It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Bush wanted to invade Iraq; Gog and Magog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
For those of you who believes the US invaded Iraq because of oil,think again because it may have been religion:

Former French President Jaques Chirac says that in 2003, President Bush asked him to send troops to Iraq to stop Gog and Magog, the "Bible’s satanic agents of the Apocalypse."

Article:
Former French President says Bush invaded Iraq to thwart Gog and Magog's apocalyptic mission

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Acharya]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Although I know George "talked" to God all the time through whatever ridiculous drugs he was taking at the time, I have a different theory of why the war was taken to Iraq.

You see at the time, the US did not have a permanent stronghold in the Middle East, something that is very much an advantage when waging a war in that area.

So they chose Iraq, figuring they had put Saddam there in the first place, they could manipulate him in playing ball. However, he didnt, so they went on a witch hunt, hung him and then started their own form of "democracy".

But a problem arose, you see George disbanded the army after taking over, what a great idea that was. Suddenly there were about 2 million more insurgents, because it was the only way to put food on the table.

This provided a huge challenge that the US could not overcome, so they moved everything to Afghanistan, since they do play ball with Americans.

That's just my thoughts.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Double Post, sorry mods....please remove.

~Keeper

[edit on 8/8/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

I already posted this news item. This is big news and it is not on msn.

Here is the link;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

History scholars will be debating why Bush went into Iraq 50 years from now.

I don't see that this revelation by Chiraq necessarily says much of anything about Bush's thoughts and intentions. He probably had many reasons for going in, I'll list a few:

-the well know and recognized belief internationally and by both political parties that Iraq had a large stash of WMDs and intended to use them. Sadam was thought to be a loose cannon.
-the fact that few were found didn't necessarily mean that they were not moved to Syria or Lebanon. Convoys went to both nations.
-at that time the Afgahnistan war was grinding down, the proven bad guys, the Al Quada were fleeing to points south (Iraq) and east. The natural direction for the war to expand (as wars do) is into Iraq with Sadam as the biggest target.
-indications from the CIA were that Iraq had participated in numerous operations against the US and her allies. Iraq had performed countless atrocities against its own citizens for racial, political and religious reasons.
-Sadam had gone too far too many times!

What does Bush tell Chiraq when he calls? Doesn't Bush list all of the above and shouldn't France fear Sadam and want to participate in his elimination? Oh, and BTW mention the biblical reference to God vs. Gog and Magag, well know traditional enemies. The ongoing world rivalry supposedly not unchanged. Bush and Chiraq being New World Order (or at least world order) types in the know about world rivalries should both have understood.

Chiraq apparently recently took the occasion of his book to make the revelation of what was said during the Bush/Chiraq conversation, being presumably partially truthful in doing so. French being French will always take the opportunity to criticize the Americans and especially the Bushes and make them look like backward cowboys if they/he possibly can. Being refined, bright and cultured and not needing the US behind them militarily for the moment at least.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acharya
For those of you who believes the US invaded Iraq because of oil,think again because it may have been religion:

Former French President Jaques Chirac says that in 2003, President Bush asked him to send troops to Iraq to stop Gog and Magog, the "Bible’s satanic agents of the Apocalypse."

Article:
Former French President says Bush invaded Iraq to thwart Gog and Magog's apocalyptic mission [edit on 8-8-2009 by Acharya]

The Council for Secular Humanism is North America's leading organization for non-religious people. A not-for-profit educational association, the Council supports a wide range of activities to meet the needs of people who find meaning and value in life without looking to a god. Its activities range from magazine publishing to campaigning on ethical issues, from conferences to support networks, from educational courses to conducting secular ceremonies, from local groups to international development. Officers of the Council for Secular Humanism include Paul Kurtz (Chair Emeritus).

Hmmm.... I wonder why such a group would have an article like this one? Could it be that they are anti-religious?

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

Ok so we all know who gog and magog are right??

"Gog and Magog." Here, however, the reference is not to an individual commander, or ruler. Both names are shown to apply to "those nations in the four corners of the earth" who allow themselves to be misled by Satan

Here is the Wikipedia explanation

The tradition of Gog and Magog (Hebrew: גוג ומגוג‎; Arabic: يأجوج و مأجوج‎) begins in the Bible with the reference to Magog, son of Japheth, in the Book of Genesis and continues in cryptic prophecies in the Book of Ezekiel which are echoed in the Book of Revelation and in the Qur'an. The tradition is very ambiguous, with even the very nature of the entities differing between sources. They are variously presented as men, supernatural beings (giants or demons), national groups, or lands. Gog and Magog occur widely in mythology and folklore.

I repeat: The tradition is very AMBIGUOUS!

If in fact Bush did mention gog and magog to Chirac. Permit me to doubt, however. His reference HAD to be a vague one probably referring to good (us) vs evil (Sadam). Apparently the supposed reference went right over Chirac's head and Chirac later accused GW of some sort of simple minded Bible thumping. The French often have such acute, politically correct perception!

IMHO, the reason the French did not go into Iraq with the US had nothing to do with Bush's phone call and more to do with the French being stubborn, rebellious, tight, politically correct, protective of their own selfish interests with Sadam and well, French! Ie., let the Americans take care of the problem, not us, we have no belly for it.

new topics

top topics

join