It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glaciers melting faster than predicted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Glaciers a canary in the coal mine of global warming

CNN) -- U.S. scientists monitoring shrinking glaciers in Washington and Alaska reported this week that a major meltdown is under way.
The Gulcana glacier in Alaska is one of three glaciers considered a benchmark by the U.S. Geological Survey.

The Gulcana glacier in Alaska is one of three glaciers considered a benchmark by the U.S. Geological Survey.

A 50-year government study found that the world's glaciers are melting at a rapid and alarming rate. The ongoing study is the latest in a series of reports that found glaciers worldwide are melting faster than anyone had predicted they would just a few years ago. It offers a clear indication of an accelerating climate change and warming earth, according to the authors.

Link

[edit on 8-8-2009 by phi1618]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Well it seems like the global shift is speeding up. Although i personally dont agree with human caused global warming, this is is kinda hard to ignore. Better get working on building a raft.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I just tried finding it, but don't remember where I saw it; NASA has a world map of low lying areas they believe are prone to be flooded do to polar melt.

I can see polution, but I don't think the poles are melting due man made global warming. The entire Solar System is heating up.

IMO a pole shift is not that far off; I do not put to much weight into mainstream science; as it is weighted down by imo ' modern flatearther's'

S, and F

join