got handed-down, and then committed to writing, and then edited by various parties over time with their own interests and agenda in mind.

So, I wouldn't say I "disagree" with it, so much as I look at it as any other mythology (not meant as an insult to anyone, just my perspective).

The servant/kicked-out-of-Eden thing in particular seems like a parable designed to show the consequences of not following the rules set down by whoever is in charge (again, not meant as an insult to anyone, just my perspective).

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

Yes, I understand that, but once again, I am speaking about how the Church presents the Bible.

As in how they quote Moses as being an inspirational leader in the OT and then jump to the inspirational words of John in the NT to sell a story of bullsh!t.

In truth, it is as you stated, a historical account.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
reply to post by JayinAR

Also, the naming of animals constitutes knowledge, therefore i find the "tree of knowledge" to signify a higher knowledge
i.e. we were allowed to eat from the shrub of knowledge, because that was the limit of knowledge alloted to us.

Actually, it wasn't the "tree of knowledge" per se... it was "the tree of knowledge of good and evil." To me that makes a big difference.

Even if you consider the whole thing a myth, I think this idea is quite profound and elegant. We used to live in a kind of paradise, and then once we discovered the ideas of "good" and "evil" life became more mentally hellish for us. I believe this to be true...animals don't think in terms of "good" and "evil" but humans do, which causes moral delimmas, all kinds of inner anguish, etc., and removes us from the state of moral innocence represented by the Garden.

By developing human minds, we have a great advantage over other animals, but the sophistication brings its own form of pain. Once we learn to start judging and classifying this and that and thinking more morally, paradoxically, we find ourseves more and more alienated from the natural, instinctive, body-based wisdom and sense of connectedness with the cosmos.

When the Great Way is forgotten,
people start to talk about "goodness" and "piety".
When the body's innate intelligence declines,
the ideas of "cleverness" and "knowledge" step forth.
When there is no peace in the family,
You hear much about "filial piety".

-Tao Te Ching, 6th century BC

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

There are humans that don't distinguish between good and evil also. They are called psychopaths.

You have a choice. Is it knowledge in general, or is it knowledge of good and evil.

On one side you have mindless slaves (knowledge in general); on the other you have psychopaths (knowledge of good and evil).

Neither one is very appealing to me.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I'm sorry but if you don't see whats wrong w/ your reasoning, then the gapping hole is in your head. I suggest you start from scratch. Where is all this" knowledge "taking us?To a world not even livable in another 50 yrs? Maybe God knew we could do w/out the big brain power, as long as we had a desent relationship w/ him.
Your thread is crap and so is your thinking.In fact you think you have it all figured out, but from what I've seen here you havn't began to use that big brain of yours.

You would have done better not to even come online at all.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Wow, that was insulting.

I hope you don't mind if I return the favor.
Your grammar is horrible. Are you drunk?

I'll start there.

PS - Actually, that isn't surprising given your lack of ability to even understand what it is I'm trying to convey. How old are you? 10 with your texting grammar?

How many fingers do you use to type?

[edit on 9-8-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Wow, that was insulting.

what does grammer and a temporary loss of ecology w/ words , have to do w/ anything really? when you get the message clearly.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
If God is all powerful why would he knowingly create a being that was going to eventually turn against him, deceive his creation into following him in his treason and eventually punish the people for buying into what was, for all intents and purposes, a 'Godly Mistake'?

so god was mistaken to make free moral agents who possess free will?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Ego is an extension of knowledge, only applied to a specific state. Ego is the understanding of the self, and the seeking of self-betterment, and the perseverance thereof.

Ego is illusion, its a false mask that brings about all the problems of the world today; selfishness, greed, power mongers, war mongers, rapes, murders, fights, corruption.

This is all a side effect of having an ego. The reality is there is only God, only Oneness. We were tricked into putting on this ego which equals the illusion of separation from each other and God.

A true understanding of the self is that there is no ego, no self. Then you are free and back in the garden of edan state.

Self-betterment and perseverance are of the ego, fighting, scratching, clawing for the aformentioned states. With No ego, this state is complete and utter being, resting, trust of God. The ulimate letting go and living God's will.

Jesus said I and the father are one. Then he later wishes that everyone will have the same Oneness that he and the father have. Thats real talk because there are people out there that have this Oneness permanently. A few on ATS have glimpsed this as have I.

Oneness is real. Everything else is illusion; separation, ego, this and that. There is only 1. That was Garden of Edan.

I promise you this; If you could even glimpse for 1 second the state of no ego, you would spend the rest of your life doing whatever it takes to be without ego permanently.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

You don't have free will.
No matter which way you cut it God created you with advanced knowledge of everything you would ever do and when he created you, and everyone else, he knew precisely how everything would end.

Meaning, nothing you do can thwart God's plan.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Hey, star and flag!!!

Of course believers and Christians wouldn't side with the serpent as you and I do, because first of all, they really think tat scripture was talking about a real snake, a real apple, and a real tree....

they decide not to read between the lines because then they would see that the snake was actually the 'good god' and the 'Lord god' was the more ruthless of the gods and wanting his creation to remain ignorant and slaves.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Yeah, that is pretty much what I was getting at.

Except that I don't have allegiance with anyone. I was just trying to point out that the Church has twisted the stories. And I was also kinda' curious why any believers would not question this.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Not sure if you are familiar with the 'gods' www.halexandria.org... as in the sense of Annunaki gods (Enki and Enlil) but check that link out if not...

'God' only is perceived as a supernatural deity by the Roman empire who used that to twist the tru Sumerian tablets account...Anyone that displayed advanced technology, medicine, or science and did not originate on earth was referred to as a god...Genensis actually describes the cloning process and it also distinguishes the two main Annunaki scientist ( Enki and Enlil) in the Garden of Eden; one being referred to as the Lord God and the other as the serpent or AKA, God....

Enki is the one who fell in love with his creation (us) and wanted us to have knowledge ( thus being considered a traitor, or 'serpent) and Enlil was the more Ruthless; he was the Lord God..He is the one that got upset when their creation was trying to open their eyes or "bite the apple" ( of knowledge)....

Note: Genesis 1:13 states " Let US make mankind in OUR image, according to OUR likings"

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Yeah, those stories sum it up pretty well.
I look at it as just another telling, much like the terra papers.

By the way, thanks for the star and flag.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
I don't buy the Church's spin on the Biblical story.

You do buy the Church's spin if you "side" with the "serpent."

That is their storyline that you joining, no matter which side of the storyline you go with.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

No problem....

I'd like to know how to get people to 'unplug ' from their religious dogma? I never can seem to even get anyone to continue in a religious debate/conversation after only asking them a few questions

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
I'd like to know how to get people to 'unplug ' from their religious dogma? I never can seem to even get anyone to continue in a religious debate/conversation after only asking them a few questions

You can't get people to "unplug" from anything. They will remain plugged in as long as they so choose, because it is their decision.

Even you are plugged in to your own variation of religious dogma, for as long as you believe in a "me" person that is attached to "your" body, you are deluded.

In truth, there is nobody there.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join