It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panic attacks, (in general)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I had my first panic attack about a month ago. I'm a fit, healthy, 21 year old male and never thought about getting one or never knew what one really was. Boy, was I surprised. I thought I was going to die. One of the most terrifying experiences I've ever encountered. It came on after a two month series of horrible stressful events. It took a lot out of me and I haven't felt the same since. It's very weird for me. Like something 'clicked' and the depression set in. Anyone have any suggestions to help me out of this damn slump? Help is greatly appreciated. I'm beginning to forget what life was like before my attack.
Thanks.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I've had them for years. I think drug use screwed up my chemistry. Paxil helps by making me be relatively normal and not having dizzy spells for more than 80% of the day, but the side effects make it almost not worth the benefits.

I love benzos (expecially Klonopin) because without them I would not have been able to turn my life around. See, Paxil only gets rid of the CONSTANT dizziness. It does absolutely nothing for those wonderful half hour periods where I acan't move off the couch while taking my pules and trying my hardest to not pass out. Klonopin takes care of that.

The only crappy thing is that they're narcs and lose usefulness over time. I stop taking them and suffer through a few weeks or a month every now and then so that my body loses the tolerance slightly and does not become dependant totally, but still I'd love to not have to take them at all.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedude69
Hello,

my good friend drank way too much booze
started to bleed a little from the nose
and proceeded to experience a painful and frantic hysteria.
she was extremely cold
she was trembling like an ice brick
she began to experience very intense muscle contractions, as if she was delivering a child.

a while back the same sort of scenario happened to another girl I knew
SVE

The blatant arrogance and stupidity here overwhelms me so much it is difficult to write this. I immediately thought "alcohol poisoning" but when I saw so many others suggesting the same thing ... I decided another post was not necessary. THEN, I saw the feeble rebuttal at the bottom of page one by the OP and couldn't believe it! Some people NEVER learn, even when the answer is right in their face! This is nothing at all like a panic attack. You could have killed her! In fact, you are guilty of practicing without a license already. And your friend MIGHT have liver damage so she should seek medical advice even if it's a few days past. www.mayoclinic.com...=symptoms

See the word SEIZURES below? DUH! Your entire thread should be removed as a "Public Saftey Announcement".

Furthermore, she may have a medical history and or medications that further complicate this. And you say you have done this BEFORE! AAAAA-RRRGH! I'm pulling my hair out!

If you are over 14 years of age ... grrrrrrrrrr!

•Confusion, stupor
•Vomiting
•Seizures
•Slow breathing (less than eight breaths a minute)
•Irregular breathing
•Blue-tinged skin or pale skin
•Low body temperature (hypothermia)
•Unconsciousness ("passing out")

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bringmeachair
I had my first panic attack about a month ago. I'm a fit, healthy, 21 year old male and never thought about getting one or never knew what one really was. Boy, was I surprised. I thought I was going to die. One of the most terrifying experiences I've ever encountered. It came on after a two month series of horrible stressful events. It took a lot out of me and I haven't felt the same since. It's very weird for me. Like something 'clicked' and the depression set in. Anyone have any suggestions to help me out of this damn slump? Help is greatly appreciated. I'm beginning to forget what life was like before my attack.
Thanks.

Just do what you have done your entire life. I found that I started to get my life back together when I was forced to participate in school situations. Getting your voice heard by others increases your awareness and overall curiosity of why life is the way it is. My good friend Chris always tells me, life is like the market, it has its ups and downs. Learn to live with the downs, you will find that your ups will be much more enjoyable when they happen

SVE

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Hello, thank you for denying ignorance. Now I will be able to let my friend know that she definitely needs to go to the hospital so that her liver can be checked. I owe this thread a lot, it has helped me realize the differences between alcohol poisoning and a panic attack. I also hope people do not overlook the fact that what brought her back to us was not by stating to her that you have alcohol poisoning, and that we need to get you to a hospital, but rather, you are suffering from a panic attack and you are going to be ok. The power of deception can be a very powerful tool, and maybe that is what I have learned in this thread.

"The Illusion of Safety"

SVE

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by thedude69

Good Babe! Great attitude. We all make mistakes, and we all learn.
You are all the wiser now. Nobody wants you to not have fun. Fun should be right up there high on your agenda. Just dont do anything to hurt yourselves. I trust you won't. My best to you.

liw

top topics

<< 1   >>

join