It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck's Obama "Racist" Comments Cost Him Advertisers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Personally I like John Stewart's take on it.

You can view the video here.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Beck reminds me of those people who say things like, "I went into a restaurant full of black people and I was pleased to discover that they were very civil just like we are... No throwing of food or yelling obscenities or anything like that... And I'm not racist."

They don't even realize that they are racist! Their assumption is that black people aren't civil, that they throw food and yell obscenities.

Most racist people would swear on a stack of bibles that they aren't racist. Because they don't even know it.

I feel a little sorry for Beck because he's so ignorant, he didn't know that what he said would be offensive.
But he deserves to lose advertisers. He's an idiot.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You think Beck is a racist?

Edited to say, I am so weary of worrying about racism whenever one disagrees with Obama.

[edit on 033131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

They don't even realize that they are racist! Their assumption is that black people aren't civil, that they throw food and yell obscenities.

Don't know about you but I have never been around a group of more than 5 black people without hearing the "n" thrown around a few times.

If I know them...I always say "Did he just call you the "n" word (except I will actually say it) LOL Just asking a question you know.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I don't know. I don't listen to him that much. But my point was that he says things and doesn't even realize that people might find them extremely offensive. My point is that he's oblivious.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I don't know. I don't listen to him that much. But my point was that he says things and doesn't even realize that people might find them extremely offensive. My point is that he's oblivious.

I understand I cringe at some of his antics, but he does have many good points too.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
In other words, do not speak your opinion, or you will be punished!

The USA is sooo great in this new era!

Which opinion? That Obama has a deep seeded hatred for white people or that he does NOT hate white people? Glen says both in less than two minutes. Which opinion do claim he is being punished for?

He poses as a journalist and works for a "news" orginisation. He said these statements on a "news" show. These are not places where opinion is a protected expression of freedom. These are places where objective facts are to be reported. That is not happening, thus veiwers are turning away, thus advertisers are telling their employees (Beck) how to behave in the future in order to make them more money. That is how capitalism works in America.

Perhaps you liked it better over the last 8 years when people with opinions against he president were relegated to "free speach zones," denied access to white house information, and general shut up any and every way possible. Yes, this includes people going to meetings or town halls as well as your Olbermans. That was under Bush, now under Obama, Beck says something stupid and his financeers tell him they will take their money somewhere else if he keeps saying stupid rascist things on the news and you start to cry foul?

LOL, I never thought I would live long enough to see the voting age population turn into such a buch of whiny, spolied, rotten losers. This is democracy, you lost this time. That is life. If you do not like it, go to a country that does not elect its leaders and complain there.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

He knows what he says and how it affects people. Listen to the whole "Fox News" crew on the radio for a few weeks. Even Dennis Miller, who used to be my personal hero, is just on the radio saying the same stupid thing. Between the tv channel and these radio shows, there is one common theme that they all share. I think they think that their listeners are too stupid to realize they are hearing the same 3 hour script over and over 4 times a day. They say things to get people riled up and angry. They also say things to scare people about the future of America, jobs, paper currency, then BAM! - a commercial about buying gold.

"The country you know is going away, the money you use is failing, everyone will die and life will suck, unless you stock up on gold from goldline trading because even I....blah blah blah... now back to how the scary foreign born black man destroys your freedom, cha cha cha baby."

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Nicely said, indeed.

Before culture, nationality & race comes family, well close family, imo. In the long run that is the most important to anyone: Family.

Growing up in the 70's, 80's, in a country who were the main headline when it came to racial issues. I myself, nor anyone i knew/know have never been part of violence against blacks, yet on the news it was the opposite, every white S.African were/is a racist. Yes, there were issues from all races against each other in South Africa as in any other country.

In the end us "minorities" were the weakest and folded in South Africa, and it is has become a nightmare living here. We hang on to hope wishing our country become as strong, crime free as it once was, there is no chance.

What will happen in America i wonder? Americans do not have the free speech as many think and the doors are closing. People need to wake up & learn from others misfortune and see what happens when we sit back and take slap after slap and never retaliate.

I do hope that Americans will stand up when it hits the fan. Remember, minority South Africans were outvoted, thanks to strength in numbers and sanctions. U.S.A do not have this problem...

I want every good soul to be seen as equal & cared for but my family still comes first.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

He's an idiot.

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
You think Beck is a racist?

I don't know. I don't listen to him that much.

I find it curious that you don't know if he's racist, because you don't follow him much, but you're certain he's an idiot.

Anyhoo...

I think advertisers have every right to spend their dollars as they see fit. As a consumer, I have a similar right to not purchase their products or services in the same regard.

Regardless of what you think about Beck, this is an example of the system working, imo.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Beck knows Obama has cleared a path for Americans of all backgrounds faiths and gender to lead this nation. Resorting to the early 1950s is a welcome comfort zone for the rightwing base keeping these shockjocks in business a few more months. The rest of America will progress and move on. I await a non religious candidate.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobrafangchain
Beck knows Obama has cleared a path for Americans of all backgrounds faiths and gender to lead this nation.

Clear a path? If anything Obama has ruined any black's chances of getting nominated again for a very long time.

I can hear it now.....remember what the last black President did to our country?

[edit on 8-8-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Beck knows Obama has cleared a path for Americans of all backgrounds faiths and gender to lead this nation. Resorting to the early 1950s is a welcome comfort zone for the rightwing base keeping these shockjocks in business a few more months. The rest of America will progress and move on. I await a non religious candidate.

I also await a non religious candidate, but Obama has done nothing himself. Unless you mean that thanks to Obama's nomination it has cleared a path. Those who voted him into office, they started the ball rolling and then of course the big boys whom run everything, you should thank them.

I myself feel sorry for those thinking that everything is okey-dokey & spiff-tastic.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

That's ridiculous.

I doubt Bush ruined it for white men.

Obama's problem is not his race....it's his perspective.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

We were reminded everyday that Obama is the first black President, as if this was his only qualification. The same thing with Sotomayor being the first hispanic Supreme Court nominee.

If they can bring it up in a good light, shouldn't we be able to criticize using it too?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

No. Not a repeated effort to elect biracial blacks. But there may be a chance for Americans of all beliefs and color.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by qonone

Yes. Pelosi made a video about this which aired on hbo. I've never laughed so hard in my life seeing Modern southern americans take the election of obama very hard. The adults cried and prayed for the nation.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Cobrafangchain]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by qonone
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Nicely said, indeed.

Before culture, nationality & race comes family, well close family, imo. In the long run that is the most important to anyone: Family.

Growing up in the 70's, 80's, in a country who were the main headline when it came to racial issues. I myself, nor anyone i knew/know have never been part of violence against blacks, yet on the news it was the opposite, every white S.African were/is a racist. Yes, there were issues from all races against each other in South Africa as in any other country.

In the end us "minorities" were the weakest and folded in South Africa, and it is has become a nightmare living here. We hang on to hope wishing our country become as strong, crime free as it once was, there is no chance.

What will happen in America i wonder? Americans do not have the free speech as many think and the doors are closing. People need to wake up & learn from others misfortune and see what happens when we sit back and take slap after slap and never retaliate.

I do hope that Americans will stand up when it hits the fan. Remember, minority South Africans were outvoted, thanks to strength in numbers and sanctions. U.S.A do not have this problem...

I want every good soul to be seen as equal & cared for but my family still comes first.

Thanks, it was an epiphany I had a few weeks back and it was waiting around for the opportunity to come out.

Thank you for your contribution about your experiences in South Africa. From what I have seen, the races in America are not always as disparate as what I have seen there. Mind you that's not 100% true, just that there are many places, the south east of America ironically enough, where the races share common cultures now, although they still maintain their own "local cultures" there are common southern identifiers that cross races.

My favorite experience I ever had was in Bismarck North Dakota... I had Mongolian BBQ there and the as I thanked the Asian Chef who prepared it for me he smiled at me and said "That's what I like to do Don't ya know"... As if he just stepped out of the movie Fargo.

It blew me away because, as I mentioned, it was in complete contrast with my own prejudices and assumptions.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Agree

Here is the current epitome of bigotry in America. 4 Caucasians sitting around while one is calling the first African American President a racist. Fair and balanced indeed.
They harken back to days gone by with fond memories of Ozzie and Harriet. Unable to accept or embrace the true "Melting Pot" our great nation has become.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9fd8efd38360.jpg[/atsimg]

Oh and BTW, I'm a white male, born and raised in the South. My alcoholic Grandfather was a Grand Wizard in the Klan. I am proud of overcoming inherent family bigotry and embracing tolerance despite a checkered family past. Living to see President Obama elected is one of the high points in my life. No one can EVER deprive me of that.

DENY IGNORANCE / EMBRACE TOLERANCE

[edit on 8-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Oh and BTW, I'm a white male, born and raised in the South. My alcoholic Grandfather was a Grand Wizard in the Klan. I am proud of overcoming inherent family bigotry and embracing tolerancedespite a checkered family past. Living to see President Obama elected is one of the high points in my life. No one can EVER deprive me of that.

DENY IGNORANCE / EMBRACE TOLERANCE

If anyone is confused by the term "White Guilt" this should clear it up for you.

He admits he feels guilty about his families past and the election of Barack Obama lessons the feeling of guilt for him.

Very sad indeed.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by RRconservative]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join