It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Town Hall Mob

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

The Town Hall Mob

www.nytimes.com

But they're probably reacting less to what Mr. Obama is doing, or even to what they've heard about what he's doing, than to who he is.

That is, the driving force behind the town hall mobs is probably the same cultural and racial anxiety that's behind the "birther" movement, which denies Mr. Obama's citizenship. Senator Dick Durbin has suggested that the birthers and the health care protesters are one and the same; we don't know how many of the protesters are birthers, but it wouldn't be surprisd
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Wimbly]

Mod Edit: Altered thread title to reflect actual article headline.
Please review link: Breaking Alternative News guidelines Also, please refrain from sensationalizing a headline.

[edit on 8/8/2009 by maria_stardust]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It looks like this is going to be the popular mantra to deal with Obama's critics,over the next 4 years. Its quite sad to see the post racial president preside over one of the most racist 6 months I've ever seen. The way the media is demonizing people in order to run cover for Obama is disturbing to say the least.

Just a warning to anyone who might have taken this guy seriously in the past. Hes an Obama shill through and through. To the point of attacking his own fellow citizens to cover for him.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The rascism card has become a good indicator of the level of intellectual dishonesty by the left.

If they cannot form rational arguement against the opposers they throw the race card.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The alegations of racism are beyond stupid, but easy to understand under the light of neurolinguistic programming.

But they don't hold up to reality. One, Obama is hardly black, he is (very) mixed blood, so the racial focus is mitigated. Two, the people are mad not because of racial issue but because of corruption and missrepresentation from the whole government crowd, regardless of gender and race. Three, racism is dieing, people are coming together, both in cultural and sexual venues, in one of the few positive trends of globalism.

So they can cry racism all they want, the manipulative crooks are still coming down.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mindmelding

Even though Obama is mixed, why do we keep calling him our first African American President?

Keeping in mind that the majority of his vote came from the educated, I think it's fair to say that the uneducated (those who didn't vote for him) will not catch the nuance you have pointed out.

Also the folks from prior generations who have been raised to see all black folks as less than human. They probably will glance right over this distinction as well...

[edit on 8-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Yes, ignore groundless allegations and see them for the evasive straw-man tactics they truly are.

The charges of 'racism' conveniently ignore the black american attacked by Union thugs yesterday. Or by 'racist union thugs' as his lawyer called them in a somewhat ironic twist.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clark Savage Jr.
Yes, ignore groundless allegations and see them for the evasive straw-man tactics they truly are.

The charges of 'racism' conveniently ignore the black american attacked by Union thugs yesterday. Or by 'racist union thugs' as his lawyer called them in a somewhat ironic twist.

Yeah... like there weren't black folks fighting for the confederacy during the civil war.

Ok...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Ah. I expected Obama to slowly and gradually become 'less black' as his poll numbers began to slip. I expect by the end of his term he will hardly be considered 'black' at all, in fact.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Ah. I expected Obama to slowly and gradually become 'less black' as his poll numbers began to slip. I expect by the end of his term he will hardly be considered 'black' at all, in fact.

Keep in mind that was according to mindmeld.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I have no idea who or what mindmeld is.

As a black american I have said it from the start. A president elected by the pop-culturally impressionable and white apologists will ONLY be considered 'african american' as long as he is doing favorably.

I expect a hair straightening is coming.

On topic, as I stated, it's best to ignore these mock charges of racism. I can assure you the black conservative voice is going to dispel that notion soon enough.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Clark Savage Jr.]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Clark Savage Jr.

I have wondered how Obama was bi-racial during the elections and black once he got in office. Call me crazy, but I think the looks darker now that he did last year on the campaign trail.

I am not racist in any way, shape or form, but I hate the way people start using the race card. The racist card gets played just like threats are made, because they don't like being questioned or backed into a corner with no good anwers.

The democrats want to call anyone protesting a racist because they are questioning the president and his ideas because of the color of is skin, not because the democrats don't like it. Heck, how will Pelosi answer the question: The man beaten up in St. Louis was black and he was there handing out Don't Tread on Me flags. Why'd they beat him up? Calling protesters racist is immature and low.

I got news for those wanting to call the opposition to the health care plan racists...there are people of all colors and backgrounds opposing it.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I have no idea who or what mindmeld is.

As a black american I have said it from the start. A president elected by the pop-culturally impressionable and white apologists will ONLY be considered 'african american' as long as he is doing favorably.

I expect a hair straightening is coming.

On topic, as I stated, it's best to ignore these mock charges of racism. I can assure you the black conservative voice is going to dispel that notion soon enough.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Clark Savage Jr.]

Only if the black conservative voice is more than the ignorant emotional response already coming from the conservative right wing.

Maybe the black conservatives can bring some sanity back to the republican party. I might join back up again. I removed myself from the republican party when it became a pandering voice to fanatical evangelicals.

Long ago, it used to stand for something... But they let Bush & Co completely ruin it.

Let's hope the black conservatives can counter this.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

The racial issue is always brought up as missdirection, to keep people focused away from the real issues, monetary policy and private FED; massive corruption in all branches of government, even the military; Fascism; Eugenics; Elitism; Healthcare as death culture; GMO's; and so on.

The time you waste talking about race takes away from the real issues, as is intended. I tried to pull you out of it, but you guys insist on going back to it, wasting time and energy.

Obama's race(s) dosen't matter.

top topics

join