It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God through a non-theological standpoint.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Is it possible to prove the existence of a/any God through a non-theological standpoint ?

Without the use of scriputures, can we use the objective world to find God ?

Deep

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Meditation. Meditation will let you see God for yourself. no theology involved. There is no need or use for argument when you KNOW God exists. Remember all religions are just outward expressions of the one true inner order.

I recommend Eknath Easwarans style.

nilgiri.org...

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
uh ... huh... ok well to the question, I don't think you can prove it, but you can just take a step back and look at the world. Look at outerspace. But there are many theorys floating around, many of the great minds of the past, Einstien,Issac, ect... believed there had to be a god. Einstien thought there had to be somthing divine holding the universe together, because by his calculations it should fly apart.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The way I see it, somebody HAD to have invented all this natural perfection we see around us everyday.

I'm not talking about cars and skyscrapers and #. I'm talking about the utter perfection of a flower, or a blade of grass. Man could NEVER invent something so utterly beautiful and perfect.

Don't be so quick to diss meditation. Meditation often lets us 'see' what in our 3-D homogenized world we canNOT.

Where I disagree with Radiant on the subject of meditation is that from all my studies, meditation puts you in touch and sometimes allows you to see your spirit guide(s). But I've never heard of being allowed to see the God/Goddess.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Is it possible to prove the existence of a/any God through a non-theological standpoint ?

Deep

I personally think it is impossible to PROVE the existence or non-existence of God, but, there are ways to come to the conclusion that God exists without using scripture. I honestly fall into this category.

First off, as long as there are still questions that we cannot answer such as what makes a compound of atoms, molecules, minerals, ect. alive by our definition, there will always remain room for God to exist. In the end, it will all come down to a personal decision. "Do I, or do I not believe in God?"

I think one way we can come to the conclusion that there is a God (if you choose to interpret this information in that way), is the big bang theory. Athiest scientist used to firmly believe that the universe was infinite and unchanging. Some still hold on to this belief even today. Others have found ways to rationalize around a huge problem. The combination of the work of many scientists over many years brought us to a concrete conclusion. The universe is expanding. Which means that it was smaller yesterday, and smaller yet the day before that. Due to certain scientific principals we have been able to figure out the rate of expansion, and get a rough idea of the extents of the universe. This has made us able to come to a conclusion (that may someday be proven wrong). The conclusion is the universe had a beginning. This beginning is referred to commonly as the big bang. The fact that our current science indicates a beginning to everything that exists, means that it is not out of the question to figure in a creator. We could never prove or disprove it. Rationally though, it is perfectly logical and acceptable to do so.

There are many theories about how the universe could be expanding....and yet still be infinite and unchanging. Not one of them has evidence towards its existence other than speculation and loopholes. The big bang rather, has hard scientific evidence supporting it at this time.

So, what I am saying here is there are ways that one could logically come to the conclusion that there is a God. These logical conclusions are the space that has been needed to maintain organized religion through the years. If it was not possible for the existence of God, then people would not have the ability to believe. Scripture is a byproduct of this thought process.

[Edited on 5/12/2004 by Seapeople]

[Edited on 5/12/2004 by Seapeople]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Maybe you missed my point info. If you meditate you "meet" God. Face to Face so to speak. Once you have this KNOWLEDGE of Gods existence then the question posed becomes meaningless. It would be like asking someone to prove their parents exist.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well, could a Christian of a Muslim prove Gods existence without the help of the Bible/Koran?

Deep

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The bible and koran were written by people. God is within you waiting to be revealed. Become silent and still, look within yourself and find peace.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The only thing that is possible, is to prove the existence of God to yourself. If the evidence you have discovered on your own is enough for you to believe in God, then you have proven it.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
If you are wanting to know if it is possible to prove the existence of the Biblical God, without quoting scripture, then I would have to say no.

If you are asking if it is possible to prove the existence of a Supreme Being or Spirit, then I don't know. I guess it depends on what you consider to be proof. For me, the fact that nothing we perceive as having physical substance in our universe (including ourselves), actually does, is the non-theological evidence that proves the existence of an Infinite Spirit. If I cannot even prove that I exist, yet I have a consciousness that allows me to consider who I am and what my non-existence means, then that consciousness must exist beyond the limits of our illusionary universe. It's that consciousness combined with pure energy, of which everything is made, that creates our reality by filling the role of the Observer. Everything we see, feel, touch, hear, smell, and taste is God in another form. God is everything because It cannot be less than everything and still be God.

The catch is that you cannot fully understand what I mean by reading my words or anyone else's. You have to find God for yourself, and you can only do that when you stop looking and just see. That's why so few "get it". The simplicity of the answer is just too complex for people to grasp.
"A wise man, recognizing that the world is but an illusion, does not act as if it is real, so he escapes the suffering" --Buddha

Rest and unrest derive from illusion. In enlightenment there is no liking or unliking, just the realization of your eternal singularity."
-- "Faith Mind" by Seng T'San,
the Third Patriach of Zen
www.voicefortruth.com...

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

Deep

Again it depends on your definition of god, but someday through science it may be possible to prove A definition of god. Read the Ravings in my sig.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by infovacume
uh ... huh... ok well to the question, I don't think you can prove it, but you can just take a step back and look at the world. Look at outerspace. But there are many theorys floating around, many of the great minds of the past, Einstien,Issac, ect... believed there had to be a god. Einstien thought there had to be somthing divine holding the universe together, because by his calculations it should fly apart.

Be careful of what you are saying. Einstien did change his mind about some things. I think you need to look further into what he believed, and expecially, why.

new topics

top topics

join