It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian police accused of abuses & Indian call centres

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Police in India are guilty of widespread human rights violations, including beatings, torture and illegal killings, a new report alleges.

India has a long way to go...... much of the accepted culture appears to still be backwards & undisciplined compared to much of standards of western culture. Gunning down suspects because paperwork is too much hassle, and policewomen whipping a suspect.
WTF!! That's just crazy & wierd.

India runs a lot of our bloody call centres that used to be here in the UK. Even more call centre jobs are going to India later this year even though we're in a recession. I wouldn't mind so much because after all democracy and capitalism means private companies can employee people from whatever country they wish.

But I just can't ring my bank or mobile phone network operator anymore expecting a productive outcome, because every Indian call centre employee I've had to speak to either; doesn't understand english very well, isn't trained to do more than try and sell me something like insurance, and frustratingly after a very long call repeating myself several times they still don't do what I ask them to do even though it's something quite simple such as cancelling a voicemail service, and even when they've said "yes we have done that for you", they often haven't.

I've decided to just avoid ringing banks etc, and therefore avoid these Indian call centres altogether, and dealing with these services in other ways e.g. online banking. If these banks and mobile network companies are intending to reduce the number of people ringing them up and are trying to get people to use alternate methods or services to contact them, as well as making using of cheap Indian labour, then they are probably succeeding.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by john124]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Illegal killings?

As opposed to legal killings?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Whilst spending almost 4 months in india, I would say that this doesn't surprise me at all regarding the police.
That was 10 years ago, and obviously they have not changed.
Whilst there, I saw a man get beaten (he had stolen a wallet).The Indian police carry aroung long wooden poles, which I would not like to be at the end of!
It was common knowledge among back-packers to carry the sum of $100 US in small quantities, incase one has to bride their way out of trouble ( that is normally as easy as a police patsy claiming you attempted to buy drugs from them).

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
illegal killings....hmmmmm

anyway i wish they would break up the call centers, they keep calling my house and im fed up.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
That's just awful, what they're doing. who do they think they are, the Chicago Police?

top topics

join