It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new superbug found in Britain is major concern: Government scientists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
What is going on with all these diseases there seems to be a new one every now and again.
This is the latest one last week it was the plague in china is somebody trying to kill us of or something whats it going to be next week

A new superbug that is resistant to all antibiotics has been brought into Britain by patients having surgery abroad, Government scientists said.Doctors are urged to be vigilent for a new bug that has arriving in Britain with patients who have travelled to India and Pakistan for cosmetic surgery or organ transplants and is now circulating here.
So far there have been 22 cases in 17 hospitals Britain and the Health Protection Agency has said its emergence here is a 'major concern'.The HPA has found the enzyme that destroys antibiotics in patients with infections caused by E.coli and other bacteria.The enzyme, called New Delhi Metallo-1, has so far been found attached to bacteria that has caused urinary tract infections and respiratory infections.
It is of particular concern because it can jump from one strain of bacteria to another meaning it could attach itself to more dangerous infections that can cause severe illnesses and blood poisoning making them almost impossible to treat.

FROMwww.telegraph.co.uk...
When do we get some good news.

THANKYOU

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Sadly, I have to admit, I think our government authorities will continue to beat the drum of plague and killer disease until we all acquiesce to the mandate of cocktail inoculations for everyone who lives.

However, this one is a bit 'new' to me in that I have not heard of a 'piggy-back' infection like this.

Some scientists have been busy, no?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I have to agree entirely. But, now scientists may not be the only ones busy because I watched something on the History Channel the other day where scientists were advancing the theory that we may get a lot of our killer viruses from meteor dust. That's right... ET viruses that we have absolutely no immunity for.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This one's from last week but i think it is relevant to the subject.
Are we losing the war on bugs?

From swine flu to pneumonic plague - with E.coli in the mix - microbes have been making the headlines. Are they getting the better of us?
Whether it's flesh-eating necrotising fasciitis or equine morbillivirus, in which the sufferer essentially drowns in fluid leaking from the lungs, infections - be they bacterial or viral - capture the imagination in a way that more workaday conditions such as cancer and heart disease cannot.
And indeed our battle to outwit the bacteria which have caused death and decimation down the centuries has revealed just what a formidable foe they can be.
They have been around some three billion years longer than we have, and are adept at changing and adapting to their circumstances.

FROMnews.bbc.co.uk...

THANKYOU

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
There seems to be a connection in most cases to xenotransplantations and immunosuppressant drugs used to keep the body from rejecting a foreign object such as big cells. Once the persons body has accepted this transplant such as pig cells. It is believed that the body is susceptible to all the diseases the pig was susceptible to. And a mixing vessel is then created in that person in which a person to person transmittable disease can then be spread.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
These superbugs are a result of the overuse of antibiotics. They are not a plot to kill us off.

Antibiotics are among the most commonly prescribed drugs in the world, and they are commonly given when there is no earthly reason for using them. I have heard many people tell me that they went to a doctor for some virus - flu, whatever - and he prescribed antibiotics. Antibiotics don't kill viruses. If you have no bacterial infection, about all they'll do is kill the normal, healthy bacteria in your colon, giving you serious bowel problems.

Antibiotics, even when used properly, don't kill all the bacteria. They just kill most of them, and let your body handle what's left. Those remaining bacteria are the ones most resistant to the antibiotic. So every time you give antibiotics, you're just killing the more susceptible bacteria, leaving the tough ones to multiply. Eventually, you make them immune to that antibiotic.

Back in the day, there was (and probably still is) a strain of gonorrhea that was resistant to penicillin, because prostitutes were taking antibiotics all the time, hoping to prevent any venereal diseases. All they did was to create a super VD. Our soldiers brought this back from Vietnam.

We've already got MRSA, methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus. It's also known as the "flesh-eating bacteria". There's nothing much different from regular staph, except with regular staph you take an antibiotic and the infection goes away before it eats your flesh (which it used to do back in the olden days). Now, unfortunately, this strain is highly resistant to penicillin and other antibiotics, so it winds up doing horrible things to people.

But perhaps the most frightening, and most avoidable problem is that the meat industry routinely gives antibiotics to cattle. Somehow the antibiotics make the cattle gain weight. Of course, what also happens is that the natural bacteria in the cow's intestines becomes immune to antibiotics. We get strains of e. coli that are both highly dangerous and hard to kill. And it's perfectly legal.

So yeah, we're creating new bugs, but not in a deliberate effort to annihilate ourselves. It has more to do with stupidity and corruption.

As for the plague cases in China - that's where Plague comes from. Plague is endemic to certain rodents that live throughout Asia and even the Middle East. It has been in that area throughout recorded history, and no doubt long before that. Occasionally someone has a run-in with an infected rodent, and dies of Plague.

What led to the Plague in Europe was the Crusades. The Crusaders brought with them a vast army of rats that had been infected while in the Holy Lands (the rats followed them from Europe to the Holy Lands, and back again). These rats had fleas that jumped from the dying rats to humans, infecting them. Compounding matters, the Christians at the time thought that cats were of the devil, so they annihilated the cats. No cats, nothing to hold down the rat population. Result? You lose oh, about 2/3 of Europe, give or take. So leave kitty alone, or God will make you get the Plague.

The flu virus is not man-made. It existed in 1918-1919. What we have now is just the possibility that history might repeat itself in the form of a worldwide, highly-lethal pandemic. Flu can do that all by itself, without any help from us. And it *has*, which is why so many people are worried.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

S&F.

Reminds me that

a) infectious prions can hitchhike on viruses and bacteria, and

b) infectious prions can be enzymes, not just proteins.

Interesting world we live in, isn't it? And just amazing how everything is interconnected, no?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

dear chiron i agree with all you wrote except the last part about the flu pandemic - you are not right at all on this one stating that it appeared naturally. No dear, this swine flu pandemic has been created in the most secret bio labs of Russia and has been created and calculatedly planned to be let free in mexico just for the springbreak for thousends of american and european tourists in mexico in March&April 2009 from where it started spreading to North America, South Americ and Europe as planned. There are practically no cases in Russia and surrounding countries, there is no spread of the virus there at all and which is the most wierd of all is that there is even no import of sick people to Russia and all those surrounding countries which we call para-Russia, lol. China cases is lil bit different but at the end is the same case too bcz there is very few cases imported by western travelers and as we know all they have been isolated and quarantined by chinese gov. So from 1.3 billion which is the chinese populationo right now there are almost no cases( just maybe a thousand of cases of swine flu) which is nothing compared to 1.3 billion!!!
I dont like watching the whole western world succumbing under the constantly increasing number of swine flu deaths in more and more western-world countries while those barbarian bastards in Moscow and their surrounding allies are laughing at the west and telling to their citizens that Russia is "chosen by God to survive all apocalyptic disasters of the world and then later dominate the remainder of the world together with the chinese slave workhorses.

top topics

join