It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memo To Media And Liberals: Republicans Aren�t Behind The Town Hall Protests

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

You don't think its the GOP but you think its the mouth pieces of the GOP?

Did you even read your own article?

Its an independant, constitutionalist, libertarian, fence sitting democrats, and yes, a few republicans. But they didn't start voicing dissent per one party or another, they met BEFORE hanity had ever said a word, or before the reps and dems knew what was happening.. they met as US citizens, pissed off citizens that is.

Anyone with their head still up their arse believing the shills from the MSM needs to reevaluate where they get their information and WAKE UP.

(That means you hunka.. I know you say you don't, but your love affair of Obama's administration is painfully clear...)

[edit on 8/8/2009 by Rockpuck]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I think you have that right.

Nicely done.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Thank you. Most people fail to realize it seems.. but id say perhaps 30% of the general public is diehard liberal, and diehard conservative. The majority are fence sitters or independants with no party loyalty.

To assume dissent over cap and trade and healthcare is right wing propaganda is also to assume the huge outcry after the bailouts was also led by one political party. Which we all know it was not..

Occasionally party affiliation doesn't matter when you firmly disagree with a corrupt governments actions.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

You don't think its the GOP but you think its the mouth pieces of the GOP?

Did you even read your own article?

Its an independant, constitutionalist, libertarian, fence sitting democrats, and yes, a few republicans. But they didn't start voicing dissent per one party or another, they met BEFORE hanity had ever said a word, or before the reps and dems knew what was happening.. they met as US citizens, pissed off citizens that is.

Anyone with their head still up their arse believing the shills from the MSM needs to reevaluate where they get their information and WAKE UP.

(That means you hunka.. I know you say you don't, but your love affair of Obama's administration is painfully clear...)

[edit on 8/8/2009 by Rockpuck]

To be honest, it's less a love affair with Obama, and more a misanthropic stance on my part as it relates to the cacophony of ignorance that passes for belief that exists in America.

You tell me to wake up, but at the same time I have to say wake up to what? That everyone is an idiot?

That's pretty much the conclusion in my book. Sounds defeatist doesn't it... well it's liberating to be honest.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

Your undying defense of Obama amuses me. So you are saying that Hannity, Beck, and O'Reilly can brainwash the public into doing something they didnt really want to do? Wow they must be Gods!

I saw no defense of Obama in HunkHunka's post. Not did I see him claim that Hannity, Beck, and O'Reilly were brainwashing the general public. All those three need to do is to incite a few hundred radical right wing fanatics to disrupt free and peaceful assemblies or to commit acts of violence (remember Jim David Adkisson and the shooting at Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church as just one example). And of course who benefits? Follow the money trail in the US health care system and you can pretty much figure that out for yourself. It is also interesting to note that we are seeing many of these alleged grass roots American protesters being identified as having political positions within Republican administrations (like Tom Pile who worked for Tom Delay) and.or positions within organizations that are professional political organizers.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by metamagic]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I'm beginning to think the outrages at these town hall meetings are neither Republican nor Democrat in their backings, but a people ticked off at the corruption, deafness, and debaucheries of government. However, I think these outrages should have been administered years ago, because I am sorry, these weak attempts do nothing to reverse the damage already done. Call it a day late and a dollar short. Or another adage, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks." Folks, that is our government cut and dry. So they placate the people with bread and circuses as they run the country into the ground.

All it took was a crap economy, people losing jobs, retirement drying up, and being thrown out on the street to get a rise out of the comatose people of the United States! What ever happen to being politically vigilant at all times, good or bad? That is the duty of every American! However, I think these flunkies are wailing on deaf ears and the healthcare fiasco is only the tip of the iceberg of the kind of problems we are going to experience down the road. I'm sorry to rain on anyone's parade here but we have to look at how bad things are in a realistic sense. A few rants at town hall meetings are a mere drop in the bucket at solving our problems.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Misdirecting public opinion would be exactly what I would do if I were the leader of the majority party. Makes perfect sense, how would it look to the public if they admitted it was a grass roots movement by moderates and independents. Telling the truth would sure cut some holes in the sails of the good ship "Obamacare"

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The town hall protests are a mash up of all types of people, good, bad, and ugly.

I don't think anyone denies that hardcore Republicans are in there trying to stoke the flames. I think there's good reason to. Do any of us really understand the healthcare bill and what it entails? I personally don't trust a lot of the explanations because it's practically impossible to find one that's easily understandable and not driven by ideology.

Anyway, to be fair, the Democratic party was heavily involved in citizen-based movements during the Bush years. Usually, we just called them "grass-root" instead of propaganda. I guess that's the difference between whether or not you support the issue.

Was it a big deal when we had the DNC involved in events with MoveOn? What about when Cindy Sheehan became the darling of the anti-war, anti-Bush Democrats, and the DNC helped organize protests against Bush and his regime? They were happy to use her to drive Republicans down and energize Democrats, and now that we have Democratic control, you don't hear a word about her. I actually think she's finally woken up to the two-party complacency and is urging people to leave the Democratic party.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
I'm beginning to think the outrages at these town hall meetings are neither Republican nor Democrat in their backings, but a people ticked off at the corruption, deafness, and debaucheries of government. However, I think these outrages should have been administered years ago, because I am sorry, these weak attempts do nothing to reverse the damage already done. Call it a day late and a dollar short. Or another adage, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks." Folks, that is our government cut and dry. So they placate the people with bread and circuses as they run the country into the ground.

All it took was a crap economy, people losing jobs, retirement drying up, and being thrown out on the street to get a rise out of the comatose people of the United States! What ever happen to being politically vigilant at all times, good or bad? That is the duty of every American! However, I think these flunkies are wailing on deaf ears and the healthcare fiasco is only the tip of the iceberg of the kind of problems we are going to experience down the road. I'm sorry to rain on anyone's parade here but we have to look at how bad things are in a realistic sense. A few rants at town hall meetings are a mere drop in the bucket at solving our problems.

You are right my friend. Far to many of us were asleep at the wheel.Now we must pay the price for our lack of vigilance. However those that decieved us must pay a price also.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Wow, still a lot of disinformation out there from both sides attacking the citizens. As for the people saying the Big companies are against this, just keep spreading the lies. Big companies are going to make Trillions on this bill. Ever hear of monopolies? AARP, Big Insurance, Big Hospitals, Big Doctors Groups are all backing Obama. The only one against this crap is the American People, but keep pushing for government run healthcare, because we all know how well government run anything is. Divide and Conquer, you know the rest of America is waking up to the two party con game. I wonder why some of you have not. Any answers??

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Well, I'll go ahead and post this.

I've never really believed that his entire thing was a GOP plot.

No, it's more of a hannity/limbaugh/boortz/beck kinda thing in my mind.

These people can't "sense expanding government" they can only hear about it through the media outlets which are cheering them on and driving fear into their hearts.

Listen to Hannity all day cheering these town hall protesters on.

I mean, to be honest, I can't blame a lot of these people for falling for the fear tactics of the of the HLBB media. These are the same people who fell for the fear tactics of Sarah Palin.

The economy is also putting their feet to the fire. Now I don't believe that the failing economy was an actual tactic of the GOP to screw with the next dem in office, but the GOP is taking advantage of this anger and attempting to direct it.

www.kxmb.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

How hard is it for you to understand that most Americans are really scared of a government ran system? The protesters are every day Americans that are just flat pissed off at everything the government has done since last year at least. Republicans and Democrats are very equally mad at Obama. You think Tea Party's are just for Republicans? They are for AMERICANS who are pissed off and have had enough.

This country would be lucky to have Sara Palin as its leader over these morons.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Well, I'll go ahead and post this.

I've never really believed that his entire thing was a GOP plot.

No, it's more of a hannity/limbaugh/boortz/beck kinda thing in my mind.

These people can't "sense expanding government" they can only hear about it through the media outlets which are cheering them on and driving fear into their hearts.

Listen to Hannity all day cheering these town hall protesters on.

I mean, to be honest, I can't blame a lot of these people for falling for the fear tactics of the of the HLBB media. These are the same people who fell for the fear tactics of Sarah Palin.

The economy is also putting their feet to the fire. Now I don't believe that the failing economy was an actual tactic of the GOP to screw with the next dem in office, but the GOP is taking advantage of this anger and attempting to direct it.

www.kxmb.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

How hard is it for you to understand that most Americans are really scared of a government ran system? The protesters are every day Americans that are just flat pissed off at everything the government has done since last year at least. Republicans and Democrats are very equally mad at Obama. You think Tea Party's are just for Republicans? They are for AMERICANS who are pissed off and have had enough.

This country would be lucky to have Sara Palin as its leader over these morons.

I don't think you get where Hunka Hunka is going with the Hannity/Limbaugh/Beck angle? I think what he is trying to say is that the Republican zealots are latching on to anything that is contrary to Obama and his policy whether it be a Tea Party or Town Hall rant. The aforementioned commentators speak for a particular sect of the GDP not the the Republican party as a whole. They are trying to satisfy their own egos and political views rather than seriously trying to repair the country.

They pride themselves on separation and division rather than unification as a Americans first Republican or Democrat second. Americans are in serious times right now and continuing the current political status quo is reckless and irresponsible. People need to sober up from the inebriation of party affiliation and loyalty and concentrate on the status of the country as a whole. The very health and well being of the country is at stake and bickering amongst ourselves is only wasting valuable time.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by metamagic
It is also interesting to note that we are seeing many of these alleged grass roots American protesters being identified as having political positions within Republican administrations (like Tom Pile who worked for Tom Delay) and.or positions within organizations that are professional political organizers.

as well as GOP stalwart Dick Armey's Freedomworks. His interest is to support and to continue corporate health care and fight any attempt at single payer or public option.

Originally posted by Jakes51
... I think what he is trying to say is that the Republican zealots are latching on to anything that is contrary to Obama and his policy whether it be a Tea Party or Town Hall rant. The aforementioned commentators speak for a particular sect of the GDP not the the Republican party as a whole. They are trying to satisfy their own egos and political views rather than seriously trying to repair the country.

They pride themselves on separation and division rather than unification as a Americans first Republican or Democrat second. Americans are in serious times right now and continuing the current political status quo is reckless and irresponsible. People need to sober up from the inebriation of party affiliation and loyalty and concentrate on the status of the country as a whole. The very health and well being of the country is at stake and bickering amongst ourselves is only wasting valuable time.

Yes, good Americans are jobless, homeless, broke from medical bills, sick, their wealth stolen, angry. Good Americans are fearful enough of their personal financial and medical insecurity, and it is obvious that such fears are being stoked for use by individuals and groups who have their own agenda. Who will help those people when their use is over? The fearful are pawns to keep a status quo that will continue to keep them broke and fearful.

The most ridiculous is the elderly American on Medicare railing against govt health care. Irrational. People have been turned into pawns of corporations (no longer defined as citizens but as consumers) and those who would support corporatism.

<< 1   >>

join