It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heathcare is a NON Issue...Period

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
...But it is a wonderful diversionary tactic.

If I may quote a now infamous member, WITD,...

Follow the Money!

Think about it for a moment, and give me your unbiased attention.

There are far more serious issues than heathcare, and it almost exclusively resides in the monetary functions going on behind the scenes.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I agree, but if it takes health care for the people to see the man behind the curtain then so be it.

I personally don't care anymore whatever gets the people out there and letting these people hear their voice then it works for me.

You have to crawl before you can walk. It will all hit them like a sack of bricks once they see the forest through the trees.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
It won't be long before for most of us health care will be the least of our worries. It's hard to believe how people refuse to see whats right no front of their face. The world is about to plunge into a truly dark time and we are arguing over a system that will be abandoned before it can even be implemented.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Begs to question why Congress is spending so much time trying to pass healthcare as the unemployment continues to rise, savings continue to decline, and the economy continues to worsen.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I disagree. Health care is a huge part of end time. In fact, one of the parts of revelations speaks about it:

Revelations 9:6

And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

www.biblegateway.com...

Remember the whole terri schiavo incident? Remember shortly afterwards, Bush tried to make it so that natural death couldn't occur, and she'd be forever on that feeding tube....I don't know what your opinion of feeding and not feeding a brain dead person is, but revelations 9:6 is coming. People will want to die, but they can't. The stage is being set, and people's emotions are being set up.

edit: Oh yeah, and also the taxes from a health care plan will be used to offset today's deficits.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Archon_Adept]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Health care taxes will put us even more into the abyss. The additional cost to us is in the Trillions (actual figures vary). With 140M employed and a population in excess of 305M, the burden will sink us.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Interesting take on the matter.
I could argue that with 27 Trillion and counting produced out of thin air, and trillions more spending on health care----but placed on the back of citizens immediately instead of over time like the bailouts, it could be interpreted as a last gasp power grab, a fascist dictatorship attempting to take everything over by breaking the back and will of the people by massive debt, unemployment, and mandated society requirements.
By the rising outcry and public revolt, I am hoping that they are about a decade late.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
While all you doomsayers are out there saying that we don't need healthcare, Ill simply say this:

There have been doomsayers since the begining of recorded history, but not healthcare. We need healthcare more than doomsayers anyday, and quite franky your track record is thusfar total $***. Give us healthcare and if the apocalypse comes you can say "We told you so". If it really is the end of times it wont matter to you a single bit

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The health care bill is not about reform. We have a sick country. With reform we would have a well country with the ability to cheeply cover those in need. The gov't is in deep need of reform and since they set the laws that allow our health care to get really sick.
How do you tell if a politician is lying? His lips are moving.
Until you take out the trash you really can't tell where all the bad smells are comming from. Will you help take out the trash and clean out the bad smells that are left or will you just type away.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
In the greater scheme of things, I do agree that the heath care debate is no more than a diversion. However In my case nothing could be further from reality. I'm a 60 year old male with no insurance.

Recently (2 months ago), I was diagnosed with heart disease (40% blockage in 3 major arteries) and pancreatic cancer. Folks at Emory Hospital Midtown (Atlanta) were wonderful. they admitted me through emergency and performed all of the necessary tests needed to discover exactly what was wrong (cat scan for the cancer and pet scan for my heart). Doctors explained that I had had a heart attack (hence the pet scan) but that didn't explain the severe abdominal pain (hence the cat scan). All of this was being covered through medicare in some fashion. Doctors explained that they needed to insert stints in my heart before they could treat the cancer, my heart just wasn't strong enough for them to treat the cancer. Doctors also said during this time time I would need to have friends and family close by. I had only lived in Atlanta for 3 years and had few friends and no family. Freaked out by the dianosis I checked out against medical advise, put my things in storage and moved 'home' to Birmingham, Alabama (where I do have friends and family).

Make a long story short...I was told (since I was not a resident of Alabama) that the only way I would be treated was if I had an event, a heart attack or a flare up of my cancer and then and only then would I be admitted through emergency. Hard place. I am only looking for pallitative care...I don't want the extremely expensive chemo/radiation/surgery. All I really want is an oncologist to stop the pain and give me drugs that may slow the progression of the disease, it's a cheap way out, but to get that treatment I will have to go back to Atlanta and leave the only close friends and family I have.

So, yes health care matters to me. I know this whole post is very dis-jointed and I hope that you understand what I am saying.

With the first bail-out we (this country) could have provided universal health care to every man, woman and child for a minimum of 5 years but instead we (USA) took our tax dollars and propped up an already failing economy.

I thank you for reading this. I am actually hoping for problems so I can get a doc. I'm broke (2 failed businesses in Atlanta-in which I invested my future) and I am a friends couch away from homelessness. I not sure if the current health care proposals would do anything to ease my problems but I do know this country needs to start thinking about it' people rather than the corporations/big pharma/insurance/wall street, etc.

btw, I tried to do a spell check but couldn't find one, sorry

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Maybe it is a non-event for you, but it actually matters for me. I have ok health coverage, and I would like to keep it that way. I had cancer, and am currently in remission. I need extensive follow-up, not more red tape.

I support a national healthcare system, but I want want everyone to have the same standard as what I currently have (or better).

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yup as much as people want to say it's not an Issue it is.

The US healthcare system is in shambles and needs attention. You all have been putting it off for over 30 years.

We may not agree of the details, but regardless, it's a good thing the debate is being made right now.

May I ask what this is diverting from?

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
May I ask what this is diverting from?

Look, I am NOT trying to say Health Care on it's own is not an issue, we all know it really is.

But what I am trying to say in this thread in particular and directly related to how it is being played out in real-time terms,..is that it is a non issue in regards to what is really important related to the federal government and what it should be discussing and questioned about.

We are being played (imho) no differently than abortion, or social security, or even gun regulation.

It is diversionary in aspect of, how we are making decisions as a populace voting, by division of opinion and emotion placed on issues that arent necessarily the main event.

It is no different than (in analogy), arguing about if the tire blew out because of some flaw while well worn out, and missing the point about the texting while driving really being the root of the accident. (sorry, a poor analogy at best)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Most health problems are self-inflicted anyway. So many idiots choose to be fat or smoke or gay or drive drunk or use drugs. And they want the rest of us to pay for their bad choices.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by smirkley

Tell that to a single mother of 4 who can't afford insurance for her kids. Grow up already...jeez.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I could agree with you if I did not know about this countries nasty history of eugenics. Certain robber baron descendants have been pushing nutty population control ideas all over the place. Maybe the financial debacle is actually a smoke screen so they can push through some bills designed to deprive the elderly and disabled of life.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by eradown]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Its all a trick of misdirection.

Look Healthcare issues!!! Forget about that you have no jobs and the economy and the dollar are collapsing.

[edit on 8/14/2009 by Soulhacking]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
While all you doomsayers are out there saying that we don't need healthcare,

Strange, I don't remember anybody saying we don't need healthcare. I am quite cognizant of the fact that the means by which we implement healthcare are hotly contested but the fact that we need it hasn't been denied anywhere that I've seen.

[edit on 073131p://f53Friday by badgerprints]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkeye1717

Tell that to a single mother of 4 who can't afford insurance for her kids. Grow up already...jeez.

Trust me, I am fully grown up. And I am VERY aware of such predicaments in todays society. (let alone because people I am close to are in similar situations)

But in an era where we willingly treat illegals at no cost to patients, you and yours should have at minimum basic heath care available as citizens.

Insurance cannot be affordable unless subsidised by an employer, or a government, or the hospitals basic willingness to treat those who cannot afford it. That is a function of how much health care, treatment, preventitive procedures, and new product/procedure testing, costs nowadays.

But socialized medicine is something entirely different.

Completely different.

A decent example is General Motors. They provided lifelong health insurance to it's tenured employees. Well guess what, it was one of the things that brought GM down. They ended up pawning it off to the UAW in exchange for ending a strike a year or so ago,...and it still didnt help GM stay out of bankruptsy.

And the UAW dropped that standard as soon as they got their mitts on it.

Now think about that in a grander scale, such as the whole of the USA.

It wont be pretty for the country, in regards to financial stability.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by smirkley]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I strongly disagree. The health care issue is a HUGE issue right now. Discussing, debating, and researching the current proposal is not a distraction. I think we're taking the 'distraction accusation' a bit too far.

The health care proposal will mean big changes for the American people. How could that be a distraction? It's one of many very important issues up in the air right now.

What is a distraction, however, is the inane bickering back at forth, the ad hominem arguments, the propaganda from both sides, and the mudslinging.

That is the distraction because it is keeping us away from discussing the facts. Not the discussion or investigation of the health care bill in itself.

The beer summit was a distraction. The fake Kenyan birth certificate was a distraction. Health care reform is not a distraction.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join