It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet Explorer 8, a month long experience.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Ok, about a month ago I decided to upgrade to internet Explorer 8 on my windows 7 installation.
and only required, of course:shk:, a reboot.

I determined myself to only use I.E. for the next month for any and all internet uses.

And so the fun began.....

I subscribe to coast two coast.
I was having constant issues with not being able to log into the website to download the shows.
I even went so far as to disable my kasperski internet security to prove it was doing nothing to block it. Still the same result.

Now on ATS, for some reason, it will not show the Private chat box for the cha-troom.:bnghd:

The list goes on and on this way.......

I am back to my Safari 4 and SSOOO much happier.
I will remember all those issues as I smile and don't use IE again.

Another minor note, in my task manager, I notices there was two instance for every ie window open.

Take from that what you will.

And now, the ATS Dancers:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I don't use IE at all. Well except at work, no choice there.

I wish that I could get my wife to use FF. She still uses IE, I'm not sure which version, I know it's not 8 though.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I use IE everyday, either at work or at home, but I use IE7 and for some reason I thought that I would not install IE8.

I guess I was lucky with my decision.
(But I may say it was a well thought-out process of analysis of all the data gathered from several different sources, it looks more professional
)

Also, most of my browsing is done in Opera.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

I dont use it except for my back office will only work application only work with IE....
It is evil....I cant understand how its even in the market! lol

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

iT's what's comes with windows.

That is good enough for most people

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Love Firefox! HATE IE!!

2nd line

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

You may want to try Safari 4 for windows.

You will find it fast and light.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Am I the only one using Opera?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

yes,.....

yes, you are........

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I had to say bye to IE8, coz it was hanging on me too often. The browser was designed with respect to Vista and I use XP, even though some Vista users found issues with IE8 as well. I miss IE, coz I was used to it. This browser Firefox I've switched to is so poorly equipped with handy stuff, but I hope it stays away from freezing and hanging.

Anyone knows how to delete Internet Temp Files with Firefox?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

I think it's in the "Tools" menu, "Clear recent history..." option.

Then you click on "Details" and choose what you want to clear.

PS: did you tried Opera?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

Download ccleaneer.

It cleans temp files and cookies very well.

It even works on Opera, even though no one actually uses that browser.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yes, that's what does the job. There is the "about" feature in Firefox 3 that I just downloaded that let you inside the browser. If you type about: config into the address bar, you can modify the settings -- there are more than hundred of them. If you type about: cache, you can view the content of the cache device. So I clicked the Clear Recent History, as you recommended, and that cleared it. But . . . when you start browsing with Firefox 3, there is already 79 temps to begin with. This browser is a monster -- 80MB! But the commit charge is less than in IE8. There are problems: if you start to scroll before the page loads, the browser will hang. There is no right click on the vertical scroll bar, so you can't scroll directly to the top or bottom of the page. That's essential in viewing board pages fast. I didn't uninstall IE8, so I can toggle between those browsers. Firefox loads faster certain pages, but asks for plug-ins where IE8 didn't. The Bookmarks (Favorites in IE) is atrocious. I like IE but it caused too many problems for me.

I didn't try Opera. I think I learn more about this Firefox browser to use it effectively.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
:shk:

Now it turned out that it was one particulur site that was causing the problem I had. So I'm back to IE8 and keep Firefox 3 as a spare.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Look, if your computer is secure with anti-virus, firewall and anti-spyware programs......

Work with whatever browser you are happy/comfortable with.

I simply stated my experiences with ie 8.

For what it's worth, you need ie for M$ updates as well as download from M$, like win 7 demo and such.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Nope. Opera 10 Beta here. Best Browser by far, IMO.

It even works on Opera, even though no one actually uses that browser.

To be fair, Safari is not exactly significantly more popular than Opera. Sure it's faster than Opera, but then again, it doesn't have any of the features...

[edit on 23/8/2009 by C0bzz]

top topics

join