It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problem with religion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Religion tends to waver off all scientific paradigms without providing any evidental grounds to prove its own bias or disprove those of science. Religion is a traditional doctrine, if not habitual, it serves no other purpose outside of its social construct and ability to manipulate and decieve the ignorant.

This is the problem with religion, or should I say, a superimposed Conceptual Habituation, we tend not to question our ideals of past, for they define who as a people ( the reader ) are. Most find thier religious upbringing to be a genetic trait past on through the generations, it is a intergral part of our family, a 3rd arm or so to say. Most ( general assumption ) brought up by these means, tend never to question tradition, family values, ideals, and those who do, seek to be deemed black sheep within a family construct.
Traditions never tend to be questioned nor assimilated, it takes decades, and generations of confrontation to do so.

I could be wrong with the above stated, correct me if needed. I am also high

Deep

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
All religions are flawed representations of one inner order. It is everyones job to transend this conciousness trap and realize the infinite.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Religions are good and bad...

Bad in the sense they limit your freedom, tell you how to live, and use fear to control your actions..

Good in the sense they give billions of people something to turn to in times of trouble. Did you ever feel so overwhelmed that you wanted to ask someone, anyone, for help? hat help is found by many through faith.

I myself am unreligious, i believe that if i want something to happen i need to practively try to do it. I feel being cheerful and confident, and open minded will get you further than any religion will.

join