It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I'm Tired of People Opposed to Health Care Reform

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
you're talking about changing a whole healthcare system for less then 20 million people. This statement is clearly emotionally driven as the senators don't even know what is in the bill so how can they educate the public? The public has done a better job reading this tryanny junk. This bill does not tackle the real problems such as tort reform of the ability for private insurance to sell their policies nationwide. Right now they must adapt each policy to the states laws which causes prices to go up. One policy in new york can cost $500 while the same exact policy in north carolina costs $100.

I am getting sick of this crap. Take your nazi beliefs somewhere else. Please show me one person in this country that has died because they were refused healthcare? SHOW ME ONE? Tell your little friend to go burry herself in NPR because that is all the crap she is spewing.

you F'n degenerate bums.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JustAThought

your reality is delusional. You're provided facts and you can't even let them in your little narrow minded brain because you have been BRAINWASHED.

Let me tell you something, TV is not god.

PG 22 MANDATES the Government will audit books of ALL EMPLOYERS that self insure!!

PG 24 Line 116 Government effectively sets prices for ALL private health plans.

PG 30 Line 123 THERE WILL BE A Government COMMITTEE that decides what treatments/benefits you get.

PG 37 Line 132 The Government will be reviewing grievances about themselves and will decide on appeals for rejected claims.

PG 29 Line 4-16 YOUR HEALTHCARE IS RATIONED!!! Additionally you can reference PG 15 Line 19-25.

PG 42 The Health Choices Commissioner will choose your HealthCare Benefits for you. You have no choice!

PG 50 Line 152 HealthCare will be provided to ALL non US citizens, illegal or otherwise.

PG 58 Government will have real-time access to individuals’ finances & a National ID HealthCare Card will be issued!

PG 59 Line 21-24 Government will have direct access to your banks accounts for electronic funds transfer!

PG 61 Line 22-24 Congress has no clue what Electronic Medical Records will cost. Asks for estimate.

PG 62 Protection of Data, Government shows they will have database of your personal & financial info.

PG64 L 21-25, pg65 L 1-5 which refers to processing payment transactions by financial institutions

PG 65 Line 164 is a payoff subsidized plan for retirees and their families in Unions & community organizations (ACORN).

PG 72 Line 8-14 Government is creating an HealthCare Exchange to bring private HealthCare plans under Government control.

PG 84 Line 203 Government mandates ALL benefit packages for private. HealthCare plans in the Exchange.

PG 85 Line 7 Specs for of Benefit Levels for Plans = The Government will ration your HealthCare! #AARP members your Health care Will be rationed.

PG 89 Line 6-10 The FAR is not applicable. Government can write contracts any way they want.

PG 95 Line 8-18 The Gov. will use groups i.e., ACORN & Americorps to sign up individuals for Government HealthCare plan.

PG 98 Line 8 Americans - You will be paying for others HealthCare while paying for your own.

PG 100 Line 15-19 The Government Will be using ACORN and other community groups to promote & enroll.

PG 102 Line 12-18 Medicaid Eligible Individual will be automatically enrolled in Medicaid. No choice.

PG 109 Line 207 Health Trust Fund. The Government will raise taxes on EVERYONE to fund HealthCare as they see fit.

PG 110 Line 7-12 Employment taxes on ALL employers NOT offering Government HealthCare. No choice.

PG 110 Line 13-18 An excise tax on ALL goods from companies not offering Government HealthCare. ALL Americans pay.

PG 110 Line 19-24 the Treasury can take $$ from Soc Line to pay HealthCare.

PG 111 Line 208 The Federal Government will usurp all State powers in State Based HealthCare Exchange. Violation of 10th Amendment.

PG 119 Line 1-3 establish geographically-adjusted premium rates for public option Can you say ACORN census? PG 121Line 223 PAYMENT RATES FOR ITEMS AND SERVICES. Can you say Government price fixing & monopoly?

PG 124 Line 24-25 No company can sue Government on price fixing. No “judicial review” against Government Monopoly.

PG 126 Line 10-15 The Government can make up prices for anything at anytime for any reason.

PG 126 Line 22-25 Employers MUST pay for HealthCare for part time employees AND their families.

PG 127 Line 1-16 Doctors: The Government will tell YOU what you can make.

G 129 The public option will be subsidized. Credits = your tax dollars. Redistribution of wealth.

PG 130 Line 10-23 Federal Government will subsidize State Medicaid = Even Higher State & Federal taxes for ALL.

PG 145 Line 15-17 An Employer MUST auto enroll employees into public option plan. NO CHOICE.

PG 149 Line 16-24 ANY Employer with payroll 400k & above who does not provide public option pays 8% tax on allpayroll.

PG 150 Line 9-13 Biz with payroll btw 251k & 400k who doesn’t provide public option pays 2-6% tax on all payroll.

PG 151 Line 1-3 Aggregate Rules-tax on employers payroll not on public option include payroll of other biz.

PG 167 Line 18-23 ANY individual who doesn’t have acceptable HealthCare according to Government will be taxed 2.5% of inc.

G 170 Line 1-3 Any NONRESIDENT Alien is exempt from individual taxes. (Americans will pay)

PG 195 officers & employees of HealthCare Administration (Government) will have access to ALL Americans financial/personal records.

PG 198 Line 1-3 1.5% ADDITIONAL TAX on peeps who have

income of 500k to 1mil. Redistribution of Wealth.

PG 198 Line 4-6 5.4% ADDITIONAL TAX on peeps who have income of 1mil+. Redistribution of Wealth

PG 199 Line 1-4 Surtax rates on raised AGAIN on Americans in 2012.

they see fit to show savings. (Cooking the books)

PG 203 Line 14-15 “The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax” Yes, it says that.

PG 202-215 is a Government rewrite of the tax code ensuring more taxes for EVERYONE, Everywhere.

PG 239 Line 14-24 Government will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors, low income, poor affected.

PG 241 Line 6-8 Doctors, doesn’t matter what specialty you have, you’ll all be paid the same.

PG236 L22-25, 237 L1-3 National rate of uninsured defined by Census. Can you say ACORN corruption?

PG 239 Line 10-12 Medicare DSH payments will be increased. Can you say even higher taxes for all?

G 238-249 Line 1121 Doctors-Government mandates your growth, costs, value, services, & income. Welcome to rationing

PG 253 Line 10-18 Government sets value of Dr’s time, prof judg, etc. Literally value of humans. We’re next.

PG 260 Line 1125 Fed Government will adjust Medicare Payment Localities for California based on Census. ACORN?

PG 265 Line 1131 Government mandates & controls productivity for private HealthCare industries.

PG 268 Line 1141 Fed Government regulates rental & purchase of power driven wheelchairs.

PG 270 Line 1144 Government Mandates that all private ambulatory surgical centers submit cost data & other data

PG 272 Line 1145 TREATMENT OF CERTAIN CANCER HOSPITALS – Cancer patients – welcome to rationing!

PG 276 Line 3-20 Oxygen Equipment & Supply Companies - Government MANDATES you will provide supplies NO MATTER where individual is.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by js331975

The most commonly asked question towards those opposed to the health care plan is "Why are you aganist it so badly?".

Reason One: Everything that the government has tryed to do has failed, so why would I be on board for a health care plan that is run by the government when they cannot run a country? For instance, The "cash for clunkers" program...They can't even run that program correctly.

Reason Two: There is no sure reason to believe that once we get on this health care plan that we will get the proper coverage we need. I'm sorry, But obamas word is NOT enough. After years of government lies, I'm not ready to believe the government.

Reason Three: It will make the government more larger and more powerful. I believe this country should have a small government so that power hungary people like obama don't have control over the people.

There are much more reasons that i can list but i am running out room.
We cannot let the government control our health and our lives.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

The thing that you do not understand, is that these town hall meetings are not designed to encourage public debate or understanding. They are designed to sell the program, to get us to buy their garbage and their lies. They don't WANT public debate. They don't WANT the public to understand what they are doing. And they are pissed off because we stinkin DO understand, and we are giving them our vote of NONCONFIDENCE/INCOMPETENCE! They think the conservatives are so dumb because we don't buy into Communism? What kind of reps are they? They are NOT our representatives. They are on their way OUT. THAT is why they are upset. Because we didn't just role over and die.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
So now I get attacked, because I'm a tattooist, in a healthcare reform post. I'm not a contributing member of society because I don't punch a time clock and put cogs together or whatever the hell it is you do. I was in the navy for 10 years, I've served my country, and if you don't like what I do for a living I'd be happy to discuss it with you at my tattoo studio. u2u me for the adress.

Stick to the issues. Jesus this is like arguing with a squirrel.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Twilly

Bottom line. Medicare is bankrupt, Medicaid is bankrupt, Social Security is bankrupt. What makes you think the Government can do Healthcare better than it is being done now?

I dont think so.

Exactaly!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
After reading just part of the crazed Christian rights comments to this post I have to agree they are all idiots.

Before this century I could afford to go to the Doctor and the hospital. My insurance company covered enough of the cost that it was nearly affordable, not quite but enough that I could take care of my health.

I cant anymore. I have health insurance and pay out my butt for it but I cant afford to go to the Doctor of the ER. My blood pressure is 170/100, I am a Firefighter/EMT and I cant afford it.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by LoneGunMan]

I agree, what we need in America is "Insurance Reform."
The "Health Care Reform" Bill(s) that is being proposed by the current Administration is Not good for anyone.
Original Bill
HR 3200
thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.3200:

House version
Amendment in the Nature of a Substitute - Agreed to, as amended, by a voice vote
energycommerce.house.gov...:hr-3200-americas-affordable-health-choices-act-of-2009-markup-day-5& catid=141:full-committee&Itemid=85

Both bills will go before the Committee to work out opposing items, and then voted on. At this point no one knows what the final bill will look like. But if you read them both, at least you will have a Better Idea of what they actually say.
I Beg you Please read them.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Mind
Reason One: Everything that the government has tryed to do has failed, so why would I be on board for a health care plan that is run by the government when they cannot run a country? For instance, The "cash for clunkers" program...They can't even run that program correctly.

VA

FDNY

roads, the post office, etc. Tell me how bad the VA is run by the government.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by epete22

Ugh.... Another "Copy and Paste" drone... This is all from a conservative website! It's inflammatory, and it's a bunch of spin, barely based on any reality of the bill.

epete, if your going to plagiarize, have the good sense to at least include your source.

Here's another novel idea... How bout you read the thing for yourself instead of just copying a bunch of crap from a website. You might actually learn something.

You have some nerve accusing people of being brainwashed AT THE EXACT SAME TIME as you're reciting false interpretations that WERE WRITTEN FOR YOU by your republican masters. Real sharp.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iseekthetruth!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Twilly

Bottom line. Medicare is bankrupt, Medicaid is bankrupt, Social Security is bankrupt. What makes you think the Government can do Healthcare better than it is being done now?

I dont think so.

Exactaly!

Ummm, no?

Social Security is almost 70 years old and faces insolvency in about 2037. Plenty of time to do something about it, and nowhere near bankrupt.

Medicare is about 45 years old and faces insolvency at around 2017. Again, still a ways away.

I SURE HOPE the government does what it did with Social Security and Medicare! Shoooot. Close to 100 years before Social Security goes bankrupt if the government doesn't do anything. That's pretty damn successful.

And 50 years or so for Medicare? Sort of makes the case FOR government intervention doesn't it?

And this is all assuming that there's no intervention on these! That's highly unlikely. These programs will not be allowed to perish, count on that.

No "bottom line" there, my friend. Just plain wrong.

Do your homework.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by tommy_boy]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gregarious
reply to post by amazing

The thing that you do not understand, is that these town hall meetings are not designed to encourage public debate or understanding. They are designed to sell the program, to get us to buy their garbage and their lies. They don't WANT public debate. They don't WANT the public to understand what they are doing. And they are pissed off because we stinkin DO understand, and we are giving them our vote of NONCONFIDENCE/INCOMPETENCE! They think the conservatives are so dumb because we don't buy into Communism? What kind of reps are they? They are NOT our representatives. They are on their way OUT. THAT is why they are upset. Because we didn't just role over and die.

Whose talking about communism? That's how I know these townhall screamers are either organized by CPR and other rightwing groups, or just drones that listen to soundbites by their heroes like Rush Limbaugh, and then react. Because of silly commentary like this.

95% of the people that are opposing healthcare reform have NO IDEA what they're opposing. Believe that! And it's not difficult to see that when you see the clips of these meetings. It's one loony scare tactic after another.

"Your gonna kill grandma!"

"No Death Panels!"

"Your a Nazi!"

"I'm here fighting for my Liberty"... What? No one's invading New Hampshire, calm down.

"I believe in the constitution!" umm ok. Not relevant to the discussion, but OK.

"Read the bill!!" When THEY haven't even read the friggin bill!

"I don't want some government bureaucrat standing between me and my doctor!!!!" haha! but a health insurance bean counter's ok, right? LOL! YEP! That's the healthcare the 80%+ of the American people supposedly LOVE! Care that gets ripped out from under you when you get real sick and you sway the insurers cost-benefit analysis. Care that requires YOU to first pay monthly premiums for the PRIVILEGE to then have to PAY for the first couple hundred or thousand dollars in care (through a swindle called a "Deductible"). Care that is ACTUALLY structured in such a way that forces you to get service FIRST without a 100% guarantee that the insurance company will actually pay, so that people make money on your illness regardless of whether the insurer will end up paying it, or if YOU will get slammed with thousands of dollars in debt.

A system that is, for all intents and purposes, a secret monopoly with no real competition across these companies.

Yep, that's the care we love! Come on...

"I'm afraid for my country! I fear where it's going! You're mortgaging our kids future!" Really? Because of a friggin public option? Because of pre-existing condition rules? Man! I fear what you'd do if a President spent billions and billions on 2 wars of choice, thousands of American servicemen deaths and..... oh wait... that already happened didn't it
Come on, righties! Where were you then, when your children's future was being mortgaged then!

All of you spouting this stuff, I pray, will wake up one day, see yourself on TV, and finally see how ridiculous this all is.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by tommy_boy]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by epete22
reply to post by JustAThought

your reality is delusional. You're provided facts and you can't even let them in your little narrow minded brain because you have been BRAINWASHED.

Let me tell you something, TV is not god.

PG 22 MANDATES the Government will audit books of ALL EMPLOYERS that self insure!!

PG 24 Line 116 Government effectively sets prices for ALL private health plans.

PG 30 Line 123 THERE WILL BE A Government COMMITTEE that decides what treatments/benefits you get.

PG 37 Line 132 The Government will be reviewing grievances about themselves and will decide on appeals for rejected claims.

PG 29 Line 4-16 YOUR HEALTHCARE IS RATIONED!!! Additionally you can reference PG 15 Line 19-25.

PG 42 The Health Choices Commissioner will choose your HealthCare Benefits for you. You have no choice!

PG 50 Line 152 HealthCare will be provided to ALL non US citizens, illegal or otherwise.

PG 58 Government will have real-time access to individuals’ finances & a National ID HealthCare Card will be issued!

PG 59 Line 21-24 Government will have direct access to your banks accounts for electronic funds transfer!

PG 61 Line 22-24 Congress has no clue what Electronic Medical Records will cost. Asks for estimate.

PG 62 Protection of Data, Government shows they will have database of your personal & financial info.

PG64 L 21-25, pg65 L 1-5 which refers to processing payment transactions by financial institutions

PG 65 Line 164 is a payoff subsidized plan for retirees and their families in Unions & community organizations (ACORN).

PG 72 Line 8-14 Government is creating an HealthCare Exchange to bring private HealthCare plans under Government control.

PG 84 Line 203 Government mandates ALL benefit packages for private. HealthCare plans in the Exchange.

PG 85 Line 7 Specs for of Benefit Levels for Plans = The Government will ration your HealthCare! #AARP members your Health care Will be rationed.

PG 89 Line 6-10 The FAR is not applicable. Government can write contracts any way they want.

PG 95 Line 8-18 The Gov. will use groups i.e., ACORN & Americorps to sign up individuals for Government HealthCare plan.

PG 98 Line 8 Americans - You will be paying for others HealthCare while paying for your own.

PG 100 Line 15-19 The Government Will be using ACORN and other community groups to promote & enroll.

PG 102 Line 12-18 Medicaid Eligible Individual will be automatically enrolled in Medicaid. No choice.

PG 109 Line 207 Health Trust Fund. The Government will raise taxes on EVERYONE to fund HealthCare as they see fit.

PG 110 Line 7-12 Employment taxes on ALL employers NOT offering Government HealthCare. No choice.

PG 110 Line 13-18 An excise tax on ALL goods from companies not offering Government HealthCare. ALL Americans pay.

PG 110 Line 19-24 the Treasury can take $$ from Soc Line to pay HealthCare.

PG 111 Line 208 The Federal Government will usurp all State powers in State Based HealthCare Exchange. Violation of 10th Amendment.

PG 119 Line 1-3 establish geographically-adjusted premium rates for public option Can you say ACORN census? PG 121Line 223 PAYMENT RATES FOR ITEMS AND SERVICES. Can you say Government price fixing & monopoly?

PG 124 Line 24-25 No company can sue Government on price fixing. No “judicial review” against Government Monopoly.

PG 126 Line 10-15 The Government can make up prices for anything at anytime for any reason.

PG 126 Line 22-25 Employers MUST pay for HealthCare for part time employees AND their families.

PG 127 Line 1-16 Doctors: The Government will tell YOU what you can make.

G 129 The public option will be subsidized. Credits = your tax dollars. Redistribution of wealth.

PG 130 Line 10-23 Federal Government will subsidize State Medicaid = Even Higher State & Federal taxes for ALL.

PG 145 Line 15-17 An Employer MUST auto enroll employees into public option plan. NO CHOICE.

PG 149 Line 16-24 ANY Employer with payroll 400k & above who does not provide public option pays 8% tax on allpayroll.

PG 150 Line 9-13 Biz with payroll btw 251k & 400k who doesn’t provide public option pays 2-6% tax on all payroll.

PG 151 Line 1-3 Aggregate Rules-tax on employers payroll not on public option include payroll of other biz.

PG 167 Line 18-23 ANY individual who doesn’t have acceptable HealthCare according to Government will be taxed 2.5% of inc.

G 170 Line 1-3 Any NONRESIDENT Alien is exempt from individual taxes. (Americans will pay)

PG 195 officers & employees of HealthCare Administration (Government) will have access to ALL Americans financial/personal records.

PG 198 Line 1-3 1.5% ADDITIONAL TAX on peeps who have

income of 500k to 1mil. Redistribution of Wealth.

PG 198 Line 4-6 5.4% ADDITIONAL TAX on peeps who have income of 1mil+. Redistribution of Wealth

PG 199 Line 1-4 Surtax rates on raised AGAIN on Americans in 2012.

they see fit to show savings. (Cooking the books)

PG 203 Line 14-15 “The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax” Yes, it says that.

PG 202-215 is a Government rewrite of the tax code ensuring more taxes for EVERYONE, Everywhere.

PG 239 Line 14-24 Government will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors, low income, poor affected.

PG 241 Line 6-8 Doctors, doesn’t matter what specialty you have, you’ll all be paid the same.

PG236 L22-25, 237 L1-3 National rate of uninsured defined by Census. Can you say ACORN corruption?

PG 239 Line 10-12 Medicare DSH payments will be increased. Can you say even higher taxes for all?

G 238-249 Line 1121 Doctors-Government mandates your growth, costs, value, services, & income. Welcome to rationing

PG 253 Line 10-18 Government sets value of Dr’s time, prof judg, etc. Literally value of humans. We’re next.

PG 260 Line 1125 Fed Government will adjust Medicare Payment Localities for California based on Census. ACORN?

PG 265 Line 1131 Government mandates & controls productivity for private HealthCare industries.

PG 268 Line 1141 Fed Government regulates rental & purchase of power driven wheelchairs.

PG 270 Line 1144 Government Mandates that all private ambulatory surgical centers submit cost data & other data

PG 272 Line 1145 TREATMENT OF CERTAIN CANCER HOSPITALS – Cancer patients – welcome to rationing!

PG 276 Line 3-20 Oxygen Equipment & Supply Companies - Government MANDATES you will provide supplies NO MATTER where individual is.

DID you read this???

and Did a twelth years old write it?

pg 466 - doctors will inject bleach into your arm

pg 599- you will be forced to eat rancid beef for fun

I mean christ this is turd, the lot of you are shills for the industry

Why do I have to pay for a CEO?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Pg 607 - Bill Clinton will be crowned King of the America's, and Al Gore will go door to door and shut your lights off if he sees them on, and smack you with a ruler. Ohh and in fine print, you will be re-registered as a socialist.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violet Sky
OP, thank you for your well thought out words.

With all the anger going around, it is difficult for many to sit and think abou this a bit more, rather than jumping on some preprescribed platform.

I wish I can copy and post your worlds on some other forums that have gone wacko lately and will not listen to reason.

I, for one, am tired of paying 500 dollars a month for insurance that doesn't cover very much. I had to have surgery this year and it set me back 20k out of pocket - and that's AFTER my insurance payed it's measley percentage. It had me thinking - what the hell am I paying 500 dollars a month for if they don't cover me?

Insurance companies are not for our benefit, it is all about their profit.

Anything that can put a curb on them is alright by me.

500 per month, 6000 per year, 300,000 over a working life hmmmm. Surely that would have paid for your surgery, after all how many times does the average person have surgery?

Take 50 people as a group each paying 500 per month and surely the total average health costs (including accidents) doesn't come to 300,000 does it? See it does no pass the common sense test and thus you know that the US health/insurance industry is bleeding its citizens dry. (Ok lets adjust that 50 to 30 and 180000 per year with 20 children/aged citizens being supported, the numbers still don't add up)

Take any multi billion industry, propose a change which will move that wealth from the few who hold it to everybody and you are guaranteed to get opposition, lies, dirty tricks, reds under the bed crap. What is very very sad is that people who would benefit from these monetary change allow themselves to be conned by the lies of the rich self interested few.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Well, the insurance isn't the problem that people are currently talking about. Health care is.

Doctors prefer it when you pay out of pocket. They get money directly instead of having to go through insurance groups.

You experienced great health care, did you not? What about that needs to be reformed? No, it's the health insurance that is the problem.

What the government wants to give you is health insurance.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by eightonefive
So now I get attacked, because I'm a tattooist, in a healthcare reform post. I'm not a contributing member of society because I don't punch a time clock and put cogs together or whatever the hell it is you do. I was in the navy for 10 years, I've served my country, and if you don't like what I do for a living I'd be happy to discuss it with you at my tattoo studio. u2u me for the adress.

Stick to the issues. Jesus this is like arguing with a squirrel.

exactly with liberals. or i should say democrats , they just love to attack people personally if they can not come up with a valid argument to oppose the conservative view of the facts.
of course politicians will do or say anything to get elected but the dems go crazy overboard at the expense of this country, like pelosi(that Antichrist), saying 3 years ago that she loves people who protest and agitate and express there views by any means, but now since they are all republicans doing it, against the democratic takeovers she calls of them uniformed blind and UN-American she makes me sick to my stomach . if all dems are like pelosi we wont be a country any longer we will be a corporation

one final thought even if these bills pass they will not take effect until 2013, so i ask what is with the rush to get it done? is it because the dems control both house and senate and they know they will not have both in 2010 ? if that's the case then all this b.s about bi-partisanship is just to look good in the press.

they ram these 1000 page bills down republicans throat trying to pass them in 2 weeks then complain that the republicans are not offering any other solution's than the dem plan saying there siting are there hands only voting against it because they hate dems or there racist because a black man is pres. if you didn't ram the bills down peoples throat, and give them time to have a counter proposal drawn up they will, but 2 weeks to look over a thousand page bill and have another bill to propose is pure asinine if u think its possible

there's many studies done that say conservatives are 2 to3 times more likely to open minded and willing to listen to opposing view points than liberals

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommy_boy
reply to post by epete22

Ugh.... Another "Copy and Paste" drone... This is all from a conservative website! It's inflammatory, and it's a bunch of spin, barely based on any reality of the bill.

epete, if your going to plagiarize, have the good sense to at least include your source.

Here's another novel idea... How bout you read the thing for yourself instead of just copying a bunch of crap from a website. You might actually learn something.

You have some nerve accusing people of being brainwashed AT THE EXACT SAME TIME as you're reciting false interpretations that WERE WRITTEN FOR YOU by your republican masters. Real sharp.

Here is some more copy and paste information.
HR3200

pg. 109
SEC. 207. HEALTH INSURANCE EXCHANGE TRUST FUND.
Pg.110
1 (A) TAXES ON INDIVIDUALS NOT OBTAIN
2 ING ACCEPTABLE COVERAGE.—The amounts re
3 ceived in the Treasury under section 59B of the
4 Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (relating to re
5 quirement of health insurance coverage for indi
6 viduals).
SEC. 59B. TAX ON INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT ACCEPTABLE HEALTH CARE COVERAGE.
2. `(a) Tax Imposed- In the case of any individual who does not meet the requirements of subsection (d) at any time during the taxable year, there is hereby imposed a tax equal to 2.5 percent of the excess of--
`(1) the taxpayer's modified adjusted gross income for the taxable year,
`(c) Exceptions-
1. `(1) DEPENDENTS- Subsection (a) shall not apply to any individual for any taxable year if a deduction is allowable under section 151 with respect to such individual to another taxpayer for any taxable year beginning in the same calendar year as such taxable year.
`(2) NONRESIDENT ALIENS- Subsection (a) shall not apply to any individual who is a nonresident alien.
`(3) INDIVIDUALS RESIDING OUTSIDE UNITED STATES- Any qualified individual (as defined in section 911(d)) (and any qualifying child residing with such individual) shall be treated for purposes of this section as covered by acceptable coverage during the period described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of section 911(d)(1), whichever is applicable.
`(4) INDIVIDUALS RESIDING IN POSSESSIONS OF THE UNITED STATES- Any individual who is a bona fide resident of any possession of the United States (as determined under section 937(a)) for any taxable year (and any qualifying child residing with such individual) shall be treated for purposes of this section as covered by acceptable coverage during such taxable year.
7 (B) EMPLOYMENT TAXES ON EMPLOYERS
8 NOT PROVIDING ACCEPTABLE COVERAGE.—The
9 amounts received in the Treasury under section
10 3111(c) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986
11 (relating to employers electing to not provide
12 health benefits).
I give up on this one everything I found didn’t seem to relate to anything that would make sense here.
13 (C) EXCISE TAX ON FAILURES TO MEET
14 CERTAIN HEALTH COVERAGE REQUIRE
15 MENTS.—The amounts received in the Treasury
16 under section 4980H(b) (relating to excise tax
17 with respect to failure to meet health coverage
18 participation requirements).

I tried to find the IRC sections referred to but could not find 3111 ( c )
4980H(b)
`(b) Excise Tax With Respect to Failure To Meet Health Coverage Participation Requirements-
`(1) IN GENERAL- In the case of any employer who fails (during any period with respect to which the election under subsection (a) is in effect) to satisfy the health coverage participation requirements with respect to any employee to whom such election applies, there is hereby imposed on each such failure with respect to each such employee a tax of $100 for each day in the period beginning on the date such failure first occurs and ending on the date such failure is corrected.
`(2) LIMITATIONS ON AMOUNT OF TAX-
`(A) TAX NOT TO APPLY WHERE FAILURE NOT DISCOVERED EXERCISING REASONABLE DILIGENCE- No tax shall be imposed by paragraph (1) on any failure during any period for which it is established to the satisfaction of the Secretary that the employer neither knew, nor exercising reasonable diligence would have known, that such failure existed.
`(B) TAX NOT TO APPLY TO FAILURES CORRECTED WITHIN 30 DAYS- No tax shall be imposed by paragraph (1) on any failure if--
`(i) such failure was due to reasonable cause and not to willful neglect, and
`(ii) such failure is corrected during the 30-day period beginning on the 1st date that the employer knew, or exercising reasonable diligence would have known, that such failure existed.
Effective date- The amendment made by this section shall apply to taxable years after December 31,2012. I couldn’t find what date this was amended.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommy_boy
reply to post by epete22

And here is some more cut and paste.
(4) COST-SHARING- The term `cost-sharing' includes deductibles, coinsurance, copayments, and similar charges but does not include premiums or any network payment differential for covered services or spending for non-covered services.
(c) Requirements Relating to Cost-sharing and Minimum Actuarial Value-
1. (1) NO COST-SHARING FOR PREVENTIVE SERVICES- There shall be no cost-sharing under the essential benefits package for preventive items and services (as specified under the benefit standards), including well baby and well child care.
(2) ANNUAL LIMITATION-
(A) ANNUAL LIMITATION- The cost-sharing incurred under the essential benefits package with respect to an individual (or family) for a year does not exceed the applicable level specified in subparagraph (B).
(B) APPLICABLE LEVEL- The applicable level specified in this subparagraph for Y1 is $5,000 for an individual and $10,000 for a family. Such levels shall be increased (rounded to the nearest $100) for each subsequent year by the annual percentage increase in the Consumer Price Index (United States city average) applicable to such year.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join