It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran charges French woman, embassy workers with plot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Iran charges French woman, embassy workers with plot

www.reuters.com

TEHRAN (Reuters) - A French woman and an Iranian who works for the British embassy in Iran confessed at a mass trial on Saturday to playing a role in unrest Tehran says was a Western attempt to overthrow the clerical leadership.

Britain said the trial of its embassy employee was an "outrage."

"We deplore these trials and the so-called confessions of prisoners who have been denied their basic human rights," a British Foreign Office spokeswoman said.

The French woman and embassy employee were among dozens charged on Saturday with challenging religious rule in the second mass trial a
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Pentagon, Eyeing Iran, Wants to Rush 30,000-Pound Bomb Program

White House Policy on Iranian Election

[edit on 8-8-2009 by IDK88]

Mod Edit: Altered thread title to reflect actual article headline.
Please review link: Breaking Alternative News guidelines

[edit on 8/8/2009 by maria_stardust]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It seems that the British are doing what they do best...yet another example for their stunning disregard for the peace and safety of anyone other than their own citizens.

When will the world finally see that British are working in collaboration with Israel and the last Shah of Iran's son and his loyalists inside and outside the country to overthrow the Islamic Republic of Iran and pin the whole crime on the American's jacket lapel.

Well at least I can see the abominable plot, even if noone else can.

www.reuters.com

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I believe the Brits and the French woman should be hang for their heinous crimes against Iran. Iran has the right to defend themselves from these spies.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

Excuse me sort your quotes, One works for the french embassy and the other works for the british embassy.

Reiss, a teaching assistant, confessed her "mistakes" and asked for clemency, IRNA said. Nazak Afshar, an Iranian working for the French embassy, was also charged with "providing information over the vote unrest to foreigners."

"We were not authorized by the embassy to go to rallies but we were told to shelter protesters if necessary," Afshar said.

France has rejected the charge against Reiss as "baseless" and French President Nicolas Sarkozy has called for her immediate release. The French Foreign Ministry said on Saturday it had no comment on Reiss for now.

To just put the blame on the UK, shows your comments and postings are misleading once again.

The British embassy employee, Hossein Rassam, was charged with espionage and confessed to handing information about the unrest to Washington, IRNA said.

"Iranian action against him, and those against [French teacher] Clotilde Reiss and a member of the staff of the French Embassy in Tehran, only brings further discredit on the Iranian regime.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88

It seems that the British are doing what they do best...yet another example for their stunning disregard for the peace and safety of anyone other than their own citizens.

When will the world finally see that British are working in collaboration with Israel and the last Shah of Iran's son and his loyalists inside and outside the country to overthrow the Islamic Republic of Iran and pin the whole crime on the American's jacket lapel.

Well at least I can see the abominable plot, even if noone else can.

www.reuters.com

The article places blame equally on the United States & Britain. It's reported the information was even going to Washington. Don't be so blind as to the US' part in this.

The British embassy employee, Hossein Rassam, was charged with espionage and confessed to handing information about the unrest to Washington, IRNA said.

Iran accuses the West, particularly the United States and Britain, of fomenting trouble after the election in an attempt to topple the clerical establishment. They deny the charge.

The latest indictment accused Washington and London of "providing financial help to Iran's opposition" to fuel turmoil.

I think this is more proof that war on Iran has been planned & it will happen. We can all see the wardrums gradually beating louder these past few weeks with all the reports here involving Iran.

Iran are accusing the West of trying to overthrow their government, while the US & Israel are accusing Iran of the WMD excuse again. I think it's just a matter of time now until war.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by TheSam]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSam

Don't worry Iran has been infiltrated with foreign agents Russians American Israeli British France Germany Saudi Arabia and let us not forget china. If you don't believe every one of these countries has agents in Iran then your naive.The only way they would need to go directly to war would be if Iran decided to attack someone.In reality there is all ready agents capable of undermining and destroying Iran they are a puppet and several countries pull there strings. There will be a revolution there quite frankly the people are tired and want change the emams are unwilling to do. This makes it easy for any county to recruit iranians for gathering intel.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Isn't that the real issue with Americans...do we think that because every other country in the world, especially the British, is doing it then we should get a piece of the action? Well no Americans are on trial in this instance, but 3 American "hikers" were picked up recently, possible as spies.

Only people with inside info will know who they were working for and their mention, but I wonder if Al Gore's name will come up like in the North Korea incident; and that guy loves the your queen...I think he want's a knighthood or something. Everyone considers themselves to be ambitious now don't they.

I'll be the first to admit that Ahmadinejad is possibly the most obnoxious world leader...far outpacing Chavez or Kim. But I adopted a little hobby to illustrate that wherever outrageous behavior, in the form of political intrigue, is underway the British are standing first in line and it's really no suprise that the French are right behind them.

I'll keep my eyes open and eventually I'll show that there are Israeli's and the wanna-be Shah of Iran pulling the strings from a hotel room where they orchestrate their orgy of mayhem, specifically with regards to this overthrown the Islamic Republic project.

and some hapless and unaware american patsy is waiting to take full responsibility for the resulting deaths.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

Just because there are spies doesn't mean they can cause an insurgency come on. The problem Iran has is there people are mad. Iran is causing this problem by making Iranians think they have a democracy and in Truth its a theocracy. Iranians aren't stupid they are realizing the emams are in control and the election just brought that out into the light of day.They even know there president is a religious nut case and believed they could remove him for the greater good of Iran.He does allot of damage to that country internationally and they know it. What they didn't count on is the people truly in charge cracking down on them.

This had nothing to do with foreigners and most Iranians know it!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Do you happen to go on Xbox Live?? I'm pretty sure I've met you before, some Brit hating know it all. You got sooooo much wrong in your posts little guy it's laughable. I suppose I should expect that though coming from someone who probably knows nothing about the subject the post.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

That may be the case and it doesn't help that the idea of a Theocracy isn't very attractive in the United States. However, since Reza Pahlevi has revealed that he is behind these activities and supports extra constitutional means at changing the Iranian power structure, the United States policy should be to extricate itself from this situation.

But your President is far too impressed with his understanding of these matters and he and his vice president are about to walk into the same trap with different clothes, as did Bush/Cheney.

When this fails and the country is involved in yet another unresolvable conflict manufactured by the British and Israelis and the former Shah, I want to feel justified in telling people...NO..I don't care about how many Iranians are dying.

Just a little preemption of my own.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC

Oh no...its the exact opposite. I know so much more concerning this topic and so many others, with regards to War and how to win them. I should start a thread concerning revolutionary Iran's being overthrown in 1988 and the Shah's son installing the current Supreme Leader at that time in a puppet capacity.

How he (Pahlevi) wanted the world to believe that the Republic was real so that he could throw America into it at some future date.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I agree with the previous poster.The mullahs brought this chaos on themselves not foreign provocateurs.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Hahahahahahahha!!! this regime is a joke! They have blamed Israel, Saudi Arabia, England, USA, France, Italy, BBC, BBC correspondant to Iran, Iranian dissidents, Facebook, Twitter, CNN, communists etc etc etc.

They blame anyone but themselves, and by blaming different people every day based on non-existant evidence proves the regime lack credibility, and their legitimacy is now non-existant as Milliband says. The French have it correct today when they say why would they employ a 23 yr old as a spy - it's absolutely ridiculous & pathetic for the regime to make these charges.

And so many ATS fools are easily manipulated into believing this nonsense on here. Shame on you all who accept this rubbish from sham trials as the truth!

Dissidents were telling Iranian's on BBC Persia not to vote in the election because it would be a sham. Did people listen to them then???!!! NO!!! So why would Iranian's pay attention to them now, if they are organising protests!

The regime are deluding themselves into thinking Iranian's cannot do this all on their own. Piece by piece the regime is being worn away, until nothing is left! And they are making the same embarrassing mistakes over and over again ensuring the Iranian people get more and more angrier!

Photos, pictures and icons of Khamenei were burned today as shown on ITN. And the BBC state the regime is trying to consoladate control. What control?!!!

[edit on 8-8-2009 by john124]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

By the Mullahs do you mean Reza Pahlevi's agents? If so, then yes they created this situation so America can get involved...all a part of their wicked plot, which the British and Israeli's are a part of.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
I agree with the previous poster.The mullahs brought this chaos on themselves not foreign provocateurs.

Thank you for making an accurate conclusion, you are wise.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
I believe the Brits and the French woman should be hang for their heinous crimes against Iran. Iran has the right to defend themselves from these spies.

Get out of your basement and search for the truth...... you are a sad foolish person.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Wow, when you put it like that it would seem that the Mullah's are in for a great downfall...with all that negative pretext surrounding them.

Let me ask any of you scholars this...are you familiar with Boxing? Specifically Muhammed Ali's Rope-A-Dope style.

People who think like they are strategists easily end up on their backs.

I guess the strategic analysis of the situation will take many of you some time to digest. Strategic concepts are so much easier to deal with if you've actually had the opportunity to use them and didn't just read about them in a book or watch a you tube.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

reply to post by john124

Wow, when you put it like that it would seem that the Mullah's are in for a great downfall...with all that negative pretext surrounding them.

Let me ask any of you scholars this...are you familiar with Boxing? Specifically Muhammed Ali's rope a dope style.

People who think like they are strategists easily end up on their backs.

The regime are using the same strategy as the Soviets did. The regime's actions represent a form of Islamic-communism mixed with fascism.

The Soviet Union collapsed did it not??

The mullah's are split, and whilst some openly criticise the Islamic republic's regime they wish for the Islamic republic to listen to the young and change. These people will form the new govt. after the hard-liners in the regime are forced by public opinion to retreat permanently.

Same with the police & basij, those in command will end up going to trial, whilst lower down members will probably be part of the police service after a responsible govt. is formed. Unless evidence for crimes are brought forward for those individuals, then the situation would be similar to German Nazi soldiers who are still alive and free today because they were only carrying out orders.

Unfortunately not all Basij will end up changing sides or giving up, and so these hard-liner extremists will probably end up fighting a bloody war until the end. Already in one protest the Basij were almost begging for the protestors to go home. The basij are mentally and physically exhausted, as they are outnumbered, and signs are showing that the weakest are beginning to give up. The basij are also human beings, and after being treated like crap themselves by Khamenei, they will eventually have had enough. Khamenei & Ahmadinejad cannot play god forever.

Protestors schedule protests on msg boards, and then don't turn up and the basij still get ordered to turn up just in case. And so the protestors are the one's in control, and damage is caused without even requiring to protest. And from within splits and getting bigger.

And so when they do protest which doesn't even have to be in large numbers, as the protestors can often make themselves scarce before the basij arive, and therefore the basij are exhausted because of protestors intelligently playing a game with them and are almost mocking the regime.

And protests will be in large numbers when they have the excuse, such as Friday prayers when Rafsanjani will be speaking next Friday.

It is time for Obama to change tactic and openly criticise the regime and support the opposition vocally, much in the same way the French & Germans are. There is nothing left to negotiate with this regime, they have constantly proved they aren't legitimate by their actions.

I don't want war, I want Iranian people to do the job of removing this despicable regime themselves. That doesn't mean that I'm saying there won't be war, as with psychopaths such as Khamenei we cannot rule out anything occurring. And of course Israel may be too eager to take action with inadvertent negative responses by the opposition & disastrous consequences. I feel that would be too risky at this moment, where we should be supporting the opposition although only vocally.

This may change as the situation becomes more critical & even more fluid. Predicting the future itself is difficult beyond a certain time frame. We could say a civil war type scenario may happen and the west & Israel will be drawn into direct action whether inadvertently or purposefully. Although that may be in the back of everyone's minds, we must try and avoid that at all costs, as Russia & China have interests in Iran and a devastating proxy war would devastate both sides.

So we have to hope that to avoid this, the opposition can keep up the pressure, and the regime will keep repeating mistakes that anger the opposition. Unfortunately though these are often extreme acts of violence including sham trials, torture, rape, beatings & murder.

The regime keep digging and digging, and they have lost the plot altogether. So in the end their own downfall is being caused by themselves, and they only have themselves to blame.

Otherwise if the regime showed more restraint and made concessions such as bringing Mousavi into the system, then they would have a chance to survive, and we would be looking at an inevitable war with Israel. As it is now, the regime will never back down, and hopefully Israel can be convinced of at least waiting for Iranian's to sort this mess out themselves, and not potentially make it worse by adding airstrikes to the problem.

Don't make the oppostion in Iran an issue with me or the west, it has nothing to do with them or me in the reality of things. But we should support the opposition vocally because it is the right thing to do.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by john124]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

I too feel the regime must collapse...which means to me that the United States should concern themselves with other pressing issues, as this will take care of itself.

In this article...it uses the all encompassing term, West, to imply that somehow a French woman and an Iranian in the British embassy can be stretched and spun to represent the West. Since the article was taken from Reuters, a British publication I think, I take this to mean that something is trying to make this my problem, as an American. When and if America uses diplomatic facilities in Iran, we go to the Swiss I thought, so how we've been pulled into an issue that will most likely resolve itself illustrates my assertion that the British, in collaboration with the Israeli's and the Shah of Iran would rather preempt the natural disintegration of the Islamic Republic and throw some dead bodies at our door, as they did in Iraq.

In short, someone's goal is not for Iran to collapse, but for the United States to destroy it; therein destroying ourselves. Note my threads with regards to the 30,000 lbs bunker busters and the White House changing its position concerning the outcome of the recent election. For someone, probably Elizabeth or Charles, who covet Americas potential future wealth and military strength, the Islamic Republic's natural and inevitable death is not of strategic value to them.

When people become desperate, they don't have the luxury of waiting long periods for history to repeat itself. In this case...its a nearly identical situation to the build-up to the Iraq invasion and a bandwagon is forming already. The real question is how stupid are you? I remember 70% of American's supported the Invasion of Iraq...what's it now. What will the support be for a strike on Iran?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
QUICK!!!

Someone call Bill Clinton.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join