It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton: Israel will attack Iran by the end of 2009

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte

Originally posted by FSBlueApocalypse

That statement is completely and entirely different than this one:

Former US Ambassador to the UN, John Bolton, says a military strike against Iran will be the only way for Israel to shield itself, before Iran develops its nuclear weapons program.
(visit the link for the full news article)

He does not predict nor suggest an Israeli attack.

As usual the propaganda machine from Russia is in full operation.

Now I know where Press TV gets its propaganda ideals from.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican

Within the Middle East it is evident that something has to give eventually. There is no balance. The sooner the different countries and regimes work all of this out the better. Even if that means blasting each other into bits and pieces.

It is wise to not take a side in this matter. The wise decision would be to adopt the reasoning that whoever cares the most and whoever gives the most effort shall win and survive in the long run.

This is the only thing that I can deduce as a solution to the problem over there as well. It is sad that things will have to come to bloodshed. When that dam overflows, there are going to be rivers of blood with tributaries reaching out like violent tentacles all over the world. How sad.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
And to think that this situation would not even exist if the world was allowed to be diverse and not assimilated into one culture.

Bolton... what a warmongerer. Was he not a major player in the PNAC American nationalist think-tank group that figured it would be necessary to secretly attack his own country and people in the interest of American global supremacy? Along with Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, Jeb Bush, and even that pawn Libby?

If Bolton wants to so desperately attack Iran, then send him in there with a nuclear bomb strapped to his back to show how patriotic he really is to his cause, otherwise he should just shut his face and mind his own business instead of disrupting peace.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The strike may come from Israel, it may be an Israeli missile but you can bet that the intelligence behind the attack will come from America! The States will stay on the side lines so that the second coming of god, Barack Obama doesn't get even more dirt on his hands.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FSBlueApocalypse

The war drums are beating for an eventual attack on Iran. I've simply chalked this up to being inevitable. However, I believe the first strike will come from Israel rather than the United States. The US can't afford the political setbacks such an attack would bring.

An attack by Israel and an "successful" counter attack by Iran would be the leverage the US would need to launch their own invasion.

informationclearinghouse.info
(visit the link for the full news article)

Obama wouldn´t attack even if Iran had nukes. He hates Netanjahu and is going to betray Israel.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The idea of Israel attacking Iran does not make sense to me. Israel is surrounded by anti-semitic Islamic states which would annihilate it if it attacked Iran. No country, not even the USA, would openly support such an attack. Israel already has enough to contend with over Gaza, the Palestinians, and Hezbollah. They are heavily occupied in defending their own territory and are not in any position to openly and aggressively begin a military campaign against a powerful Islamic state.

I would be extremely surprised if Israel acted in this manner.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tommy Wylie

Well, you are right, sort of.

The sourrounding countries have gathers 3-5 strong and attacked Israel, a couple of times....

The each time got their collective rears kicked.

Believe me, Isreal is used to taking on many countries at once and winning.

[edit on 8/9/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It only takes a few nukes to ruin the rest of the world. When you look at the world map and look at the way the winds flow. Mostly its west to east. Various penisulas have different wind currents, but its mainly west to east wind flow. Most don't understand that there are many parts to a nuclear detonation. Most think its just the blast that does the worst effects. Wrong. You have the blast wave, gamma, Xrays, UV waves, electromagnetic Pulse, thermal waves, ground quakes, 300+ MPH winds and lets not forget that fun thing called HARD RADIATION. Which is picked up in the stratesphere and carried to all points of the globe. So when people say its ok to bomb whoever, I think you have no idea what your talking about. All nukes are really bad. It only takes a few to ruin the world for everyone else. Why only 2 have been used in anger.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tommy Wylie
The idea of Israel attacking Iran does not make sense to me. Israel is surrounded by anti-semitic Islamic states which would annihilate it if it attacked Iran. No country, not even the USA, would openly support such an attack. Israel already has enough to contend with over Gaza, the Palestinians, and Hezbollah. They are heavily occupied in defending their own territory and are not in any position to openly and aggressively begin a military campaign against a powerful Islamic state.

I would be extremely surprised if Israel acted in this manner.

Well lets correct a couple of things first there are only 2 countries near Israel that would even consider attacking them thats Lebanon and Syria.Israel could take on Iran Syria and Lebanon at the same time with little effort.In fact all ready has pans to do so if need be.Second if you haven't noticed Israel really doesn't care about world opinion much and as much as people would like to think right now doesn't care for the United States. they feel Obamma has made his disdain for Israel pretty clear.Bottom line Israel will do what it feels it needs to do to protect itself.They don't need anyone else to support them and quite frankly most of the western nations would love it if someone shut up AL Medina Jhad.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mekanic

yeah Mekanic just said it all! world is tired of being a hostage of 2 - 3 small and crazy desert nations which are even obsolete coming out from the very deep and dark past of the world history. the best would be they wipe out each other but without involving neither affecting the rest of the normal world or i suggest all those nations to be sent to mars where they will have an entire planet of desert where they may bomb each other eternally but please to leave the normal world alone!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Obama will not let anybody do anything to hus muslim people and he wil there for not support an attack on iRAN and will condem actions taken by Israel.

further more the involvement of iran in trying to influence youths in western world .. mostly EU will lead to civil unrest and terrorist attacks by muslim youths in mayor city's in Eu if iran is attackt

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Here is to hoping, hoping that the lives of British soldiers don't need to be lost in a conflict that is none of our business again. Here's to hoping we aren't participating in another Suez Crisis.

Here is to hoping this story is just another run of the mill fear mongers fiction fantasy.

Here is to hoping.

Let it be.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
But who am I kidding, only myself I suspect.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Bolton needs to be put down like a rabid dog...thats coming from someone against capital punishment.This man is the epitome of evil,it would be a stretch for me to even describe him as human.

you are not against capital punishment then

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join