It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton: Israel will attack Iran by the end of 2009

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well I will agree that the war drums are beating. I haven't seen a propaganda campaign this fierce since before Iraq.

Although I don't think the US wants to get involved. Notice how the FBI and CIA director have gone to Israel in order to plead with them to not attack as they could not stand behind them with the limited resources they have at the moment.

Israel will most likely attack Iran first, Iran has never invaded a country and they won't, simply because that isn't their intent. I only hope they do end up getting a Nuke so the rest of the world will leave them alone for once and they can flourish as a nation instead of being oppressed as they are.

The people of Iran diserve better than what they have. I agree that their present government is ridiculous, but that's all scheduled to change. The infighting and the civil unrest will reach a boiling point, just like it will in the US soon.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

John Bolton is one of America's best know and knowledgeable figures to give us a forecast about Israel's intentions. When Bolton speaks, America and the world listens. Eg. he presently works for an Israeli think tank.

He is saying that Israel cannot afford to have a nuclear Iran (valid argument). They must do something soon to stop Iran's nuclear intentions. Here are my thoughts:

-nuclear talks with Iran have proven to be a waste of time.
-troops attacking Iran nuclear facilities is too risky and costly.
-Obama (the gutless wonder) is not going to help Israel so they are pretty much on their own. They may call during the attack or right after or maybe not.
-Israel bombed Iraq's nuclear facility successfully stopping Iraq's nuclear program. No reason to believe Israel will not do the same to Iran.
-options for bombing are numerous, my guess they will attack several targets including Iran's heavy water plant and do some deep bunker busting.
-when the bombing starts it will not be obvious who participated. Possibly both the US and Israel will deny the attack.
- Iran will make a lot for threats and carry on loudly after the attack but will do nothing directly. They may increase their support and involvement with Hamas and Hezbollah.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Maybe the end of 2010.
Israel knows the truth.
First you need weapons grade uranium.
Then you need to put the uranium in a warhead.
Then you need to put the warhead on a missile and conduct a test.
As you can see, we have some time yet.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

8-Israel already has illegal nuclear weapons,mutliple attempts by the UN to search dimona have been been met with resistance...i guess illegal doesn't apply to Israel....

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpowerI only hope they do end up getting a Nuke so the rest of the world will leave them alone for once and they can flourish as a nation instead of being oppressed as they are.

Yeah. So that's what Iran needed all along, A Nuke to FREE the opressed people.

Lord have Mercy! /facepalm.jpg

Regime changed in Iran is the ONLY way to allow new, average men AND woman, to be able to run for elect in there districts and create a whole new set of laws set BY THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE.

The only way....

If Israel attacks Iran, Iran will launch all of their artillery at once at all specificed Iraqi/American bases, all American ships on the sea, Key Israeli bases and attempt to wipe out most all of Tel Aviv...

This will cause Israel, America AND Iraq to retaliate HARD. Destroying ALL palaces, major mosque for "suspected hideouts", military bases. They will be sent to the stone age... for sure. But not without a hefty price on civilian lives in all regions.

Yes, I did say Iraq would help. They are fully funded by the American Dollar. They armed them with all new equipment through various "oil for" programmes. + ALL American troops are on Stand By in Iraq...

Hell a war against Iran may even reunite all of the Iraqis and make people look past religious differences + the American presence.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by CanadianDream420]

[edit on 8-8-2009 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The thing is an Israeli attack will only DELAY the inevitable.Iran already has the technology.They would just rebuild.Of course WWIII would have started by then anyway,right?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by plumranch

8-Israel already has illegal nuclear weapons,mutliple attempts by the UN to search dimona have been been met with resistance...i guess illegal doesn't apply to Israel....

Please show me evidence, links and news, that Israel has illegal nuclear weapons, please.

Just because you say or think it does not make it so, so please provide sources.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

I do not agree with you at all. If Israel strikes Iran its not going to lob a few missiles in! Israel will wipe Iran totally clean in one strike with no chance of any further escalation at all. I believe they will pound all military and infrastructure so fast that Iran will be crippled.

I believe if Israel does attack it will be a tremendous attack not seen before in history. A total ass kicking would include a massive bombardment that will make Iran an instant wimp unable to do anything. Russia and China will only help rebuild the rubble.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Wormwood Squirm]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
If israel launches a first strike, China and Russia will give the Arab states a green light, and nukes if they don't already have them.

Russia and China have been waiting for a chance to step into the ring and show the world who the new boss is.

israel will strike, Russia and China will strike back, then call Obama and ask him what side he's on.

This may be the end of israel if they decide to take matters into their own hands.

God forbid another state gets nuclear weapons illegally like they did!

Ultimate hypocrit doublespeak israel strikes again!

I agree with this 100%, thou I doubt Obama will take sides, the US wont be able to afford another war right now.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Please show me evidence, links and news, that Israel has illegal nuclear weapons, please.

Just because you say or think it does not make it so, so please provide sources.

They do have nukes. Also, according to this it was expected Iraq would have them by 2020 as well. Notice the document is labeled as secret. Was publised in 1999.

Fissile material was supplied by France.

The actual size and composition of Israel's nuclear stockpile is uncertain and the subject of many - often conflicting - estimates and reports. It is widely reported that Israel had two bombs in 1967, and that Prime Minister Eshkol ordered them armed in Israel's first nuclear alert during the Six-Day War. It is also reported that, fearing defeat in the October 1973 Yom Kippur War, the Israelis assembled 13 twenty-kiloton atomic bombs.

By the late 1990s the U.S. Intelligence Community estimated that Israel possessed between 75-130 weapons, based on production estimates. The stockpile would certainly include warheads for mobile Jericho-1 and Jericho-2 missiles, as well as bombs for Israeli aircraft, and may include other tactical nuclear weapons of various types.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by crisko]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by maddogron

yes i bought and read that forecast too, and if that prediction of Israel attacking Iran comes tru and unleashes the radioactive "ash of death" its going to be really scary, i really hope that's one prediction that doesn't happen. All the predictions were bad but i feel at least the rest of them we can handle!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I say a big B.S.

One, Israel would give the actual details of any attack, time/method.... so the idiot Bolten can announce it to the world.

Israel always use's methods that are never expected.

It is the key to their many success's.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by crisko

You misunderstood me.

I wanted you to show that Israel's nukes are illegal as "YOU" claimed.

Providing links and sources, please.

I and the rest of the world is fully aware they have nuclear weapons, but it is on you to prove they are illegal and who declared them illegal.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
If Israel attacks Iran the US had best stay out of it or we could lose a city. Iran's friends would unleash a dirty bomb on Miami, DC, LA, who knows where. The Feds are searching for dirty bombs already. I fear any Israel/Iran conflict will go nuclear eventually whether by intent or by accident and fallout could travel on the jet stream. It would be smart to stock up on potassium iodide tablets

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch

John Bolton is one of America's best know and knowledgeable figures to give us a forecast about Israel's intentions. When Bolton speaks, America and the world listens. Eg. he presently works for an Israeli think tank.

He is saying that Israel cannot afford to have a nuclear Iran (valid argument). They must do something soon to stop Iran's nuclear intentions. Here are my thoughts:

-nuclear talks with Iran have proven to be a waste of time.
-troops attacking Iran nuclear facilities is too risky and costly.
-Obama (the gutless wonder) is not going to help Israel so they are pretty much on their own. They may call during the attack or right after or maybe not.
-Israel bombed Iraq's nuclear facility successfully stopping Iraq's nuclear program. No reason to believe Israel will not do the same to Iran.
-options for bombing are numerous, my guess they will attack several targets including Iran's heavy water plant and do some deep bunker busting.
-when the bombing starts it will not be obvious who participated. Possibly both the US and Israel will deny the attack.
- Iran will make a lot for threats and carry on loudly after the attack but will do nothing directly. They may increase their support and involvement with Hamas and Hezbollah.

Very good points. I personally agree that Iran won't do anything. They will probably say that none of their nuke sites were seriously damaged (maybe true) and that the bombs hit houses and an orphanage or two....no doubt with some footage of kids being pulled from rubble for extra effect. Then they'll claim Israel will pay the ultimate price one day and step up their nuclear program even more. Israel will claim they've set Iran back years and meanwhile hope that the US will do something about Iran for good at some point in the future. Nothing will have been achieved at all, other than setting any prospect of M.E. peace back even further; and that probably suits everybody, to be honest

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Well I will agree that the war drums are beating. I haven't seen a propaganda campaign this fierce since before Iraq.

Although I don't think the US wants to get involved. Notice how the FBI and CIA director have gone to Israel in order to plead with them to not attack as they could not stand behind them with the limited resources they have at the moment.

Israel will most likely attack Iran first, Iran has never invaded a country and they won't, simply because that isn't their intent. I only hope they do end up getting a Nuke so the rest of the world will leave them alone for once and they can flourish as a nation instead of being oppressed as they are.

The people of Iran diserve better than what they have. I agree that their present government is ridiculous, but that's all scheduled to change. The infighting and the civil unrest will reach a boiling point, just like it will in the US soon.

~Keeper

You cannot know the intentions of this Iranian regime.

You understand that if they achieve nuclear capability that the people who suffer the most will be ordinary Iranian's.

I suppose you also wish a collapsing regime to obtain nuclear weapons when the security of these nukes will be at risk.

With this regime spending all the oil money on themselves, then there's zero chance of Iran flourishing with this regime in power. A responsible govt. should spend this money on the economy and the people when this regime has gone.

You acknowledge Iran will eventually have a responsible govt. if the regime continues on its course of collapse, but building a nuke will not be in the interests of a responsible govt, and if the regime obtains one - it will cause more harm than good for everybody - including the regime!

The regime knows oppression, violence and little else. They are getting good at accelerating their own demise, and adding a nuke to the picture is another one of their mistakes which is leading to their demise and even accelerate it, and would end up taking many innocent lives with them.

It's highly likely that this regime will collapse entirely and the people of Iran can officially declare the Islamic republic dead, and a secular state can be formed before any nuclear weapons will be built. Although Israel may not wait, and they may end up being known as "the foolish people" after starting a war which needn't be fought. If humans call this World War 3 one day, then the survivors language will have a word - "Israel": that means "hasty & foolish". The word "Khamenei" will mean: "murderous psychopath" & "Ahmadinejad" will mean: "idiot/numpty/twit".

The unrest in Iran is on a slow burn which is increasing in temperature every single time people protest or say they may protest, or whenever a mullah speaks out against the regime, and whenever they commit further atrocities and kangaroo court trials. It's like a building whose foundations are crumbling due to immense pressure and heat.... it's slowly losing cohesion and girders fall whenever the regime makes the same repeated mistakes, and eventually it will collapse altogether.

I hope this does not happen in the US or in any other country. You don't have the same kind of oppression over there, and revolts would cause unnecessary pain and suffering. Please find another way to get the truth from your government.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

I never claimed anything, legal or otherwise. I misread your post, I thought you wanted proof they had nukes.

Lack of caffine and all that.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

The Palestinian conflict has nothing to do with Iran you are aware Iran is a country and not a territory. And I assure you Iran could care less about Palestinians plight they are a puppet against Israel nothing more. Kinda makes you feel sorry for the Palestinians it sucks being the pawn.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

I agree they will do the same thing Syria did when Israel bombed there nuclear weapons. First they denied it was a nuclear reactor then slipped up and condemned them attacking the reactor they supposedly didn't have. Then again reverse there decision and say they bombed an abandoned military base made there public feel better. But then Israel started showing all the proof they had that they were making plutonium and the whole thing quietly went away. I expect a similar outcome with Iran.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FSBlueApocalypse

Bolton: Israel will attack Iran by the end of 2009

That statement is completely and entirely different than this one:

Former US Ambassador to the UN, John Bolton, says a military strike against Iran will be the only way for Israel to shield itself, before Iran develops its nuclear weapons program.
(visit the link for the full news article)

He does not predict nor suggest an Israeli attack.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join