It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is truely on the brink

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
A couple of comments.

We are in a depression with the dollar about to tank and we are in worst shape than in 1933 because we are hamstrung by minimum wage, taxes, EPA, OSHA and other regs so the multinational corporations are going elsewhere to build factories. The multinational corporations will go into a country and wipe out a whole industry of small businessmen. They have the deep pockets to do it. For example the grain cartel used tax subsidized grain sold in Mexico at below production cost to bankrupt farmers. Mexico lost 75% of their farms and corporations like Smithfield bought the land. Walmart is doing the same thing to small shops and supermarkets here in the USA.

Second Political Activists, EPA, and the proposed Cap and Trade hamstring our mining of natural resources and production of energy. We can NOT survive as a country with the only employment Government and flipping burgers. We must have some sort of manufacturing that produces real goods.

Our worse problem is education. Thanks to the pychobabble and no punishment laws we have a generation of workers with very poor work ethics. As a manger I have had to retrain or fire several of them. My husband's new boss said he fires 50% of the workers he hires!!!! On top of that the last generation is poorly educated.

... Over the last quarter-century, historians have by and large ceased writing about the role of ruling elites in the country's evolution. Or if they have taken up the subject, they have done so to argue against its salience for grasping the essentials of American political history. Yet there is something peculiar about this recent intellectual aversion, even if we accept as true the beliefs that democracy, social mobility, and economic dynamism have long inhibited the congealing of a ruling stratum. This aversion has coincided, after all, with one of the largest and fastest-growing disparities in the division of income and wealth in American history....Neglecting the powerful had not been characteristic of historical work before World War II. ” hnn.us...

Another source says:

...the U.S. ranks 21st out of 29 Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) countries in mathematics scores, with nearly one-quarter of students unable to solve the easiest level of questions...

.In 2000, 28 percent of all freshmen entering a degree-granting institution required remedial coursework

... Surveys of corporations consistently find that businesses are focused outside • the U.S. to recruit necessary talent. In a 2002 survey, 16 global corporations complained that American schools did not produce students with global skills. United States companies agreed. The survey found that 30 percent of large U.S. companies “believed they had failed to exploit fully their international business opportunities due to insufficient personnel with international skills.” One respondent to the survey even noted, “If I wanted to recruit people who are both technically skilled and culturally aware, I wouldn’t even waste time looking for them on U.S. college campuses.”

The economy is in deep doodoo and Washington DC continues to act like they have a credit card with no credit limit. The trashing of our Constitution is just icing on the cake. I truely believe Obama and the democrats in Congress are intentionally and with malice trying to destroy this nation.

It is time to yank hard on the leash of our Congress Critters. USE FAX! e-mails get deleted, mail gets filed in the round file and phone calls get ignored. FAX by law must be kept for seven years. Put the Congress Critters on notice and THEN go start picking out a new candidate and lobbying for him. Let the Congress critters Know you are replacing them if they continue to act irresponsibly. Let the new Congress Critters know they can and will be replaced. Also get rid of electronic voting machines that can be diddled.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Another good post on trying to bring americans back to "We the people"...like you Helious I too am in my 30's...and use to think our country was safe and free,until my eyes were opened.Our problem is like poison ivy...it will keep growing back until you find the main root and dig it up...so as i have posted in the other threads and will continue to do so until i run out of breath..we need to dig up the root...which is the federal reserve...and burn it...until we do that all our problems will remain.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Great post OP! S & F!

This is the brink, or the edge of the cliff. We all know it, here on ATS. That makes up for about 0.24% of the population of America.

What makes me sick, are the people who continue to live the "American Dream". Or, the people who talk about still achieving it. I loved the post about the "American Horror Story". Perfect metaphor.

reply to post by calihan_12

My girlfriend says the same thing about being positive. I agree, to a point. You must be thankful for what you have everyday. No matter what.

But: There are way too many things going wrong to be positive anymore. I'm no longer negative or positive; I woke up. There is no more time for emotions based on what I see/hear/or know.

This is what I told her. There comes a time where you have to wake up and smell the bullcrap. No more Mr. Niceguy. Take the blinders off and open you eyes to what has really been taking place for over 100 years. She fits right into society's scheme. Materialism. Its a hard habit to break. Thats what TPTB want, think positive, nothing's going wrong. They have control, i.e., they will fix the problem.

Well, in today's world, thats what it looks like most of my generation wants. Someone else to do all the work. Free, easy, money. Why fight the gov't? They will take care of it. That's bullcrap and we all know it.

Sick of it all. Im tired of people in my generation. Anyone born after 1980. I wish I could meet more people willing to fight and survive rather than be complacent and suffer. I can't meet anyone with my ideals around my town. A very select few. And they only care until they start partying again, then its back to the drawing board.

We are rapidly approaching a cut-off point. A point where we should cut-off the gov't and stop paying these unconstitutional taxes, bills, and reforms. A point where we give up our "money" and start surviving again. We don't NEED T.V., Media, Entertainment, or Money.
We are extremely capable of taking care of ourselves. IMHO, nobody that I talk to wants to give up any of their luxuries.

WE ARE SPOILED.

We can do this.
But it takes more than one town. It takes a multitude. A nation.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

I have the same problem with my friends and family there havok...no one wants to listen or understand...thats why i come here...to vent and to listen to like minded people...it sucks for us because we just want to focus on the chit happening behind the scenes...i feel like a loner at bars and parties because i could care less that mj died,i could care less what team won what game or there stats,i could care less what celeb got knocked up...but we (for now) have this site to expand ourselves and knoggins.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by consciousdrum

You get a star for that response. Its good to know I'm not alone.
I completely agree with your post.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
How do you talk to your friends and family without them looking at your TinFoil Hat?

They see that the economy is in shambles but most believe what the (silenced) media is saying.

My husband turns 65 in Oct and I am almost 64. We have our own business. We brought our son into the business so we could (semi) retire and live part time in EU (we have family in The Netherlands) and would love to be closer to them.

We saved and scrimped (have no idea how to spell that) over the years and Now it is all gone. The house was almost paid off - we now have a 2nd mortgage ETC ETC.

I have been researching and reading a lot lately - everything from 9/11 to Bilderburg Group - and how it all ties into the Same Thing.

I just found this site and Very Glad I did! I am thrilled to find like minded people where it is Okay to bounce ideas around without "The Tin Foil Hat".

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mappam

Welcome mappam...i recommend watching America:Freedom to fascism by aaron russo....great flick and opened up my eyes.No tin foil hat needed....TPTB dont care what we are thinking...they have an evil agenda to carry out.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

You are right about that, about half a million Americans will be running out of unemployment benefits in the coming months they will become destitute and homeless, while the government will play with the numbers as a good thing.

Still while the government is running out of benefits money, 9 million
Americans are receiving unemployment benefits today
, that figure doesn't include those that never qualify and those that are illegal immigrant workers.

So yes things are about to turn every ugly very soon.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
There are some very smart people on this site, a few maybe even genious. I know we all have a different point of view of politics and policy but I am pretty sure we all have one thing in common. The American Dream! Planning it, thinking about it, dreaming about it and end result living it. They are all different dreams but they are still everyones dream and everyone, every legal American citizen has that right to have one and to pursue one. That is their gift and their right for being an American citizen.

Do you think that a senator that has been in office for 50 years or more, even 20 years has you on the top of their list? No. They spend the first year campaigning and promising and then every day after they get elected trying t figure out how to stay in office no matter what!

Want a challenge folks?

Research the states that have the longest sitting senators, look at that state's history since they have been in office and then look at that states resources.

You want a conspiracy, well this may very well be the big one.

I need an honest attempt from any of you that wish to take a look at this and tell me what you think.

Then let me know what you all think about voting all of the congress and senate out of office next elections.

All sitting Congressmen and Senators, Vote them all out!

Eye of Eagle

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by consciousdrum

I can hear you my friend. The thing is though, I don't think our country is gonna be ours again until something bad happens. I can see the people on top with smiles and everyone saying the dow jones in the up swing but um.... I dunno.

Im in the gutters if you will every day and nobody from where I am at sees a better view of the sky than I do. Seems that there are people as of now that are saying those that don't dig with the health bill are..... Un Americans? Yeah, I think so.

Need to take another week or two before I say anything for sure but I will tell you that nothing is getting any better and despite what those in power would say, I at least feel..... It's getting a little worse.

It's not really a rally, it is all we have left as Americans. If we can't find common ground now and come together, well, I don't think we ever will and I don't know how much hope is left for use after they have seperated the people.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

And, well, we must all still be alive because im drunk. You can view the post above as proof and until they take our liquor, we still own at least our own reality!

God bless America!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join