It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thoughts on Déjà vu

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by king9072

I know exactly what you're saying. Especially with all the possible outcomes, the fact that you know the exact one...well the numbers are astronomical on those odds!!!! Really!

[edit on 14-8-2009 by ldyserenity]

Yes exactly. Dejavu experiences are so hard to explain and I hope my post wasn't too much of a ramble.

But for instance, lets picture a room, a room with a TV that is on, a computer that is on, random things around the room (a living room)...

Now, you walk into that room and suddenly the DejaVu hits. Literally ANYTHING could be on the tv, objects could be placed anywhere in the room, and the computer could have any webpage opened. The amount of possibilities is endless. So when your eyes focus on the TV and you have the DV feeling, its not just what your looking at, but you have that feeling where you know where your eyes will look next.

To elaborate, lets say someone used the computer and left a webpage you don't frequent up. So you walk in the DV hits, you look at the TV, and you know the next thing the guy on the TV is going to say... then you get the feeling that you have to look at the computer, you look and see the website that you've never seen before... yet you already knew it was there. So bizarre.

How is this possible???

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Deja vu is where one side of your brain is working ever so slightly faster than the other. So, you look at something, both eyes perceive it, however the memory centers may be out of sync - one lobe thinks it's seen it before because the other lobe has.

The brain is also excellent at filling in missing information, even time-dimensionally, which is why you might perceive/remember something from some time ago.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mithrawept
Deja vu is where one side of your brain is working ever so slightly faster than the other. So, you look at something, both eyes perceive it, however the memory centers may be out of sync - one lobe thinks it's seen it before because the other lobe has.

The brain is also excellent at filling in missing information, even time-dimensionally, which is why you might perceive/remember something from some time ago.

So does a person with only one side of a brain (Half) not experience this at all? I would like to know cause if they do, that'd blow that theory out of the water. Maybe they can study this a little bit. I have heard at least one human being still alive today has been born with only the left side of the brain or right can't remember which, but if I knew the person I'd surely ask them if they've had DV's at all.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mithrawept

Specifically;

"however the memory centers may be out of sync - one lobe thinks it's seen it before because the other lobe has."

I could see how this could happen in a very familiar environment, and would agree with this theory for some scenarios.

The only thing is that almost half of the times I have experienced DV, have been in places which I know I have never been before. For instance while living in France I had it, as well as on a trip to Australia. But additionally, I've had it more locally in locations that I know for a fact I have never been to.

Your theory asserts that we actually have had the experience before or at least thats what I think you were trying to say with the bolded part of your above quote.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join