It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we can never have true world peace

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I think the biggest idea behind the concept of a new world order is to have a lasting peace. This is why some people believe that is a viable option. Even Walter Cronkite believed in a one world government because of the peace angle. Their hearts might be in it but their brains have gone out to pasture. Who wouldn't want world peace? The one problem with having a one world government is corruption and abuse of power. It always seems to happen.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by cloakndagger]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

I believe world peace is possible, but not in the current state of evolution we are in. Obviously our current state of consciousness makes "peace" or "true peace" a difficult concept to grasp. I believe it will happen, but our ideas of who we are need to change first.

Love and Light, Ron

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. -Buddha

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

There will never be a simple answer to world peace.

I never said it would be simple, but I will believe it's possible until I'm dead.

edit: haha sorry i misspoke

[edit on 8/8/09 by CSquared288]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
yeah. it really is the government, power, money which cause a lot of the evil in the world.

until something can be changed about those things, other peices of the puzzle cant fall into place.

people worry about money, they worry about the government, the media etc.

we need to go back to living the simple life. life without a lot, but just enough to get us by.

i know i am. i dont drive. i walk or bike. i work at coffee shops where i get paid hardly any money for a lot of work, but i love it and it gets me by at the bare minimum i can afford. i dont have a lot because i move around a lot and its a pain to take everything with you, so i got rid of most of my things years ago.

and you know what... i wouldnt ask for things to be any different. money is an illusion. it isnt real. we make it real by promoting things that are expensive and beautiful and that cost money

the best things in life are free and cant be bought.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

THATS FINE. I am saying that it would be difficult. Hell, I'll even go as far as to say it's implausible.

but NOT IMPOSSIBLE

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

This is evidence for an argument. NOT FACT.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

I will say the same thing to you. this is evidence for an argument. not fact.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
AND TO BE CLEAR, WHEN I SAY "THIS IS NOT FACT," I AM REFERRING TO WHAT MY DISAGREEMENT WAS TO BEGIN WITH:

THERE IS NO FACT THAT YOU CAN PRODUCE THAT UNDENIABLY SAYS WORLD PEACE IS IMPOSSIBLE

this is what I am arguing about.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

And believe or not, most people feel the need to get physical when debating things that are of TRUE importance to them and shakes their belief structure.

See? It's when people do stuff like this that annoys me.

You're making this statement to aid your argument.

Where did you get this information? Is there a study I can see that says this? Even if there was, whatever study it is would be so limited in it's scope, it couldn't possibly hope to encompass accurately the mindset of everyone in the world.
Did you go around and ask everyone yourself?

How do you KNOW these things.

know.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CSquared288

Well a fellow Libertarian I see.

Always nice to meet another. The example you gave of co-existing is exactly the system of government we require. And I agree with your viewpoints, perhaps the world is a bit too synical, including myself for world peace to be attained in this lifetime.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thank you for that, keeper. It's been a pleasure having this discussion with you. hope to see you around.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
alright will heres my main question that i was trying to state in the first post

would you truly WANT world peace, even though you wouldnt always know what you have? you could have it all, and not notice.. because everyone else would have the same as you. you would never appreciate a sunrise if every day there was the perfect sunrise.

if there was a nuclear holocaust and you never saw the sun again, im damn sure youd appreciate seeing another sunrise.

do you get what im saying?

nothing is perfect when we have it.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

I get what you're saying completely.

I guess my problem with that desire is it can easily be flipped on end. That would mean that you only appreaciate a gold necklace because someone else doesn't have one.

Everything's relative and whatnot.

i suppose it's whether you want a balanced world of equality, or an imbalanced world of forlorn beauty. There's pros and cons to both.

What if existence is like a taught guitar string?
Standing still is it's natural state, everything in balance, harmony, no friction to speak of, but also no gain from overcoming said friction.
Then you pluck the string.
The string spends all it's time shifting back and forth from imbalance to imbalance until it again reaches equilibrium.
But every time it overcomes that friction, snaps back to other side and ends up one step closer to its original state, it rejoices.

In the form of any beauty our existence can produce.
NO matter how far skewed the universe becomes, there's always that want to return to equilibrium.
Overcoming adversity, that is our strength and our beauty rolled into one

[edit on 8/8/09 by CSquared288]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I definetly agree with you. If you dont experience pain once in awhile you wont know what its like to feel good. Because you dont have anything to compare it to. So in that sense, everyone on the world being happy and peaceful, just wouldnt be sensible. We need our daily struggles to appreciate the good things in life. Star and Flag.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
i think you guys are gettin through to me now. religion was fukin wit my head big time. i was always thinkin, "wuts my purpose"? i was asking the wrong question. what will be my purpose is what i should of been asking myself. man religion had me hating unknowlingly. i wasnt showing love. it was all about "my god"/ myfears/ my false reality.

if the new world consists of everybody coming together as one in a sense, and everyone's still their own individual, im all for it. i can understand that secrets are ok. its kind of like, if you dont ask the question then maybe you arent ready for the answer. if i make mistakes, its cus im not perfect. i think we all are evolving at the pace we can handle.

i talked alot of smack on people that i think are actually helping me, im sorry fellas.

ahh, the voice of reason. ya cant argue with the concept, lol. i understand we all fail our share of pop quizzes because were not meant to be known we are being tested, its a pop quiz. i now understand that im not always ready to hear the answer even if i ask the question. i still may not be ready. some say the end justifys the means. in certain circumstances that may be true. seacrest out!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join