It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel 'would get tough' in any conflict with Lebanon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Israel 'would get tough' in any conflict with Lebanon

www.google.com

JERUSALEM — Israel's defence minister claimed on Thursday that the militant Lebanese Hezbollah group has stockpiled 40,000 rockets and warned the Jewish state would get tough in case of a conflict with Lebanon.

"We cannot accept that a neighbouring UN member state should have in its government representatives of a militia that has more than 40,000 rockets," Defence Minister Ehud Barak told Israeli public radio.

"If there is a conflict on our northern border, we will use all necessary force," he said.

"What happened in the second Lebanon war will not happen again ... at the tim
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

"If there is a conflict on our northern border, we will use all necessary force," he said.

"What happened in the second Lebanon war will not happen again ... at the time a message from the United States indicated we must spare Lebanon's infrastructure," the minister said.

Sounds like preparations are being made for war in Lebanon. Read thread earlier saying security briefing was held on Friday:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also a green light from the US, except to spare infrastructure.... does that also not include civilians?!!

Sounds like Israel will be fiercer & more aggressive in their response this time. Maybe they will try out their new bunker-busting bombs & whatever other new toys the US have sold to them.

"Hezbollah continues arming itself and we must ensure certain types of weapon should not enter Lebanon," Barak said.

This seems like to be the first phase in a larger war to prevent weapons from reaching Lebanon, and so this may mean Syria & Iran targets.

Doesn't Russia and maybe China also sell Syria & Iran weapons & components that are used in Hezbollah weaponry. I don't think Israel can stop Russia from selling weapons to whoever they want.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Doesn't Russia and maybe China also sell Syria & Iran weapons & components that are used in Hezbollah weaponry. I don't think Israel can stop Russia from selling weapons to whoever they want.

You hit the head on the nail.

Russia and China are itching to take out israel if nothing more than to show the US they are back.

Israel is a pawn in the ME, and will keep being used as one.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Well dont you think if Hamas decides to start launching missles over into Israel they dont deserve to be dealt with. I guess Israel should just sit there and take it or just go over and smack their hands and tell them no-no.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hang on,

Why is Israel allowed to stockpile weapons, point their missiles, use threatening rhetoric such as war and invasion and no one else has the right to? Does Israel have it's own set of 'special' laws?

I don't like any form of violence but this is just the pot calling the kettle black IMHO. There are two sides to every story.

IRM

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by john124

Well dont you think if Hamas decides to start launching missles over into Israel they dont deserve to be dealt with. I guess Israel should just sit there and take it or just go over and smack their hands and tell them no-no.

Well don't you think with israel sending out their bulletproof bulldozers each day taking down homes, buildings, and schools on land the UN says is not theirs, that they should be dealt with? I guess the Arabs should just sit there and take it or just go over and smack their hands and tell them no-no, even though it was the Romans that kicked the Jews out, not Arabs.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Wars happen more often than not when there is no diplomatic solution. There is no diplomatic solution here. Obama's middle east peace negotiations have failed, just like all previous attempts. Not really surprising! Both sides are locked in a seemingly endless loop of nonsensical violence, and when the Iranian regime collapses, Hezbollah will still get supplies from somebody else. Eventually this will lead a war so destructive that will wipe out both sides..... is this the one?

God forbid us if the US/UK ends up directly joining the fight.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by john124]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Israel getting "tough" is funny.

If they made the wrong move, there would be thousands of guerrilla fighters coming out of no where.

You can't defeat what doesn't expose itself.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Why didn't they "get tough" last time? Surely it wasn't because of world opinion about their last action in Lebanon? I'm just guessing, but I don't think Israel gives a damn about world opinion. My opinion is Israel is posturing. Or something is holding them back. I don't know what this is. But surely Israel could have devastated Lebanon a few years back and also, earlier this year, could have destoyed Gaza. But they didn't. So much for the genocide plans from Israel. They can't even commit genocide properly. lol. Just what is going on in that region? I'm serious. What just excactly is going on there? If Isreal is such a badass, what is holdiing them back? If the Arab nations that surround them are so tough, then just what is holding them back from overrunning Israel?

What is so valuable in Israel that the U.S. would support this upstart state?

Natural resources? What natural resources? The US has Kuwait and Iraq under control and influenced.

Hell, I am starting to consider the stargates and Jesus is coming soon ideas. lol.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

The reason they don't go all out is without the sympathy card, israel is gone.

The people of the world have had just about enough of israel, and if they couldn't go "aww, hey guys, look, they have rockets!", they would have ZERO support.

Without the Arabs, israel is lost.

Without the Batman, there is no Joker.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Hang on,

Why is Israel allowed to stockpile weapons, point their missiles, use threatening rhetoric such as war and invasion and no one else has the right to? Does Israel have it's own set of 'special' laws?

I don't like any form of violence but this is just the pot calling the kettle black IMHO. There are two sides to every story.

IRM

You, of course mean, the "RESPONSE" to 40,000 terrorist rockets and many terrorist troops on their border.

No country would allow that, knowing it means they "WILL" be attacked by the terrorists.

The situation is very simple.

The Hezbolla can be hero's to all by removing their rockets and troops from the border and defusing the situation
By removing both of these, Israel would no longer feel the need to remove them.

They can be the good guys preventing war, saving lives and infrastructure.

OR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They can be the murdering terrorists that have already started two devastating wars on Lebanon, and start another one.

The choice is theirs.

The ball is in their court.

Are they out to help save people, or are they out to start a third devastating war for Lebanon.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

You, of course, refer to structures and such that terrorists use to hide behind as they launch rockets and mortars @ Israel.

If makes perfect sense to remove their hiding places.

This leaves two choices, launch their terrorist attacks in the open or don't launch their terrorist attacks.

As a minor point, this is dealing with Gaza and the Hamas terrorists.

This post is about Hezbolla terrorists and their troops/rockets on Israelis border.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

That's really quite funny.

Israel will still have allies as long as they are around. Look at Turkey. Look at the Druze militias of Lebanon. The Druze openly criticize Hezbollah and even fight them when necessary. They fight the Hezbollah because when they fight someone attacking Israel, they're helping the Druze community in Israel. The IDF doesn't just have Jews in its ranks, they also have 'Alawi and Druze who willingly volunteer for military roles.

Hezbollah is screwed in the event that the Druze get a bunch of Israeli support in the same way that Hezbollah gets Iranian support. The main difference being that they won't terrorize innocent civilians or fight for backwards ideology.

top topics

join