It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Danger. The Real Lie.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
(Ps I don't think any one has ever considered you on the "right" Blain. Quite the contrary.)

I've nagged blaine about habitually leaning too far right on a few occasions, so I can attest that statement to be untrue.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I started on the far left and then drifted to the right when I went into business. At some point I abandoned both and landed somewhere firmly in the middle.

My view on capitalism will always make me seem to lean to the right and perhaps my views on how dangerous this world is. On social issues though I lean strongly to the left. Perhaps not as radical as when I protested the Vietnam war in my young dumb days.

A lot of what I think I see these days are people getting so upset it drives them to extremes. People feel helpless and that they have no control as they realize our leaders are dictating our futures and don't represent us. Too borrow a quote from Blazing Saddles; the only time they care is when they are protecting their "Phony Baloney Jobs".

There truly is no difference between the situation now and in the 1960's or the 1930's for that matter. We go through turbulent times cyclically. I remember my Mother laughing about me and my long hair saying with you it's the hair with us it was the Jitterbug. We were all going to go to hell for dancing the Jitterbug.

We will survive this I'm sure and survive intact if not a little shaken. This battle for supremacy between sides will play out eventually. This reminds me of the things I watched on the news as a teenager. The race riots, peace marches and the heated conversations we heard from the adults. John Birchers preaching gloom and doom, the abortion debate just starting and what really happened to Marilyn Monroe or who shot Kennedy.

In the end our leaders only have the power we let them have. The situation is always highly exaggerated here on ATS. The first step I'm convinced is everyone realizing that both Party's are the same people and that it is time for a new generation of leaders. I think Obama will teach people to pay closer attention to who they vote for.

We will most certainly see more and more violent protests as this plays out. At some point the equivalent of Kent State will happen and it will shake everyone wide awake. I Don't think we will see a revolution of the kind I see discussed here often. I do think that it will get more turbulent before it is over.

<< 1  2   >>

join