It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ASTRALPEDIA [ a guide the the astral, and how to get there ]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Thanks for the post!

I'm looking forward to having a go at this.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
It seems to me this is not fiction but much like Astral Projection, This is 4 of the 7 gates The Art of Dreaming

1st Gate of Dreaming(stabilization of the dreaming body): Arrived at when one perceives one's hands in a dream. Solved when one is able to shift the focus from the hands to another dream object and return it to the hands, all repeated a few times. Crossed when one is able to induce a state of darkness and a feeling of increased weight while falling asleep.Location in the body - in the area at the base of the V formed by pulling the big and second toes of one foot to the sides.
2nd Gate of Dreaming (utilizing the dreaming body): Arrived at when one's dream objects start changing into something else. Solved when one is able to isolate a Scout and follow it to the realm of Inorganic Beings. Crossed when one is able to fall asleep without losing consciousness.It is also referred to the activity of dreaming together with other practitioners. Location in the body - in the inside area of the calf.
3rd Gate of Dreaming (traveling): Arrived at when one dreams of looking at oneself. Solved when the dreaming and physical bodies become one. Crossed when one is able to control the Dreaming Emissary.Location in the body - at the lowest part of the spinal column.
4th Gate of Dreaming (Seeing): Arrived at when one is able to perceive the energetic essence of every dream item. Solved when one falls asleep in a dream, in the same position in which one has gone to sleep. Crossed when one wakes up in this reality, located only not in the physical but in the energy body.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Found other gates reference;

DREAMING 5th Gate of Dreaming (bridging): Ability to use the dreaming body in everyday life.

DREAMING 6th Gate of Dreaming (transporting): To move the physical body to another location.

DREAMING 7th Gate of Dreaming (transcending): To step beyond this world with ones total being.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by toast317
Quick question, for first timers trying this out, would you recommend someone siting cross legged on the floor, laying down etc?

I tried it last night laying down but I fell asleep in like 5 minutes, but that's because I was just tired
but today I really plan on doing it to my fullest.

thanks, and great thread by the way!

The easiest way I believe is laying down, but have had etheric projection sitting in chair middle of day wide awake, but completely relaxed.

In Tibetan Yoga, they mention laying in Lion pose on right side, with head in north direction, if I remember correctly.
They also mention different methods for person that is tired, not sleepie, mind wonders, several problems.
The thing is to let body go to sleep, but mind remains aware .
Alot is with vibrations, some use om, I try to use The Long Hum.
If your mind is not full of ego garbage , also helps.
A good book on Ego thing is " Eckart Tollie's book A New Earth"

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I love this kind of stuff and its very interesting. Ive tried meditating couple of times. Ive had situations when im sleeping, were I wake up and I cant move my body but Im awake, like being paralized. I dont know if that has anything to do with this, but I start getting scared. Also I tried meditating the other day I was relaxing and controling my breathing and I started to feel a pressence around me and since im on this site and Im into conspiracies and well Aliens, I started to get scared and opended my eyes. Im not saying that There were aliens in my room, but I get to scared to be fully relaxed. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Peace!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by toast317

id say whatever position is most comfortable to you. Ive found for me that lying on the stomach is the most difficult.

I personally start out on my back in the corpse pose, or with my hands folded on my solar plexus. Right before im ready to project i turn on my side while maintain the trace ( lion pose ), and then i exit.

Its really up to you, the best positions are conformable ones. The trick is making your body believe its time to disconnect from the mind,(somewhat) so being nice and cozy and comfortable helps.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Part 2 of the ASTRALPEDIA is up here, please refer all questions to this thread. thanks

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Armour For Victor

I'm no expert, but I'll help you with whatever I can. First of all, the feeling of being paralyzed while awake is completely normal. It's called sleep paralysis, and it is a part of the process for astral projection/OOBE. To feel a presence has been normal for me, as I feel them all the time. But, that's just me I guess. When you are in sleep paralysis, however, you might see, hear, or feel things that aren't really there. It's kind of like you are dreaming even though you are still awake. You mind might "make up" these things, but you experience them as they were real. Good luck, and I hope you reach your goals!

Edit: Phi1618, I didn't see your last post until after I posted mine, so I apologize.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by hardstyleaz]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
S&F!

Good to know someone posted this Guide in here, just in case I might lose my map

Will most certainly check all the info out. Thx for posting this

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm interested in seeing what comes of all of this.

Hopefully it works.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Sweet and compelling post! Thanks for the info!!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by merryxmas

thanks, please feel free to check out part 2 of the guide. ASTRALPEDIA PART 2 LINK

[edit on 10-8-2009 by phi1618]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Wow, I've tried meditating in the past but it never worked. I literally just tried this while sitting in my computer chair. there was a T.V. on behind me. Instantly I felt heaver but lighter and I was falling really fast but it felt ok. Then I stopped. I saw myself, my chakras, just pure white energy. My head(crown) was buzzing with energy. I started climbing the rope(could see and feel it) and I was in a giant white plane.. then a horn on the tv snapped me out of it

I'm definately gonna try again soon. That was an amazing feeling. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Here are some videos I made on how to astral project very quickly using sleep paralysis. You can also download the transcripts for these videos on my blog at www.lucidology.com/blog

Waking Sleep Paralysis: The Holy Grail For New Lucid Dreamers & OBEers

The Stop Drop & Roll Sleep Command To Fall Asleep Fast

Fast Relaxation For Lucid Dreams And OBEs

How To Optimize Brain Chemistry For Lucid Dreams & OBEs

The Fastest Way To Have Lucid Dreams & OBEs Tonight - Timer Method

The 4 Easiest Movement-Free Reality Checks For Lucid Dreams And OBEs

Exit Blindness - 3 Fast Solutions

OBE Vibrations & 3 Ways To Tell How Close You Are To An OBE

Fast Exit Methods For Lucid Dreams & OBEs

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
So this is my first post though I've been reading on the site for some time now.

Anyways, something kind of strange happened when I was attempting astral projection/meditation. I remember laying on my back on my floor, then all of a sudden I'm seeing all kinds of asteroids in space and I'm just floating around them. I came upon this crazy half transparent bubble looking mass and noticed that all these space rocks were coming together at that point as well. So I end up going through this thing, and see nothing but light trails for a few seconds then I'm in space somewhere else close to another group of planets? I'm fairly sure I saw a satellite and I remember hearing something about 33 percent, like somebody onboard was talking about a black hole, or wormhole.

So here's the odd part. I float my way back to the wormhole I came through, noticed that I didn't have to breath or anything, and hadn't for a good few minutes up to this point, and I go back through. I got halfway back through this thing, then all of a sudden it started closing on me! It sent me into a repeat, starting at halfway through but not shooting me out of the other end like it did before, so I started freaking out and trying to "rush" to the "exit". So another wormhole open adjacent to me, I take that way out, end up in the place where I started, turned around and watched space and stars bend til the tube just closed up. This really didn't feel like a dream at all, I'd say that I was floating around out there for at least an hour, but only about 8 minutes had passed from the time I layed down til the time I came to again.

Long post, sorry guys!

Anybody else ever just astral project into space and wormholes, or could it have just been a lucid dream?

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Schizoptimistics]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
That's pretty good Schizo. Have you ever projected before? If not, your just naturally gifted. Also, did it feel real? And remember, thought is instantaneous. So you could literally beat a laser from one end of the universe to the other with it. That's why time passes so slow when your meditating, on psychedelics, etc. Anyways, great job with it man. Keep practicing and you'll be able to physically manifest heat, electricity etc.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Schizoptimistics

SOunds like an astral projection. Many people go exploring in space when they project. Try doing some energy work, perhaps it will be beneficial to you.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lucid_dream_tricks

thanks for posting this, those videos are a great resource to have when trying to induce lucidity or sleep paralysis for projection.

thanks again, i posted one of these videos in part 2 of the guide

good luck

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Good work OP

Having astral travelled myself frequently (but many years ago), I´ll add that should it ever occur that "it does not work", I`d recommend not forcing it because the "not working" is protective - for ones own good. Other than that: Enjoy your trips people...you are not the body

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Good work OP

Having astral travelled myself frequently (but many years ago), I´ll add that should it ever occur that "it does not work", I`d recommend not forcing it because the "not working" is protective - for ones own good. Other than that: Enjoy your trips people...you are not the body

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Skyfloating]

When exactly does one say "it does not work"? Before I'd ever say that I would want to know why and exactly what protection I might require. Who is protecting whom?

If it is one of those "do as I say not as I do" sorts of things, there is no doubt that will only serve to increase my stubbornness and willingness to "force" much like that manner of approaching me did in youth (actually now too
).

Besides seemingly having mental arguments about this subject with who knows who while in trance, I discovered that those little itches and other discomforts that many find disruptive may be a signal that you have a psychological issue to contend with. "Pay attention to what's in your mind NOW" is the queue.

There is a strange paradox: to be comfortable enough to move out of your body at will, you actually have to be relatively comfortable within your body. You cannot use OOBE to escape all your problems here.

(summary of insights from last attempt)

Mind you I've had "freebies" early on and a couple recently, so it can't be hopeless for me.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join