It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A massive beam on google sky!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I was browsing Google sky due to severe boredom when I happened to come across something very interesting. I noticed a beam in space. If this is not a camera anomaly (which it doesn't look like one) then what could it be? Plus if it is actually a beam the thought of the shear length is mind boggling.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
please excuse my ignorance of Astronomical matters, but could you please tell me where this beam is originating from ( the star closest to point of origin) and its destination? i ask this because, from what i understand, that information will reveal how far away it is in time. Its possible that what we are seeing happened millenia ago? maybe millions of years?

That things seems to go for a long long ways. And even that is understating it. i take it that what we are seeing must be light years in distance (from point A to point b) as well as light years away from us.

Do we (Mankind) have any technology publicly known that could do that?

interesting.

love and peace

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
It could be some sort of eater egg, the guys at google are known for doing that. Putting 747's in neighborhoods, UFO's inside trees, messages in fields, etc. Then again it could be a plasma cannon from an alien mother ship

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I've checked it out and come to the conclusion that this is merely a photographic blunder. Maybe a line where two photos meet?

Even a laser beam wouldn't show up as a single streak in a photo. Unless it was a time-lapse photom, with a smoke screen.

Of course, it could be something else...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
I've checked it out and come to the conclusion that this is merely a photographic blunder. Maybe a line where two photos meet?

Even a laser beam wouldn't show up as a single streak in a photo. Unless it was a time-lapse photom, with a smoke screen.

Of course, it could be something else...

A continuous communications laser or stream of photons or a few other things i can think or may lend to such an image but it would be closer at point of origin to a deeper field but factoring, i can see how something like this could show up as legit.

But unless this is a stream of energy appearing from another phase dimension or something, it appears out of nowhere and a stellar mass like a red dwarf just happens to have the same spectrum in the mid IR range as the energy stream as per stellar mass above the line at about 3mm up from the straight horizontal aspect 3 pixel width start of the line, out of nowhere, loike, etc, etc.

Na.

This is either a deliberate streak superimposed at high res zoom by somebody with too much time on thier hands or a photographic anomally either in process or matching up as you mentioned.

Nothing to see here folks, imho.

Paxus.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by DeltaPan]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
well under the hypothetical assumption that its real: you guys forgot to factor in smaller objects. Let us say it is real. the possibility is great that the objects utilising this beam are too small to be seen in comparison to the stars in the back. Secondly Yes, it would be visible as the means to photograph and colour space images are not colour cameras.. its IR, which DOES infact see laser. To my understanding with todays technology we can even see UV radiation as well. So the possibility that it is NOT an artifact or joke placed by the google team is great. You figure these so-called UFO's can travel interdemensionally, through space and time, and all the other bullocks that surrounds them.. why would they not be able to use laser as a means of communication the same way we do? We have laser microphones for goodness sake. Beams of light that hear from GREAT distances away. You would think these uber advanced intellects would have the same, if not greater, means of communication.

Now let us say it is not real.. what could possibly do this? over development of a photograph on a scratch, or improper placement of photograph images, or even a hair. the problem remains though, That all takes place in chemical production of photo's.
considering this is all digital.. it would have to be placed there by artificial means... ie, its really there, or someone drew it in.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by stanlee]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanlee
well under the hypothetical assumption that its real: you guys forgot to factor in smaller objects. Let us say it is real. the possibility is great that the objects utilising this beam are too small to be seen in comparison to the stars in the back.

No, you are assuming.

Speaking for myself it was actualy of primary consideration and why i said it, cynically, it must have come from a rip in the fabric of space from a phased dimension or massive portal, very doubtful indeed.

If something was emiting that it would have to be a lot closer in relative aspect to the deep field and any such which may generate something like a continuous beam would be visible, aspect ratios matey, aspect ratios, depth dimensions etc don't indicate a small device emiiting that, quite the contrary.

You're not thinking rationally mate and want to believe too much methinx, defending this as some form of extraterrestrial phenomenon or even a spacial phenomenon, it isn't. Loose footing indeed, bruv.

Did you zoom close into the inception point, rather obvious if it appears from nowhere at 3 pixels squared off to the lateral plane like a block eraser in MS Paint tidying it up, perchance, forsooth?

Could be wrong of course, but i don't think so, obviously.

Mind how ye go, ay.

Paxus.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Doesn't Sky use a red line grid system?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It looks like one of the many artifacts that are seen in Google Earth/Sky, just related to the cropping and pasting of multiple images, some are lens artifacts too.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
It looks like one of the many artifacts that are seen in Google Earth/Sky, just related to the cropping and pasting of multiple images, some are lens artifacts too.

And there ye go.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I found this information about the "Sky" feature in Google Earth, perhaps the beam is a field-of-view line?

•Field-of-View Images: outline image of the angular area viewed by Chandra for each observation

When the mouse cursor moves over one of the field-of-view line segments, the outline of the region changes color (to red); when it is clicked, information about the ObsID is displayed in a balloon.

Found it under "Chandra Image Data" here:
cxc.harvard.edu...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

That's possible, it could also be from the grid as another poster above mentioned...

The grid appears over the earth imagery as red lines, with each latitude/longitude degree line labeled in an axis across the center of the 3D viewer. You can position a astronomical feature in the 3D viewer and determine its basic spatial coordinates using this grid. As you zoom in, the level of detail of the degree lines increases.

earth.google.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaPan
photographic anomally either in process or matching up as you mentioned.

Nothing to see here folks, imho.

Paxus.

QFE.

Nothing to see here folks,

Cased closed methinks, move along, what, what.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
As to the grid comment. I had all features turned off when I took the screen shot. I searched for other anomalies that looked like this and found none except for some white streaks that where not the same by any means.

new topics

top topics

join