It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones as the Joker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'm not sure who looks scairer Obama as the Joker or Alex Jones

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It's a shame that he is so easy to label as a nutjob. Stunts like this don't exactly help his cause either.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I have always thought of Alex as a bit of a clown. His remarks often are more emotion than well considered thought. We are lucky to have him to kick around though in my opinion. The clown can get away with saying things that would get more serious persons killed. Acting a buffoon is also something of a survival tactic. When you play the clown you can make fun of the current king without getting your head chopped off so to speak.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I gotta admit, Alex Jones looks bad ass with the Joker (Dark Knight-eque) make up going on. It really adds to the power of his words so to speak! Hahaha. Really made me smile.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Clip 2 - 5:29 - 'There are people who know about the people and decide to join it' (Puts his finger up at them on screen)

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Clip 1 - 5:45 - 'And you love it! You cheer him all the way, just like you Republicans cheered George W. Bush...Now that was a joker who didn't need any makeup"

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Paroxysm]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
New Alex Jones Joker Video

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kords21

I think Alex is willing to indirectly take the heat of the poster in
California by donning the guise himself to draw attention to the
massive theft and corruption that is going on.

Not many ppl will play the clown to try draw attention to the
thieves in nice clothes.

I commend his lack of ego in this regard to try to draw attention
to all the things that are going down in rapid fire succession.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Lack of ego? It is precisely his over inflated ego that drives him to display attention seeking stunts like this. He looks like an idiot, and no matter how important his message might be he will simply come across as a raving lunatic (even more than usual). This may very well come back to haunt him.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by quackers
Lack of ego? It is precisely his over inflated ego that drives him to display attention seeking stunts like this. He looks like an idiot, and no matter how important his message might be he will simply come across as a raving lunatic (even more than usual). This may very well come back to haunt him.

Most ppl think he is nuts for his stance on 911.

I do not think face paint is going to do any more than that.

I think alot of the Whigs around in 1776 thought the colonists were
nut jobs too.

So it goes...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'm not sure people do think that's why he's nuts. I think people think he's nuts because he's a loud mouthed, arrogant, fear monger. While some of what he says is undoubtedly truth, his persistent screaming tantrums, his total disregard for his guests added to his amazing abilities of exaggeration, well there is plenty to dislike about Jones without even getting started on the finer details of his arguments.

If anything people think he's a nut job, because he is a nut job, not because he believes 9/11 was an inside job and all that jazz. I've always been of the opinion that Jones does the" truth movement" a great disservice, as his over the top ranting and egomania overwhelm any truth he might be speaking and his ranting is seen as just that, some little man screaming like a banshee about secret societies and conspiracy theories, a lunatic. He'd be a far more viable source if he knew manners and rationality and didn't twist every single situation to fit his narrow minded view of this cesspit of a planet.

An example of Jonsitis;

Real story:

A scheme to offer help to troubled families is to be extended to an addition 20,000 families. The scheme involves placing families with severe problem with truancy, drug abuse and anti social behavior under consensual 24 hour cctv monitoring in order to gauge how the family deals with issues, advice is then given to the family on how better to deal with issues that arrise so they can learn to better cope with issues that have a detrimental effect on the family unit.

Jones takes:

Reported today in the London Somethingorother (everything is "London" paper in Jonesland). Its a friggin police state. New UK law lets the government put cctv in your house to watch you 24/7. Thats right folks 24 hour surveilence in your own home. Damn fascists. Mainstream media folks, you couldn't make it up.

Well, exagerating the truth is as good as making it up, but thats what Jones does. Sad thing is that we are all seen as being like Alex Jones, nut job conspiracy theorists who like to twist things to suit their conspiracy agenda.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers
I'm not sure people do think that's why he's nuts. I think people think he's nuts because he's a loud mouthed, arrogant, fear monger. While some of what he says is undoubtedly truth, his persistent screaming tantrums, his total disregard for his guests added to his amazing abilities of exaggeration, well there is plenty to dislike about Jones without even getting started on the finer details of his arguments.

Because if you are quiet and soft spoken everyone listens to you **cough** Dennis Kucinich**cough** and they never make fun of you ** cough** Ron Paul**cough**

If anything people think he's a nut job, because he is a nut job, not because he believes 9/11 was an inside job and all that jazz. I've always been of the opinion that Jones does the" truth movement" a great disservice, as his over the top ranting and egomania overwhelm any truth he might be speaking and his ranting is seen as just that, some little man screaming like a banshee about secret societies and conspiracy theories, a lunatic. He'd be a far more viable source if he knew manners and rationality and didn't twist every single situation to fit his narrow minded view of this cesspit of a planet.

We are long past the hour where trying to slowly coax people to the truth will work. Our brains only function in soundbytes. You have to have the Zach de la Rochas of this world screaming: WAKE UP. And even then people will wake up just long enough to chat over the water cooler with their friends about it, saying how angry they are and never actually do anything at all.

An example of Jonsitis;

Real story:

A scheme to offer help to troubled families is to be extended to an addition 20,000 families. The scheme involves placing families with severe problem with truancy, drug abuse and anti social behavior under consensual 24 hour cctv monitoring in order to gauge how the family deals with issues, advice is then given to the family on how better to deal with issues that arrise so they can learn to better cope with issues that have a detrimental effect on the family unit.

Jones takes:

Reported today in the London Somethingorother (everything is "London" paper in Jonesland). Its a friggin police state. New UK law lets the government put cctv in your house to watch you 24/7. Thats right folks 24 hour surveilence in your own home. Damn fascists. Mainstream media folks, you couldn't make it up.

Well, exagerating the truth is as good as making it up, but thats what Jones does. Sad thing is that we are all seen as being like Alex Jones, nut job conspiracy theorists who like to twist things to suit their conspiracy agenda.

But...it IS 24 hour surveillance. Whether or not you argue the motives, it is 24 hour surveillance by government officials. That is a slippery slope towards an abusive system where it is no longer an "offer" but mandatory in certain situations, then mandatory. If everyone was Jesus I'd be all "cool" with this crap, but we're not. We're selfish, we're bullies, we're programmed towards tribalism and herd mentality. We're also capable of being kind, of generosity, of fair play. I'm not saying we're not, but when you have cops tasering the crap out of people because they argued over a speeding ticket, don't tell me people won't abuse the camera in the home priviledge.

Historically, power corrupts. Name a time when it hasn't.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kords21

Personally I think The Joker should resent the comparison.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
ALEX JONES IS ONLY IN THIS FOR THE MONEY, CAN'T YOU SEE THAT?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Ya know what - I have some fundamental differences of belief with Alex Jones (religion being the main one) but - and I don't care how it makes me look - I think he's awesome! He's for real, he's woken a lot of people up, and he sure as hell wouldn't have been as successful at doing so if it weren't for his loud character. Rock on Mr Jones.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by chevs1
ALEX JONES IS ONLY IN THIS FOR THE MONEY, CAN'T YOU SEE THAT?

Can't YOU see that even if he is doing this for the money, he is at least spreading important information?

Bill O'Reilly is also "doing this for the money," but look at the crap he spews! At least Alex Jones is talking about important issues!

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Diplomat]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

If you accept his word he gives you valuable information.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

Awoken a lot of people you say? Well.....

"Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream, Neo? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? "
-Morpheus

Because from where I am sitting, you awoke from one dream and slipped into another.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

top topics

join