It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do I Choose the Correct Forum for a Post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Since the ATS system has changed since the golden era, I am unsure how to post a new thread and choose the appropiate forum where it belongs. Could somebody tell me how to go about doing that? I would appreciate any input and thanks in advance.

Although it shows that i've been a member since july 2006 i've been lurking here since the beginning at the end of 2002. Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by carnival_of_souls2047

Choose an appropriate forum and read a thread there. Then hit the "New Thread" button and post away.

I wouldn't worry too much about whether you've selected the right forum. MODS are friendly and helpful in that regard and will move it to the right place if they think your thread deserves a better home.

Hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I try to post in whichever section best represents the general theme of my thread. If there are several sections it could fit in though sending a mod a U2U to ask their advice works, I've had to do that before too.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by carnival_of_souls2047

Well the forum titles really speak for themselves. The tricky ones can be Skunk Works, UFO, and the Grey Area. Pretty much Skunk Works is for the highly speculative topics (ie; nothing but conjecture or a personal story as evidence), the "Grey Area" is for the even more highly speculative topics. Hope that helped somewhat.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Thank you, loam, Jenna, and jkrog08!

I appreciate you assistance very much and all of your comments were extremely helpful!

I will heed your advice and move forward into a brave new world of forum posting.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I try to go and look at the overviews for each forum. I have gotten it wrong and few times and the mods were helpful and moved them for me.... happy posting and look forward to your threads!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Im hoping a mod could talk to me about where to post my thread please.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Aye, just choose what you think seems best - or go for the general conspircay forum if unsure - and if needs be the Mods will move it for you. They only eat you on a full moon. Or after 2pm on the 3rd Sunday of the month

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
thanks for posting this mate i was having the same problem. thats why all my threads have ended up in the breaking news section and the mod's kepp moving it. once again thanks

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I had the same question. I posted a thread last night and looking at my profile shows that it doesn't have a single view, so I wondered if I posted it in the wrong place and it people weren't looking out of irritation that it was in the wrong place or (more likely) I am just really bad at creating topics that people want to read. I just got to wondering if I had made the right decision on posting location.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by amicae
Im hoping a mod could talk to me about where to post my thread please.

Which thread is that? What's the subject. Come on, stop holding out on us.

new topics

top topics

join