It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memo To Media And Liberals: Republicans Aren�t Behind The Town Hall Protests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Memo To Media And Liberals: Republicans Aren�t Behind The Town Hall Protests

www.kxmb.com

And it speaks to a larger issue here: The tea party and town hall protests are not being organized by Republicans. The GOP is rooting them on, no doubt, as right now they’re targeting Democrats and their massive run-up of debt, deficit and government in general. Specifically, right now, their aim to expand government health care. The Democrats have control of Congress and the White House, so for right now they’re the face of the problem.

But I believe that even if we had a Republican-lead government we’d be facing the same protests.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well, I'll go ahead and post this.

I've never really believed that his entire thing was a GOP plot.

No, it's more of a hannity/limbaugh/boortz/beck kinda thing in my mind.

These people can't "sense expanding government" they can only hear about it through the media outlets which are cheering them on and driving fear into their hearts.

Listen to Hannity all day cheering these town hall protesters on.

I mean, to be honest, I can't blame a lot of these people for falling for the fear tactics of the of the HLBB media. These are the same people who fell for the fear tactics of Sarah Palin.

The economy is also putting their feet to the fire. Now I don't believe that the failing economy was an actual tactic of the GOP to screw with the next dem in office, but the GOP is taking advantage of this anger and attempting to direct it.

www.kxmb.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The GOP? The genius's that gave us John McCain in 2008? Give me a break.

Obama is the catalyst for this, the more people get to know him the more they are scared to death of him.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Your undying defense of Obama amuses me. So you are saying that Hannity, Beck, and O'Reilly can brainwash the public into doing something they didnt really want to do? Wow they must be Gods!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I lay the blame on Congress and the administration.

Congress for trying to pass a lobbyist packed bill that they know nothing about. A Congress that refuses to read the bill. A Congress that can't quote what is exactly in the bill.

With a bill that will impact just about every American, Why the rush to pass it?

The administration for pushing Congress into voting for this bill ASAP. Even if Congress had passed it, it isn't like this bill was going to be implemented the next day.

Just look at the stimulus bill. Passed quickly but most of the money has yet to be spent.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Secret Democratic Congressional Memo #6428628

Go ahead and assume that right wing news media like Rush and Hannity etc are behind this.

Also blame anything and everyone you can because it gives you something to blame and focus on.

Whatever you do, do not blame the legislation and the true agenda of the extreme left Washington elite and Obama administration.

Maybe the American people are stupid enough to fall for more bull# if we can just figure out a more palatable form to shove down their throats.

Nope those are not true Americans who oppose the ultimate agenda of the current congress majority, and Obama administration... It's just red bull fueled, racist talk radio fans who have been victimized by Rush and Hannity... Of course the true American people are too stupid to read and understand the legislation on their own so they have simply taken talking points from radio and ran with it. The American people are actually extremely gullible and this proves it.

All we need to do is blame anything and everyone, as long as we can keep the focus away from our actual agenda and legislation, which of course the people will not take the time to read or understand, so all is good, keep up the great work.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
And what of the RNC memos and all the right wing chatter to bust up these town hall meetings? Did all of that just suddenly get swept under the rug. The right wing and republicans need to shut the # up and actually think.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
And what of the RNC memos and all the right wing chatter to bust up these town hall meetings? Did all of that just suddenly get swept under the rug. The right wing and republicans need to shut the # up and actually think.

Could you please provide evidence of these "RNC memos and all the right wing chatter to bust up these town hall meetings"?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Then I guess the people that I saw on the news yesterday -man in his blue cross/shield shirt pretending to be an outraged citizen, woman standing up to claim she is not affiliated with any party who just happens to have a linkedin site showing she was a very prominent member of the republican pary as recently as last year, the random smattering of congressional staffers that have been shown on camera at these town hall meetings pretending to be locals throughout hte country - were all amazing conincidences. It sure seems more like a right wing nutjob talking head thing but when you see people who are actual members/employees of the republican party as well as health insurance companies...it kinda makes you wonder. Personally, from the clips I have seen and heard, most of these people have no script, talking points, or clue what they are talking about. I believe these people are just ignorant people that listen to the radio too much. Unfortunately, it only takes a couple of bad apples to spoil the bunch. They should be mad at the people I listed for giving MSNBC another good reason to make them look like liars.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Wait for it . . . wait for it . .

This going around in circles is craziness.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Yeah I wont hold my breath until she produces evidence. I am assuming there is none since instead of replying with any sort of evidence she just foed me...and I liked it.
So I made her a friend.

[edit on 8/8/2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Of course those protests aren't made by republicans. They are made by true patriots, the tea parties people. Those against the big government against the banks running this country and against BOTH PARTIES.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

Your undying defense of Obama amuses me. So you are saying that Hannity, Beck, and O'Reilly can brainwash the public into doing something they didnt really want to do? Wow they must be Gods!

Indeed... It's amazing how you can control the masses when you are spreading lies as those folks are.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

The right wing and republicans need to shut the # up and actually think.

Amazing how everyone was saying that the GOP was washed up, needed major changes, would be irrelevant for years to come, basically an inept group who had no leadership, a bunch of whities, lost their power, etc..

Now suddenly, they are back in the game controlling and manipulating the healthcare game.
If this was the case, GOP would have won the election with this kind of organization.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
For me, the irony of these times is the sound demonstration that regardless of the party label the tactic of discrediting the political voices of ordinary citizens is something both political parties love to do.

Our lack of commitment to free speech and political expression is depressing...

[edit on 8-8-2009 by loam]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

theplumline.whorunsgov.com...

www.salon.com...

www.alternet.org...

That was in a three second search. This is idiotic, the Repub organize this ridiculousness. Then as soon as it makes them look bad (which why wouldn't uneducated retards screaming incoherently at these town hall meetings make your side look like a better choice) I love the conservative argument style. Do something #ed up, claim you never did it, and then attack the person who says you did.

Oh I foed you because you fit a psychological profile I'm interested in keeping track of. You as a person have nothing interesting to offer.

And sorry to disappoint you, I'm man.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

So I guess since you used the Washington Post as the source for the "lies" that you think it is alright to twist the truth and manipulate the public as long as you are doing it against Conservatives and for Liberals.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Amazing how everyone was saying that the GOP was washed up, needed major changes, would be irrelevant for years to come, basically an inept group who had no leadership, a bunch of whities, lost their power, etc..

Now suddenly, they are back in the game controlling and manipulating the healthcare game.
If this was the case, GOP would have won the election with this kind of organization.

I think "control" and "manipulate" might be to strong of words. I'd chose "confuse" and "misdirect".

lies

link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Indeed... It's amazing how you can control the masses when you are spreading lies as those folks are.

You mean like the truth found in this thread?

link   

Originally posted by jam321

...The conservatives and republicans embarrassing themselves at these town hall meetings is some kind of positive organization? And you guys tried that, remember Palin? If anyone can vote for Palin without the influence of severe narcotics, there's obviously some partisanship organization at work, although unfortunately you ran off the majority of this country through your horrifying ideology which we all had to sit through for eight years.

[cry cry] You can't bring up Bush!!![cry cry]

You think seven months after eights years of the worst administration in the history of this country that did more to subvert the American way of life, you people actually have any credibility?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join