It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are we going to do about our lying governments?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

I know of several things that can be done about dishonest government. And there are probably many more things that can be done about it that I don't know about. But why do so many people think that we just have to live with this situation forever? My answer is that this is how the people who are trying to control things want us to think. They want us to believe that the traditional human virtues are just a joke and are not worth aspiring to. They fail to notice that this game keeps running because of those human virtues. It doesn't run because a bunch of crazy bankers figured out how to steal so much from honest people that they can buy anything they want - including the planet.

The first obvious thing to do is to get informed. Look in the nooks and crannies for the information that the mainstream media are avoiding. Find out what is getting the most neglect and derision from the "experts" and look into those subjects and come to your own conclusions about them. Perhaps all the rumors about how goofy some subjects and people are were put there because if people actually studied those subjects they would learn more about the truth and the lies would lose their strength.

No one really likes a liar. Many of us have indulged in it at one time or another, which makes it difficult to take a firm stand against it. But the people who work for us and who we elect take oaths and are expected to be honest. So you can demand that they are and complain when they are not. Sure they have a lot of power. But if you are concerned about trying to do something about it alone you can contribute to one of the many groups trying to do something about it.

I personally am less concerned about what governments say than I am about what governments do. And the impression I get is that they are not fully doing their job, and that the situation is just getting worse. I think what caves governments in and makes them turn criminal more than anything else is their ineffectiveness. What if you were a farmer and could somehow never manage to grow anything? So you put rocks in a bag and try to sell them as potatoes. Well, that game wouldn't last very long, but it seems that governments are more skilled at pretending to be doing something worthwhile than my example of a farmer with rocks in his bag. But a lot of people in government are aware of how ineffective they often are, and I think are quite demoralized about it. If you could give those people the tools to be more effective, they would either use them to make government better of get out and play a game that was a little easier to win. I think someone wants government to lose, and that's the real tragedy.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

Hey, thanks for your reply, but you know what depresses me?

Just about everyone has a scandal, and NO-ONE CARES.

Also, nobody cares about exposing governments.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The government that burned 3000 people alive and is now planning to kill millions with vaccines?

Karma is a b*tch, which is why they're losing all their money.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by detachedindividual

The tragic fact is that the rich people will still rule.

Voting is a myth - these people will still rule.

They are the power in this world - they will have to answer in the next world, but they don't care.

They only have power through the willingness of the people. If every person refused it, what would they do? Lock us all up?

This is when revolution happens, when the people say that enough is enough, it's hitting the reset button.

Sure a leader might once again rise to power, and then the whole process begins again, they are ousted, and replaced, then they are ousted, and replaced...

Eventually the only option is for no one to take power, we would be forced into regional governments run by the people, for the people. In that immediate region.

That is the way a nation should be run, by region, no central government. Smaller communities making decisions relevant to their own citizens.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Eventually the only option is for no one to take power, we would be forced into regional governments run by the people, for the people. In that immediate region.

That is the way a nation should be run, by region, no central government. Smaller communities making decisions relevant to their own citizens.

This is future.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Tell that to the ruling powers, the rich people.

In this world, the rich people have the power,

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by detachedindividual

Voting is a myth - these people will still rule.

They are the power in this world - they will have to answer in the next world, but they don't care.

I completely agree. Great statement. We don't have any control. They know it.

Its hard to start any type of revolt now. IMHO, People just don't want to work hard for anything. Easy money, Easy jobs, Easy lifestyle. I don't think anyone realizes how hard it was to bring this country to what it is now. Well, what it was. We fought on our own soil. Versus each other at one point. Now, we can't even yell at a town hall meeting without being corrected by the gov't.

We all know that somehow, WE let the gov't get out of hand. WE DID. WE voted these politicians in. WE made it a politcal party deal. WE won't stand up for out rights. But wait...

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE TPTB WANTS SOCIETY TO BELIEVE.
That WE made the mistakes. Admit it, it "looks" like this society allowed the gov't to get huge and control everything. There are alot of people that are mad now, but I'm afraid its too late.

But...I do see some of us are actually defending our rights, although, they might see jail time. Oxymoronic, right?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Power in numbers.... You could always reclaim your environment !!!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

[/q

What are they going to do arrest us all if we

DEMAND CHANGE.
This is our country!!!! We the People built it!!!

Who can stop us from making a stand?

POWER IN NUMBER!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

Well, I have to say CRAP.

You are not kicking your President.

You are not kicking ANYTHING.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It seems to me that everyone is working from the top going down. If you truly want to make a change you will have to start at the bottom. Local governments is your key because as a citizen has more say there than you will ever have at the top talking to your senator. The hardest thing is going to be is to get the couch potatoes off of the couch! They truly do not see that anything is wrong, why? They are sitting on the couch! This is how every religion or new speaker of the truth starts gaining a foothold, it is called 'grass roots' and has worked for years. I will guarantee they is more you can do on a local scale and there just as much corruption (probably more on this level) than you could imagine!

This is the oldest trick in the book, our government want you to look at the president and the powers that are! When the truth is right beside you, the local police, the mayor etc. You don't have to go to deep to find corruption, but you as a single being can make a difference.

Every home town newspaper covers up the truth daily or you never get the 'real' truth because 99% of want say on to keep them on the good side of the side of local government! Do a little detective work, is the article true, if not there is a starting point and point that 'untruth' out with a few flyer's, if you are reading this you already have half the battle done. Put some in a mail box but most of all make sure what you are writing about is the truth, otherwise you are no better than the ones you are wanting out. You don't need many, say 50 of them with a different truth every week of so, you will be surprised how much effect that can have. One person can start this, you do not need a army! Keep quiet and plant a seed, put a flyer in a mailbox of a friend and see if the seed will grow (don't let them know that it is you!). Remember the most important rule, a dog never 'scraps' in their own back yard!

Our government is a very strong plant, but if it get a root worm it cannot survive.

Nothing to write about? Here is one for you that affects every person in the US, home ownership! Let people know that all is every done in this country is that we rent! No one can ever own a home or a piece of land in this country.........”why” taxes pure and simple! You work and pay for you home and when you get older no house payment right? Just miss one tax payment and you lost that bought and paid for house. So in the real world 'the US' all we have done is to lower our rent for a few years.

Have I planted a seed?

Tru

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by truskeptic

BRILLIANT
(if I may say so myself, having said the same in here long ago, lol)

Waited a long time to read your post.

Just hope it strikes a chord with more than a few. Then hope they tell their friends .. and they tell theirs .. on and on

Great post

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The only thing we, as a nation can do, is to clean out the rats nest in the Capital. This means one thing; WE VOTE OUT EVERYONE that is there now.
I mean everyone! SPARE NONE.

And if the new wave of people sent to represent us, does not change the culture of corruption and abuse, then we send them packing after one term...and so on, until we have burned the rotten system that is there now, to the ground.

Next, we go after every justice in the supreme court, and make it very clear, that they had better straighten up, and follow the constitution or else.

Then we expose, and run out of dodge, every lawyer and special interest crony that are acting like modern day Svengali's and Rasputin's on the hill. It is these people, and the companies they represent, that are ruining the nation.

Next, we go after all broadcasting houses, owners, investors, share holders, advertisers, etc. and "burn them down." Meaning we tell them to stop the pandering to special for profit interests only, and spewing of government propaganda, or we will spread the word, to stop supporting it with viewership. ( I can see where Broadband-CableTelevision will be history in 20 years...and all news, intertainment etc, will be soley home PC oriented and sourced. ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, etc will be history. )

But, we have to start with the Capital first. FIRE EVERYONE! The sooner the better. This is the only way, we can have a non violent revolution.

WARNING: if we don't do this now, then very very soon, that ability will be taken away from us permenantly. Obama is picking and assigning CZARS
that are above the law, and answerable to no one, and I suspect, will be designated "for life" positions, like the Supreme Court. He will also create a ten million man " GOON SQUAD ARMY ", that enforces the government will, via an iron fisted approach. I.E. the "CARD CHECK" system type of thing. They will crack heads and detain citizens unfetered, if we allow this idiot to continue on with his "Change we can believe in!" programs.

It is now or never.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join