It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an ARCHAEOLOGICAL COVERUP going on in New Zealand?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
My own interests when it comes to pre-Maori inhabitants is more focused on a number of seemingly non-human beings that are referred to within a number of old legends and korero told to me by my kaumatua.

Yes they had spoken of other humans.
Two main different races were mentioned a few times:

1. A tall, well built, pale skinned race with reddish orange hair and a well defined longish face (well, less rounded perhaps that say Polynesian might be a more accurate description). This race was said to 'rulers of the sea', spending much of their time at sea and only making landfall at a few select beach/waterside pa/settlements they supposedly had within our rohe/tribal region.
They kept to themselves and didn't take kindly to visitors or anyone coming close to their pa.

2. A short, round-bodied and round-faced brown skinned race. And by short they were said to be the average height (length) of the Tewhatewha (type of weapon) which were normally approx 5ft in length.
They also kept to themselves, actively avoided Maori yet also were regularly seen following Maori and watching from a distance.

The more 'fairies' and 'sprites', 'spirits' etc certainly feature throughout most (likely all) Iwi legends.

One specific type is what I'm very interested in finding out more about - and would fit nicely within another ATS Forum.

My kaumatua called these ones Whetu Tangata - People of the Stars/Star People.
They were said to originate from the stars and said to have travelled here in *waka* (canoe - but actually in this specific context - transport) that were described as being made from cold shiny stone shaped like a Tuatua/Pipi...and that made no sound as it moved.

They were said to be the height (length) of a Warriors taiaha...so likely around 6-6 1/2ft tall.
Extremely thin with long arms and fingers.
Skin the colour of paua hua (paua guts) so a pale creamy grey.
Eyes like tuhua/obsidian (so shiny black)
Their heads were described to be shaped like kiaka/gourds...so inversed teardrop shaped.
They were also said to communicate without speaking (telepathy?)
They were said to appear to be unclothed yet no visible genitalia or other *gender organs* were obvious.

...ummm....so....those are supposedly ancient people that my kaumatua told me our Iwi had come in contact with...sounds a WHOLE lot like a pretty close description of one of the claimed 'Grey' type alien races...and their *waka* sounds very much like the much claimed and bandied about descriptions of triangular yet rounded bodied UFO craft...

Heh.
Still. It's just a story until there's proof.

Just find it interesting those stories are ages old...well before settlement/colonisation...and waaaaay before such influence of international Alien/UFO hype ever began...yet bare some pretty striking similarities.

edit on 29-1-2016 by alien because: Spelling sux

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

Interesting you mention linguistics.

One of my major passions/hobbies is linguistics and etymology...particularly the histories, foundations and formation of our Reo.

Our kupu/words tend to be constructs. Combinations of numerous other kupu...which when combined convey an essence of meaning rather than a description or a name/title of a 'thing'.
By taking our kupu and examining the various separate kupu combined within you can often gain a much deeper understanding and appreciation of what the kupu is.

But - linguistics.
I spent a good few decades on and off researching etc the meaning within one whakatauki/saying in particular. When someone asks where you come from, some Maori might reply "No Hawaiiki nui, Hawaiiki roa, Hawaiiki pamamao" - "From the large Hawaiiki, the long Hawaiiki, the original/primordial source/birthing place Hawaiiki"

It's been a consuming passion of mine to try to track what/where that refers to...

Oh there are numerous theories as to where we came from - personally I believe *we* came here from multiple directions, countries, continents.
Who knows. Only the ones who actually made it here could say for sure...who knows how many other voyagers didn't make it.

But in tracking linguistics with a primary focus on the more 'primary words' that aren't contextually changable as such - like Male, Female, Sun, Moon, Day, Night, Life, Death etc...I've found some rather cool similarities in languages and those kupu from many different peoples around the globe...

Here's a wee kicker:
One of my many threads of investigation/research ended up in Egypt of all places. I started reading everything I could get my hands on, dig up, search out, beg borrow and steal on Egypt and Pyramids and relevant ancient cultures.

Low n behold I'm flicking through one book and come across this picture of some supposedly translated hieroglyphs. A few of the images/glyphs looked familiar. Checked their meaning - they were things like marriage, son, sun, water, old etc.

They looked very much like ta moko forms...and indeed I was sure that a few of those glyphs actually meant the same thing as our ta moko depiction (ta moko wasn't just a pretty picture - it was a *written* language too...)

Got a hold of an aunty who had researched, written and published a book on Ta Moko....sure enough those specific glyphs and specific ta moko forms meant the same thing...

Anyhoo...not wanting to go off topic here...

Would love to know more about people here prior...and certainly with a desire to honour their journey too, their people and histories.
All cultures are treasures - I think so anyway - and so rightly should be treasured.

edit on 29-1-2016 by alien because: Spelling again

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Linguistic studies have shown that all languages share hundreds of words with similar meanings and sounds. I always try to bear that in mind when someone new to the study makes a claim that "such and such group must have been in contact or originated from such and such group, because look, these ten words are very similar". I recall that Gaelic and Akkadian had 600 words like that,

As for the origin of the Maori

Evidence from archaeology, linguistics, and physical anthropology indicates that the first settlers came from east Polynesia and became the Māori. Language evolution studies and mitochondrial DNA evidence suggest that most Pacific populations originated from Taiwanese aborigines around 5,200 years ago (suggesting before migration from the Asian or Chinese mainland). These ancestors moved down through Southeast Asia and Indonesia

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SanitySearcher
Check this site out - *SNIP*

It covers a discovery of tall ones about to be revealed or something like that.

Wow, they are about to reveal a made up claim made by Martin Doutre
That's going to take some doing, seeing as the claim was completely debunked in 1996.

edit on 2/21/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: Removed quoted link

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Forgive me if I come off as ignorant, as I am relatively new to this site. But I have just recently been able to pull down and digitalize most of the Archaeological Reports that were taken at Waipoua, from the early 1980's, right through to 2004. As I was digitalizing them, I must say that I was studying them in some detail, and they never once mention the possibility of Pre-Maori civilizations (except for one area in one report where the New Zealand Forest Service [now known as DOC] thought it could be a possibility).

But if there is enough request for them, I'll be sure to upload them on a secure hosting site (although some of the reports consist of 200-3000 pages, while some only have 40 or so).

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LaraRaines
But if there is enough request for them, I'll be sure to upload them on a secure hosting site (although some of the reports consist of 200-3000 pages, while some only have 40 or so).

If you have the rights to these, student archaeologists and teachers would probably love to be able to access a site with the full reports! It can be annoying to try and find the blessed things when you're doing a paper.

On the other hand, if you don't have the rights to the publications, it's probably better to not offer them.

You said something about "pull down and digitize" - are they online somewhere or is this in a local library?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Good evening,

If anyone is still following this thread, I would like to know if there is any further updates on this topic. Also, does anyone have any factual information on how many of the Maori canoes left and how many arrived in NZ, and where they maybe now.
Regards.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: informme
Good evening,

If anyone is still following this thread, I would like to know if there is any further updates on this topic. Also, does anyone have any factual information on how many of the Maori canoes left and how many arrived in NZ, and where they maybe now.
Regards.

Read the last two pages

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk
Marduk does the oral history of native populations around the earth mean nothing? One can easily find articles from the late 19th century & early 20th century from newspapers at the time about large burial chambers being found in Ohio, Nevada, CA being excavated. Native populations across the globe have oral histories about exceptionally gargantuan humans who walked the earth. Are we only to believe the inculcated dogma of secular humanists & moral relativists? You seem quite assured of yourself. You remind of the battery of lawyers & scientists who told us smoking was “good” for us for 50 years, or that genetically modified food is benign(just like hybridization..lol) or that the earth is burning up as we float into the next little ice age. Can you produce photographs of other “naturally” occurring walls where nature produces symmetrical blocks & right angles such as these? It is quite odd that the Maori, Native American Indians & indigenous peoples around the world all have words and oral histories for red haired giants that ate themselves into extinction. Also that the Smithsonian had a fairly extensive history of investigating & recovering rather “large” human bones about 150 years ago. While dogmatic “educated” men like yourself say flatly people have only inhabited NZ a couple hundred years. On its’ face your arguments just don’t pass the smell test. Why would native people’s lie or make things up, what do they have to gain? On the contrary the only party that has anything to gain or lose would be dogmatic modern scientists.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingCoconut
Why would native people’s lie or make things up, what do they have to gain? On the contrary the only party that has anything to gain or lose would be dogmatic modern scientists.

Is it the native people lying, or those 'reporting' their stories? If you look at your topics of note through the lens of dis-enfranchising the Indigenous people, it all becomes clear.
And in case you haven't noticed, eager post-grads with actual evidence eventually trump 'dogmatic modern scientists'.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Man, this is a blast from the past. There was evidence the story was being pushed by the white power guys. They wanted to make a case that whites were indigenous so they could get on with segregating, or deporting, the rest of the population. It was like a Despicable Me plot.

Here's the post that details the conspiracy. They were some good times on ATS. It was standard to make detailed posts with links. I feel starry eyed with nostalgia.
edit on 9.14.2018 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: rapunzel222

Are you now an archaeologist? There are some people claiming to have fossilized human bone. In NZ that should be impossible right knowing how long the process takes?.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join