It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an ARCHAEOLOGICAL COVERUP going on in New Zealand?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Peoples, the Lord of Ring was filmed in New Zealand. This was to prepare us for disclosure. Need I say more? The writing is on the wall!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Found a post on here about this

www.nzcpr.com...

Don`t know if it`s any help.

P.s am new to this site+Posting so hope I got it right!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Very good article.

I do not understand why there is apparently a cover up or why the PTB's worldwide are censoring the history of the Tall People or giants living on Earth. Here is a site that shows all kinds of giants, and also quotes Genesis in the Bible saying the were giants on earth.

Genesis 6 GIANTS

What possible reason is there to NOT report this in history? Is there more to this than we know?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Here's an interview from Coast 2 Coast with Jonathan Gray. He covers a lifetime of research into Hidden Archaeology and Ooparts.

www.youtube.com...

He is a New Zealander and he talks about the coverup you mention including the involvement of the Smithsonian prior to the information being classified. Along this same thread is Micheal Cremo.

www.youtube.com...

Both are long interviews but I highly recommend listening to them. If the mis-interpretation and often total coverup of the real history of this world interests you then there is a wealth of knowledge presented to then go out and research further.

I could not agree more with many of the posts; this has to stop, we have been lied to basically about everything that we 'know'. The history of the true world we live in is much older and far more interesting than the one we are taught about in schools. Unfortuneately the truth comes into direct conflict with some of our much younger beliefs both religous & acedemic.

I find it very interesting that the Smithsonian is mentioned as being involved with these stories for 2 reasons:
First the Institute may contain far more information than is admitted. How much of this information has been quietly reviewed and then filed in the depths of thier vaults (roughly 140 million admitted artifacts).

Second, I saw an interview with a Smithsonian scientist/administrator and he said himself that as massive as thier collection may be, it is dwarved by the contents of the Vatican vaults. His personal estimate was that a full assault by a complete research team would take as much as 300 years to wade through the artifacts that have been collected over the last 2000 years.

This statement, the stories in the links and the long time standing orders given by the Vatican to missionairies show that the coverup is not a recent thing. The best 'recent' example of the Vatican's orders occured when the Spanish, with missionairies, receached South America and came into contact with the cultures there. The missionairies followed thier orders perfectly and destroyed virtually all documents and records that these people had maintained about their histories.

The official reason is always that it was done to stamp out the heathen beliefs to teach them Christian ones. It always interests me that part of the re-education has always involved erasing the long standing historical writtings along with the religous ones. I can understand somewhat destoying the religion, but I must wonder what the church knows about our real history that they specifically target any accounts of history where ever they may find them.

It is very interesting that these stories/events happen on the 'frontiers', places that haven't been pacified and re-educated. Where else would you expect to find them though? Over the centuries both the church and governments have either collected or destroyed all traces in the 'civilized' world.

Enjoy the interviews.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by [davinci]]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well that buckle is obviously Celtic

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/e3316a5a94a5fb3f.jpg[/atsimg]

Which makes sense. The Celts taught a lot of different peoples the crafts that were supposedly taught to the ancient new zealanders.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
I don't think any of us would appreciate someone digging up our deceased ancestors in the name of "science", no matter how interesting those ancestors might be. Why should the Maori be any different? It's just a desecration to dig up their ancestors.

Perhaps you didn't read the information but THESE ARE NOT MAORI, even the Maori have stated they are not part of their people, and that the governments can do whatever they want with them. That is the problem.

These people are like the Duatha De Danann of Eire (now known as Ireland). As in another species of humanoids not derived from humans.

I'm not seeing any serious conspiracy here, other than a belated sensitivity to the customs and sensibilities of the Maori. If they revere their dead, who are we to dig them up?

Because you did not read the information, apparently you made up your mind without reading anything.

As for the unusual sizes of these alleged bones - easy to say, when there's nothing to prove it wrong. You can say they had three heads and tentacles, or anything else you want. But, is it true? Or is it just an embellishment to a story of not allowing people to dig up other people's ancestors?

Again, before you start making up claim it is better if you read the information first, not just make up whatever you want without having read anything about this.

There have been similar account in other cultures throughout the Earth of species that were giants, and other that were dwarf races.

We KNOW FOR A FACT these races existed.

There is even the hobbit race that was discovered a couple years back and was made public. That was the first time one of these races was publicly acknowledged to have existed.

There were even attempts to dismiss the hobbit race, but new information actually gave more credence to the discovery.

Hobbits of Indonesia were different human species

Three old bones from a left wrist offer a new twist in the long running debate about the so called hobbits of Indonesia, suggesting they were indeed a small and different kind of human species, rather than modern humans with a growth disorder.

Three years ago, Prof Mike Morwood, of the University of New England, in Armidale, Australia, and colleagues made headlines worldwide when they announced the discovery of 18,000-year-old remains of Homo floresiensis in the Liang Bua Cave on the Indonesian island of Flores.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

A lot of people don't understand that the races depicted by Tolkien were gathered by him from ancient accounts from different human cultures depicting similar races as those in tolkien books.

The stories of fantasy that Tolkien created came from real stories of similar ancient races, and people.

The Elves of Tolkien were the Tuatha De Danann, who after a while dissapeared from the surface of Earth, supposedly into deep caves because of the invaders of Eire who were latter known to us as the Celts.

The Tuatha De Danann apparently came from lands to the north of Eire (Ireland) and they found different tribes of humans such as the Fir Bolg and the Fomorians.

The Tuatha De Danaan were suposedly magical people, and when they could not defeat the Milesians they retreated deep into the earth where supposedly there were gates into other dimensions. But then again the "other dimensions part is most probably just made up since i doubt anyone went after the Tuatha De Danaan. However there are accounts all over the world of races in large caves deep within the Earth.

The Tuatha De Danaan became the faery folk of the celts because of their supposed magical abilities, and these stories still exist today in Ireland but of course the stories ahve become more fiction than reality. Of course with the passage of time they became even more magical than they originally were.

As for giants, we have found many people who had a giant gene, and slowly through generations most of these people either died out, or mated with their smaller stature cousins.

Every culture and nation has similar stories of giants in ancient times.
www.stevequayle.com...

[edit on 8-8-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

You're not even a page into this thread and it's already obvious that you haven't read the preceding posts. LOL

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

I don't think any of us would appreciate someone digging up our deceased ancestors in the name of "science", no matter how interesting those ancestors might be. Why should the Maori be any different? It's just a desecration to dig up their ancestors.

Perhaps you didn't read the information but THESE ARE NOT MAORI, even the Maori have stated they are not part of their people, and that the governments can do whatever they want with them. That is the problem.

These people are like the Duatha De Dannan of Eiree (now known as Ireland).

Actually the giants in Celtic Myth were the Fomor. The came after of the Tuatha de Dannan.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

Not only him but ANY of the people who voted for his posts OBVIOUSLY did not read the information.

We are trying to deny ignorance, not embrace it, but it seems a lot of people don't understand the difference...

[edit on 8-8-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Actually the giants in Celtic Myth were the Fomor. The came after of the Tuatha de Dannan.

Where did I say that the Tuatha de Danann were giants?

I said they were suposed to be magical, not that they were giants.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Viewzone.com has some articles related to this topic which I found very interesting and disturbing several years ago. See the articles titled

A Phoenician Fortress and Furnace? (in Oklahoma USA)
www.mondovista.com...

Oklahoma Coverup!
www.mondovista.com...

Update: October 2001 _ More Evidence from Australia www.mondovista.com...

See Viewzone Magazine at www.viewzone.com... under the heading of Conspiracy Archives in the left most column.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Where did I say that the Tuatha de Danann were giants?

I said they were suposed to be magical, not that they were giants.

Sorry... when you said "these people" I thought you were referring to the same people the Maori were calling giants.

My bad, I thought you were linking the giants from the two cultures...

And I also have to mea culpa because Fomori came before tuatha de danann.

For the record...

Stages of Celtic history and their representations:

1. Before the deluge, Cessair, the primordial woman. First draft of the world and humanity.
2. After the deluge
3. First Invasion - Partholon. Re-creation. Materialism
4. Second Invasion - Nemed. Appearance of the Sacred. Spirituality
5. Third Invasion - Fir Bolg. Warriors, the upholding of Order
6. Fourth Invasion - Tuatha de Dannan. Gods. Druidism. Spiritual and material science.
7. Fifth Invasion - Sons of Milhead. Current Era. Application

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

Yes, i just listened to all 9 segments of "Hidden Discoveries", fascinating, to say the least. I need to buy his books, they all look extremely interesting.

Meanwhile, the conspiracy continues....

It's no wonder the corporate News Media hates us "conspirators", the truth hurts!

Thanks again for your fascinating and enlightening post!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It would be a shame if the New Zealand government is covering up a great arciheology find.WE already know that 18,000 years ago there was a dwarf race of ancient humans that were only 3-foot tall.www.washingtonpost.com... there were dwarf elephants and giant lizards also in the Jave area of the Pacific. And as far as the giants go i dont think enough people take them serious. There are alot of mysteries out there and and covering up something that has already been coverd up for thousands of years is a tragedy.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Politically correct archeology. Anything that doesn't fit the "Bad White Man" brutal invader paradigm is "Lost."

But if the Indians were so peaceful, then why did they all want to be warriors?

I guess in hindsight the original white inhabitants probably regretted welcoming the alien races into their country.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by SaraThustra]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SaraThustra

Actually the were usually ambitious to be great hunters.

The occasional great warriors were those that protected the tribes from renegades and bandits. Later their role was about fighting the European settlers.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
yeah, the great nasty white man is a favourite. White guys do bad things, and eventually tried to fix them.

Other peoples did bad things, and nobody cares and nobody expects them to fix nothing! Some guy rapes and pillages in another country, and it is because of something a white guy did that made him do it.

Some white psychos went out and found other people who thought like them, and they reaped havoc so that when other people came along everyone thinks that everyone who looks like those psychos and rich narcissists is to blame. I guarantee those guys won't have broken bread with any of MY kind no matter how white our skin might have been.

Gets old. It is also lazy - hey those people stand out!

Anyways, that's my rant about that - not much to do with this thread I know.

Not all the people have been DNA sampled. Caucasians are highly represented, and they still are finding surprises there. There are some main groups in NZ and Australia that have been sampled. That doesn't mean that they've gotten everyone. Nor does it preclude that caucasoids have Asian haplogroups. I do, and I assure you that I'm very white. So are the Ainu. And the lighter skinned Pashtun in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Making the assumption that what you see means that they were not caucasoid is a logical falacy. Particularly in mtDNA studies for warrior cultures.

I think part of the problem isn't that there is so much cover ups as that some things just don't fit. People are bunkered into their political / mythological stories and miss what they don't understand.

For example, archeologists studing nomadic cultures should probably have geography and herd migration related degrees. This only makes sense. But there isn't much cross over, so they can look right at something and never see it. They have a blind spot based on not having a the right eyes on the situation.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

These people are like the Duatha De Danann of Eire (now known as Ireland). As in another species of humanoids not derived from humans.

You mean the Tuatha de danann - people of the godess Danu - whom all evidence suggests were as human as you and

We KNOW FOR A FACT these races existed.

No. We don't.

Fact means we have absolute evidence. Not personal religious belief. Sorry, but that's how it is ....

There is even the hobbit race that was discovered a couple years back and was made public. That was the first time one of these races was publicly acknowledged to have existed.

If true (I suspect they are a seperate sub-species) it's no more remarkable than the existence of homo neanderthalis or homo erectus. More significantly, there is this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

a significant story which received little attention on ATS because I didn't spin an alien/ancient civilisation angle to it. Real science tends to get ignored.

A lot of people don't understand that the races depicted by Tolkien were gathered by him from ancient accounts from different human cultures depicting similar races as those in tolkien books.

Tolkien would agree that he used various mythologies - but please do not associate him with your religious beliefs.

The stories of fantasy that Tolkien created came from real stories of similar ancient races, and people.

No, they came from his imagination. Although he used Celtic, Scandinavian, Germanic and other mythologies as a basis for the characters in his story.

The Elves of Tolkien were the Tuatha De Danann

No they were not.

You might however like the Saga of the Exiles written by Julian May which puts an interseting new spin on various celtic myths and which I personally found a great story

Edit: Ireland is currently known as Eire
Or Eireann in the Scottish Highlands

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Essan]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

ElectricUniverse and HunkaHunka

Great information presented in this thread....
I don`t post much but just wanted to say... I enjoy reading your inputs to the threads.

The Tuatha Dé Danann were descended from Nemed, leader of a previous wave of inhabitants of Ireland. They came from four northern cities, Falias, Gorias, Murias and Finias, where they acquired their occult skills and attributes. They arrived in Ireland, on or about May 1 (the date of the festival of Beltaine), on dark clouds, although later versions rationalise this by saying they burned their ships to prevent retreat, and the "clouds" were the smoke produced.

Led by their king, Nuada, they fought the First Battle of Magh Tuiredh (Moytura), on the west coast, in which they defeated and displaced the native Fir Bolg, who then inhabited Ireland. In the battle, Nuada lost an arm to their champion, Sreng. Since he was no longer perfect, he could not continue as king and was replaced by the half-Fomorian Bres, who turned out to be a tyrant. The physician Dian Cecht replaced Nuada's arm with a working silver one and he was reinstated as king. However, Dian Cecht's son Miach was dissatisfied with the replacement so he recited the spell, "ault fri halt dí 7 féith fri féth" (joint to joint of it and sinew to sinew), which caused flesh to grow over the silver prosthesis over the course of nine days and nights.[7][8] However, in a fit of jealous rage Dian Cecht slew his own son. Because of Nuada's restoration as leader, Bres complained to his family and his father, Balor, king of the Fomorians.

The Tuatha Dé Danann then fought the Second Battle of Magh Tuiredh against the Fomorians. Nuada was killed by the Fomorian king Balor's poisonous eye, but Balor was killed himself by Lugh, the champion of the Tuatha Dé, who took over as king.

A third battle was fought against a subsequent wave of invaders, the Milesians, from the northwest of the Iberian Peninsula (present day Galicia and Northern Portugal), descendants of Míl Espáine (who are thought to represent the Goidelic Celts). The Milesians encountered three goddesses of the Tuatha Dé Danann, Ériu, Banba and Fodla, who asked that the island be named after them; Ériu is the origin of the modern name Éire, and Banba and Fodla are still sometimes used as poetic names for Ireland.

Their three husbands, Mac Cuill, Mac Cecht and Mac Gréine, who were kings of the Tuatha Dé Danann at that time, asked for a truce of three days, during which the Milesians would lie at anchor nine waves' distance from the shore. The Milesians complied, but the Tuatha Dé Danann created a magical storm in an attempt to drive them away. The Milesian poet Amergin calmed the sea with his verse, before his people landed and defeated the Tuatha Dé Danann at Tailtiu. When Amergin was called upon to divide the land between the Tuatha Dé Danann and his own people, he cleverly allotted the portion above ground to the Milesians and the portion underground to the Tuatha Dé Danann. The Tuatha Dé Danann were led underground into the Sidhe mounds by The Dagda.

The Tuatha Dé Danann fought against the witch Carman and her three sons. They are said to have brought chariots and druidry to Ireland.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join