It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Road on MOON?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by deejayiwan

Of course there is a road - lots of them - why be surprised?

Our moonfriends need roads.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Those are the roads for WRC's Moon Race for next season.

But I think those have actually been discussed here and were lava related but I'm not sure..

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

Of course there is a road - lots of them - why be surprised?

Our moonfriends need roads.

surely if they're smart enough to get to the moon, they probably don't NEED roads. Im sure they have more advanced technology than our Luna buggies, but then there probably arn't any aliens on the moon.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I think that they need to teach their kids about roads - in case the kids come to earth.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
pretty sure if anybody is up there they will be flying,there is absolutely no need for roads

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

OK, so the kids fly to earth and don't know about roads - run over.

Oh dear.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
If they are roads, those are some pretty incompetent engineers. None of those lines are even bordering on straight and have absolutely zero intelligible design. Obviously they've formed in the distant geological past of our moon.

Even in the ridiculously absurd chance that they were built by ancient aliens; I'm not interested in half-whit aliens that can't even construct a simple road

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
How else do the moon monsters reach the cheese mines with their cheese extraction mining machines? With roads.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Roads, they don't need no damn roads.

Everyone says they have anti-gravity. What would a road be for I wonder?

Seriously, those are not good examples of anything. Interesting to look at though. I'm easily entertained when I can't sleep.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

No.....

I don't think there are any roads being shown in that material.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
In the words of Doc Brown...."Where were going, we don't need roads!!"

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The ones in the first video are "rilles": they can be found in three basic shapes on our Moon: Sinuous, Arcuate and Straight. They are basicaly narrow depressions that can be found almost everywhere on the lunar surface. And not, they are NOT roads in my (and many other people's) opinion.
Here's a good example:

Full Description

This oblique view of the Moon's surface was photographed by the Apollo 10 astronauts in May of 1969. Center point coordinates are located at 13 degrees, 3 minutes east longitude and 7 degrees, 1 minute north latitude. One of the Apollo 10 astronauts attached a 250mm lens and aimed a handheld 70mm camera at the surface from lunar orbit for a series of pictures in this area.

grin.hq.nasa.gov...
Center: JSC
Center Number: AS10-31-4646
GRIN DataBase Number: GPN-2000-001486

Now: YouTube compresses everything.
For example, this is a screenshot taken from Lunar Explorer KAGUYA (SELENE) High Definition Television [ HDTV ] second image taking:

Here you can find the relevant press release and here you can watch the video in question.
The area is the one of Repsold crater:

The west side of the "Oceanus Procellarum" (cut out from the second image shooting)
This is a still image taken out from the end part of the second moving image taking.
We can observe a crater called "Repsold," whose diameter is 107 km, at the center on the near side of this image. The channel that crosses this crater is called the "Repsold Valley," and its length is about 180 km (equivalent to the distance between Tokyo and Shizuoka on the Tokaido Line in Japan.

Here is it, Repsold crater (LO-IV-189H):

the central peak is about 720 m tall, the strongly-shadowed parts of the main rille are about 330 m deep. The shadows from the southeast rim of Repsold G indicate an irregular height of from 1500-2300 m.

Rimae Repsold (LO-IV-188M)

Here's a nice shot from Clementine UVVIS Multispectral Mosaic

They are definately rilles, of the straight type (you can also find Sinuous and Arquate ones, but these are definately straight): the more one uploads, downloads then uploads the downloads it again etc some video, the more are the chances to not only spot roads, but even cars, trucks, bikes etc.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
the roads sort of look natural boss, viewed them with close attention to detail. and well, I believe they are due to large objects close encounters with the moon, look like faults - gavity pulls.. a cracked egg shell

top topics

join