It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin: Obama's 'death panel' would decide Trig's care

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Frankly I don't trust the Government whether it's run by Republicans or run by Democrats to adminster something like Health Care.

Well I, frankly, don't trust the private sector to administer something like health care. It's all about profits, not about people or human life. Like the insurance company that once turned down my claim because it was for treatment of a pre-existing condition. Like, they will only cover you if you haven't been sick. If you have been sick they'll collect your premiums but it's bye-bye when you make a claim.

My father was a federal employee and a military reserve officer. When he retired he received pensions from both and also good health care. My husband and other relatives are happy with their Social Security and Medicare coverage.

The government has treated my family very well.

I'd trust them before the tender mercies of profiteers.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert
reply to post by mhc_70

Yes, there is anger...but two kinds of anger...

On one angry side, the vocal side being activated by groups whose interest is NOT wanting health care change, people are angry over the govt even TRYING to reform the health payment system. These people are getting the media play.

I think everybody wants health care reform, but most people do not feel giving the government more control is going to be productive. I am happy with my health care and wouldn't change a thing. But, I consider myself lucky and feel like there are changes that can be made, by allowing the government to regulate more effectively, among other things, that will help the less fortunate.

On the other angry side are those who are angry that the proposals so far seem to be weakening to not include single payer, public option, etc. THIS voice is being drowned out...tactically.

If thats the case they have been duped. The plan being pushed doesn't include single payer, it makes single payer the only option. Thats why they call it single payer, no?

The disruptors play to the hands of the corporate interest, whether they realize this or not. Corporate (status quo) interest is drowning out the voices of those who want to see something radically different.

It is still a game of corporate interest masquerading as a friend of the citizen, on their side, versus citizen interest. Corporate interest has so far played on irrational fears (killing off the elderly), and now wants to include those angry about foundational fears. People fear govt control, but here is an example of corporate control of people.

In corporatism, the corporation cannot condone discussion it doesn't want. This is corporate censorship.

The facts have shown that those arrested for disruptions and assault at these town halls are from the left wing. I have yet to hear reports of any being right wing. So would it be fair to say corporations are in bed with the left?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias

Well I, frankly, don't trust the private sector to administer something like health care. It's all about profits, not about people or human life. Like the insurance company that once turned down my claim because it was for treatment of a pre-existing condition. Like, they will only cover you if you haven't been sick. If you have been sick they'll collect your premiums but it's bye-bye when you make a claim.

Sorry, but your arguement doesn't hold water. Private health insurance profit many, many, many more times from the claims they pay than the ones they deny.

If not, they wouldn't have the huge customer base they profit so much from.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Actually I trust the corporations less than I do the Government but corporations ultimately have to deal with an issue called 'customer retention'.

I get in arguments with large corporations all the time. They have there screwed up policies and their contracts and I have my hard earned money they would like to seperate me from.

Before I ever give up on a corporation after exhausting call centers and supervisors I always utter these feared words "Transfer me to your Customer Retention Department".

Ultimately to most corporations my business has a precise value based on a formula the corporation has to determine a customer's precise value.

Ultimately it costs corporations money to acquire new customers which they break down based on their advertising budget versus how many new customers their advertising budget brings in and divide the one into the other.

They are immediately authorized in customer retention to spend at least the cost of acquiring a new customer to placate me and keep me as a customer.

The can additionally split the difference and add to that concession the diference between what the average customers value in revenue is based on their over all revenue divided by the over all number of customers and what my specific value as a customer is to them, which based on my spending habits is always greater than the average customer.

Corporations will typically spend a sizable chunk of change in dollar and billing concessions to not loose my business.

The Government on the other hand does not believe I will move to Uruguay and take up residence elsewhere!

The Government does not care if I am not happy.

Corporations care if I am not happy if it means loosing my business.

Big difference.

I don't trust corporations or the government, I know how to do business with both, but it is far easier to do business with the corporations versus the government when you have a genuine complaint you would like rectified.

As far as Government health, I am not sure if you caught the headlines but here in Miami the local VA ended up giving AIDS tainted blood to so many patients they have had to ask every patient whose gotten blood for the past several years to come in and get tested!

That's the kind of health care I can do without.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

It drives me crazy when somebody says something so much better than I can

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mhc_70
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

It drives me crazy when somebody says something so much better than I can

We all get by with a little help from our friends!

I enjoy reading your posts, you share a lot of great things.

The truth is it's a lot harder to solve problems with the government.

Why it took me a whole afternoon at the IRS Office to beat them.

The poor agent had to involve people via telephone from Texas to New Jersey to Maryland and was so nervous when they finally blinked and rolled over for me he said "You are either the luckiest man alive or we are both going to jail for a long time".

They usually don't have that going to jail for a long time concern in the private corporate sector!

Dealing with the government on contentious issues is tedious to say the least.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This is an interesting and scary article I came across today. Talking about Lyndon Larouche's view of this;

President Obama is now impeachable, because he has, in effect, proposed legislation which is an exact copy of the legislation for which the Hitler regime was condemned in the post-World War II trials. It is an impeachable offense to propose such a thing in this time. With this statement from him, the President now deserves impeachment.

What the President, and his cost-accounting henchmen, like budget chief Peter Orszag, are now insisting on, as the centerpiece of their health-care "reform," is precisely what LaRouche had identified weeks before. Having adopted the view of the British financier oligarchy, that society cannot afford to put its resources into maintaining what Nuremberg Trial veteran Dr. Leo Alexander called the "non-rehabilitatable sick," the Obama Administration has concluded that there are some (i.e., many) lives "not worthy to be lived." They have thus fixed on a mechanism to make the decisions as to who will get the scarce resources. Not surprisingly, they came up with the same approach that Hitler did in 1939—setting up a board of experts to determine who shall live, and who shall die. The program, which killed hundreds of thousands of Germans even before the mass killing of Jews began, was called T4.

In fact, the CMS is, right now, about to issue a ruling that Medicare and Medicaid will issue "bundled payments for kidney dialysis" from January 2011 onward. Reuters notes correctly, in reporting the ruling: "Under the bundled system, dialysis providers will receive a fixed payment [per patient] for all services and drugs. The dialysis center would effectively profit by spending less money on each patient."

www.larouchepub.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by oneclickaway

Good old Lyndon H LaRouche Jr.

It's a shame what the Powers that Be did to him. Cyrus Vance his attorney that defended him in a mail fraud trial he was convicted on by the Regan Justice Department called it the greatest and most egregeous miscairage of justice he had ever witnessed.

As one of the world's most brilliant economists back in 2000 he was already talking about the bubbles in the Real Estate, Stock and Currency Markets as being beyond repair all of which he blamed on Al Gore's virtual economy theories and Clinton's acquiessence to them, and publicly stated he didn't think George H. W. Bush could keep the scam going for even a year before it imploded on him. In many ways it's a testimony to the Oligarchs skills that they kept the bubbles going for another 7 years under Bush's presidency.

A top NSA annalyst says Lyndon LaRouches private intelligence agency is the best private intelligence agency in the world.

The Powers that Be despise him, the Republicans accuse him of running a political cult and the Democrats barely tollerate him.

He has actually run for President in the last eight elections including once from his Federal Jail Cell.

I like the guy!

Don't tell anyone.

This health care bill really is about eugenics and euthenasia and the fact that it's thousands of pages long just makes it easier to hide the sordid details of it.

Great post.

Go Lyndon go!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join