It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton: Israel will attack Iran by the end of 2009

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

informationclearinghouse.info

Former US Ambassador to the UN, John Bolton, says a military strike against Iran will be the only way for Israel to shield itself, before Iran develops its nuclear weapons program.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The war drums are beating for an eventual attack on Iran. I've simply chalked this up to being inevitable. However, I believe the first strike will come from Israel rather than the United States. The US can't afford the political setbacks such an attack would bring.

An attack by Israel and an "successful" counter attack by Iran would be the leverage the US would need to launch their own invasion.

informationclearinghouse.info
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

Now this is concerning.

Especially because the WH is trying to get Israel to "cool its jets".

Wow...

On the bright side, maybe a world war is what we need financially?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
so this is the `2009` attack one , we had last year , and all previous years since 2001 (and before ) so why not.....

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

What or who is we?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
well, according to the new Webbot prediction (halfpasthuman) states that Israel will attack Iran but the weapon will start something that will cause worldwide implications, the bunkbuster will hit something nuclear/bio facility unleashing a massive death wave. But it will begin while we are in the midst of our own misery... mandatory flu vaccinations/corruption of bailouts/economic meltdown. This was a very enlightening forecast
but it does indicate that there are several dates to look for.. august 22 = discovery of corruption in some sort of financial mess and November 4th = the meltdown of the dollar... I bought the forecast and have been amazed about the further destruction due to Isreal attacking Iran... BUT it is only a forecast...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

we are the world

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Within the Middle East it is evident that something has to give eventually. There is no balance. The sooner the different countries and regimes work all of this out the better. Even if that means blasting each other into bits and pieces.

It is wise to not take a side in this matter. The wise decision would be to adopt the reasoning that whoever cares the most and whoever gives the most effort shall win and survive in the long run.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FSBlueApocalypse

The war drums are beating for an eventual attack on Iran. I've simply chalked this up to being inevitable. However, I believe the first strike will come from Israel rather than the United States. The US can't afford the political setbacks such an attack would bring.

An attack by Israel and an "successful" counter attack by Iran would be the leverage the US would need to launch their own invasion.

Well first of all, no Israeli attack on Iran will fail to draw the US into the fray. Nearly every plane, every missile and every bomb in the Israeli aresenal has 'Made in USA' written on it somewhere. Iran will not fail to note that the F-16s and F-15s that fly over, were made and supplied by the US.

There is no real distinction that will manifest itself. An Israeli attack will be a proxy US attack. That's just the politics of the region... politics we had a fat hand in forming for the last 50 years or more.

Now, I won't say that Israel doesn't have just cause to conduct such an operation. If in fact I had a crazy neighbor who had sworn to burn my house down and murder my family, I would not be terribly inclined to sit around until he made good on his threat.

But that being said, I can't see that any amount of distancing would keep us out of it... if and/or when it happens.

No, that cup shall not pass.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well even if I'm not so keen on the idea of having a Iran with nuclear weapons, that's true! but Bolton is a twisted smurf & NeoCon Spin Master and should STFU really!

If I ever met Bolton I would say: Yippee Ki-Yay your warmongering MF - can't wait to see the bombs raining down on innocent women & children once again huh! - then I would throw rotten fish in his face

Naah! I'm just kidding! - I actually love Bolton, he's a role model for aspiring young necon bratz all around the world! - like myself

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Bolton needs to be put down like a rabid dog...thats coming from someone against capital punishment.This man is the epitome of evil,it would be a stretch for me to even describe him as human.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Ahhh...more lies from war mongering Bolton. The Pres. Of Iran never called 'repeatedly' for Israel to be wiped off the face of the earth. That is Bush era spin that sticks to this day. What he said, and he was speaking Farsi, was that he wondered what the world would be like if Israel didn't exist. Although it is a scary thought that Iran would have nuclear weapons it's just as scary knowing Isreal already has them. And the U.S.A. for that matter.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
If israel launches a first strike, China and Russia will give the Arab states a green light, and nukes if they don't already have them.

Russia and China have been waiting for a chance to step into the ring and show the world who the new boss is.

israel will strike, Russia and China will strike back, then call Obama and ask him what side he's on.

This may be the end of israel if they decide to take matters into their own hands.

God forbid another state gets nuclear weapons illegally like they did!

Ultimate hypocrit doublespeak israel strikes again!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

It doesn't matter that Iran notices Israelis flying American planes, as the Iranians also fly American planes.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Less talk, more action.

It is like to high school kids getting into a fight. They puch each other away, calling each other names, until a teacher comes to break them up.

Take a swing, or shut up and walk away.

[edit on 8/8/2009 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
Now, I won't say that Israel doesn't have just cause to conduct such an operation. If in fact I had a crazy neighbor who had sworn to burn my house down and murder my family, I would not be terribly inclined to sit around until he made good on his threat.

What about the bulldozers taking down Arab houses and schools on land that international law says is not theirs.

I wouldn't be terribly inclined to sit around until they made good on their plan to carry out genocide against your people.

We must remember why these people are willing to kill themselves just to hurt israel, it's not because they have been treated like kings...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

If international law says that your property is not yours, you are fine with it?

Edit: Both sides have their issues. It is not right to pin this on one or the other.

That is why I say just let them have at it and get done what needs to get done.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
That's cool. Two countries we don't really need anymore. Maybe if we get lucky, North Korea will jump in, and have a three-way nuke session, and make the world a better place.

Seriously, do it or shut up, I'm sick of the endless chest pumping.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by breakingdradles

If international law says that your property is not yours, you are fine with it?

Edit: Both sides have their issues. It is not right to pin this on one or the other.

On this we agree lemon.fresh.

Miracles do happen :-)

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Heh heh. There are some other things that you and I agree on, but they are few and far between.

We should not agree too often. Something about dividing by zero and back holes and stuff . . .

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join