It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is truely on the brink

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Yes, the title states the truth. There has not been a moment in American history since the Cuban missile crisis that Americans have been so scared, outraged and preparing for action.

Ill get the large question out of the way, I am not a Republican, I am not a Democrat and I am not a Libertarian. I am part of the Constitutional party, in that I believe that the Constitution is binding and is the law that all others are derived in our nation.

The founders of our nation had more wisdom on the subject of tyranny and freedom than any of us could ever know. Those of you who hear quotes that make you want to tip your cap or put your hand to your heart often come from the likes of Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, George Washington or Alexander Gram.

We have a tax system that uses the IRS as gestapo thugs to enforce collection in a mob like way from the people for the corrupt Federal Reserve. We have a President who is now encroaching on personal rights in such a way that it can not be compared with any other president in the entire history of the nation.

George W was bad, he was really bad, but the things he did to hurt the country he lied about, he felt the need to cover things up for a good reason. Why doesn't Obama feel the need to cover what he is doing up? What does he know that we don't?

I have been an American my whole life, 33 years, I remember Reagan and I remember that time in my life and I remember what I felt like, I felt safe and I felt like my POTUS cared about my country and about the people living in it. Before you judge, I also felt that way to some extent when Bill Clinton was in office.

I have never seen things this bad, I have never seen administrations doing the things that they are doing now. I have never seen people being asked to turn one another in, I have never seen the white house openly threaten groups of people or single persons through no uncertain terms.

I have never seen legislation pushed down the throat of the country on such a fevered pace without any thought or debate. I have never seen a free and democratic society reduced to fear and confusion because our government would rather have laws pass and enforced before we even know what they are.

This is the time if you haven't already to wake up. Republican or Democrat, independent or foreign. This is the time in our history that will define us all, understand that what we do now will determine history. The time is now, not in 10 years, not in 20 years. You must understand that the time is now.

I'm not saying to take up arms, I'm not saying to cause civil unrest. I'm asking each and every one of you to evaluate each day and each situation you read in the news, you see on the street or you hear about from a friend with due thought and process.

This is going to be the time that we either give up freedom or we fight for it. There are still many ways to fight for it without bloodshed but it must start now and it must start with ALL of us. Pay attention and keep your heads up.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

This is going to be the time that we either give up freedom or we fight for it. There are still many ways to fight for it without bloodshed but it must start now and it must start with ALL of us. Pay attention and keep your heads up.

I'd really like to hear these thoughts that don't include bloodshed.

Seriously. Your ideas?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I've seen it worse than now. I go back to the Vietnam War era. Whatever we're experiencing now is not nearly as bad as what was going on back then. We had most of the same problems we've got now. The IRS was the same bunch of thugs it has always been (and that tax collectors have always been. That Jesus talked to tax collectors was remarkable, because they were really bad thugs back then). We also all lived under the very real threat of a nuclear holocaust as the US and the Soviet Union kept struggling to arm themselves against what they saw as a dangerous, insane, unpredictable enemy.

Then, like now, we were embroiled in an unwinnable war. We were fighting "insurgents", who were basically freedom fighters trying to get an invading army out of their country. Just like now.

But we had some serious social unrest going on as well - riots in the streets, huge anti-war protests, brutal suppression of the protests that sometimes involved the use of deadly force, all kinds of stuff. Check out what happened during the Democratic Convention in Chicago. Kids rioting, the police going completely batspit crazy and viciously attacking everyone in sight.

In the meantime, we also had terrorists, usually American citizens who decided it was a good idea to kidnap people and blow things (and sometimes people) up, hijack airplanes to Cuba, and so on. We had a Presidential assassination, as well as the assassinations of Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King, Jr.

Sure it's bad now. But it's not the worst I've seen. And I can guarantee you, it's nowhere near as bad as some of our seniors remember, those who've lived through the Great Depression.

And I'm not saying that it couldn't get worse, maybe worse than anyone has ever seen. I'm just saying, we're not there yet.

As for freedom? We gave that up a long time ago. We've *been* giving it up, in the name of the "War on Drugs", and of "Security". We abandoned our freedom for the illusion of safety.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
My opinion only (and I'll get flamed) is that we are past the point of petitions, letters to congress, peaceful marches,etc.

Yep......the B word

How cool is that

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
I've seen it worse than now. I go back to the Vietnam War era. Whatever we're experiencing now is not nearly as bad as what was going on back then. We had most of the same problems we've got now. The IRS was the same bunch of thugs it has always been (and that tax collectors have always been. That Jesus talked to tax collectors was remarkable, because they were really bad thugs back then). We also all lived under the very real threat of a nuclear holocaust as the US and the Soviet Union kept struggling to arm themselves against what they saw as a dangerous, insane, unpredictable enemy.

Then, like now, we were embroiled in an unwinnable war. We were fighting "insurgents", who were basically freedom fighters trying to get an invading army out of their country. Just like now.

But we had some serious social unrest going on as well - riots in the streets, huge anti-war protests, brutal suppression of the protests that sometimes involved the use of deadly force, all kinds of stuff. Check out what happened during the Democratic Convention in Chicago. Kids rioting, the police going completely batspit crazy and viciously attacking everyone in sight.

In the meantime, we also had terrorists, usually American citizens who decided it was a good idea to kidnap people and blow things (and sometimes people) up, hijack airplanes to Cuba, and so on. We had a Presidential assassination, as well as the assassinations of Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King, Jr.

Sure it's bad now. But it's not the worst I've seen. And I can guarantee you, it's nowhere near as bad as some of our seniors remember, those who've lived through the Great Depression.

And I'm not saying that it couldn't get worse, maybe worse than anyone has ever seen. I'm just saying, we're not there yet.

As for freedom? We gave that up a long time ago. We've *been* giving it up, in the name of the "War on Drugs", and of "Security". We abandoned our freedom for the illusion of safety.

Great post

People need to remember also that today there's internet. Back in the Just As Bad Old Days, there was no internet, so They got away with stuff simply because the masses knew nothing about it. Knew nothing about the tens of thousands of Germans deliberately starved to death out in the open, on order of Eisenhower. Even today, after dozens of vets have unburdened their soul about their often unwilling participation in it, Americans still refuse to even consider it could have happened, let alone believe it. At the time, Hollywood was tossing out endless 'American Hero' movies for the cheering crowds to enjoy. And if not for internet, there would be dozens of similar movies about the War on Terror and the crowds would be as clueless as they were after WW2

[edit on 7-8-2009 by St Vaast]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

The way we avoid bloodshed at this point is to be unified as people of the United States of America. We must shed the label of D or R and realize that we are being played against each other like a comic puppet show.

Never before in this country has such straight forward and in your face tyranny been brought to bear by the American people in such little time. It is on purpose so we don't have time to act, so that we cause dissention within our own ranks while they continue to pass bogus laws and make it harder for anyone to have a voice or stand up for there freedom.

Hear me now when I say that this is a historic year in all of our lives. We will never be here again my friends. Yell out Bush, or whoever you dislike but know at the end of the day, the time is now, the center, the things to fear are here now and we must accept this even though it is hard.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Helious]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I have a solution. Create a lobbying group like the rest of em. The more members you have the more powerful you become and when election time rolls around they listen. Take the NRA for example. Start a membership to an organization which gives power to the people. The NRA stands mostly for a single issue but you could start an organization that stands for something else, what ever that grievance may be.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

They only true power right now in our nation is knowledge. This is a fact but a very short lived one. Those that know and are ready to fight are the minority. Those that do not know, are not ready to fight may be the reason we are defeated before there is even a ripple.

Many in the country are very ready to believe in domestic terrorism, if it is not on there doorstep, there block. If people are able to live there lives without violence in this country, they will. At least the ones who don't understand what it is to be free.

This is not talking down to people. All are different, some don't aspire to be free and that is fine, If you wish nothing more than to exist and live your life, there is nobody who can tell you that is wrong. No way of life is wrong, there is not wrong or right when it comes to peoples lives until you start to force things upon them.

I don't judge anyone and I know that what I fight and stand for is in reality a piece of paper. I also know, that piece of paper when I close my eyes means alot more than most can imagine to me. I see love, men and women in a free country loving, kissing eachother. I see brave soldiers dying for a country they love, making there parents proud.

I see good in the heart of the true patriotic American people. I see revolution on the wings, I see my countryman defeting tyranny. I see, the future.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

chiron, while I agree that the late '60's and early '70's were pretty bad, I don't think it was worse than now.

Difference being - we're on the brink of bankruptcy now. Our savings is gone. Our home values are gone. Our currency is ****. Our President is an idiot. Our Congress are completely delusional, and grow more delusional daily.

Yeah, we had the race thing going, and we had the kids protesting the war.

But this is the first time we've EVER seen the white, taxpaying, God-fearing folks getting really, really pissed.

And never in history have so many people armed up so quickly and so thoroughly.

The reason this scared the **** out of the Democrats is their structure. They always promise different things to different groups - to the Blacks, they say this, to get the elderly vote they say this, to get the Greenie nuts they promise something else, and on and on.

Like building blocks stacked on one another, they have a delicate coalition of very dissimilar voters.

NOW the elderly, the tax payers, and the independents are raising hell, and there went their structure.

I don't know who in hell is taking these polls that say Obama is just less than 50% approved, but they must be taking thier polls in union halls and ghettos.

2010, if we reach it, will be the proof of the mistake the Democrats are making.

And I really, really wonder if we'll make it to 2010 as a nation.

One tiny mistake, one miscalculation, one SEIU union legbreaker gets carried away with the protestors, and it may be all over but the shooting.

Just yesterday, pulled all my magazines, took them apart, cleaned and lubricated them, replaced all firing pins, and checked my other key supplies.

This is getting crazy.

The problem with being stupid? They don't know any better, they won't stop, and intelligent people have done some of the most stupid things conceivable as we all know.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by dooper]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Agree and well said

Our so called MSM has got this nation so dumbed-down it's pathetic

clean, lock, load

I too hope we all make to 2010

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

The problem with being stupid? They don't know any better, they won't stop, and intelligent people have done some of the most stupid things conceivable as we all know.

There is nothing worse then smart people acting irrationally and stupidly because their intelligence guides them into being doing stupid things smartly that will only escalate things even further.

If your predictions come true, then everybody needs to grab the flotation rafts located under their seats because it's going to get thick very quickly. It will get ugly very, very fast.

It isn't going to go like anything thinks it is going to go like.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Remember, the future is not that hard to predict. Man is nothing if not a loyal animal to the temptation of power and to the flesh.

The reason so many great minds in the science fiction field can predict the future like prophets is the simple bet that man will act as he always has. The masses will persecute the few to become "normal".

Those in power will wage a war to stay there and at the end of the day, power to man is everything. Short lived as it may be, it's the only thing those without a soul would seek to have in this world and therefore trumps what most of us are willing to give up in order to "get".

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Helious]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I agree.

It really isn't hard to predict what is going to happen. It isn't going to be pretty. The writing is on the wall and people are still refusing to wake up to what is going on.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

They only true power right now in our nation is knowledge. This is a fact but a very short lived one. Those that know and are ready to fight are the minority. Those that do not know, are not ready to fight may be the reason we are defeated before there is even a ripple.

Many in the country are very ready to believe in domestic terrorism, if it is not on there doorstep, there block. If people are able to live there lives without violence in this country, they will. At least the ones who don't understand what it is to be free.

This is not talking down to people. All are different, some don't aspire to be free and that is fine, If you wish nothing more than to exist and live your life, there is nobody who can tell you that is wrong. No way of life is wrong, there is not wrong or right when it comes to peoples lives until you start to force things upon them.

I don't judge anyone and I know that what I fight and stand for is in reality a piece of paper. I also know, that piece of paper when I close my eyes means alot more than most can imagine to me. I see love, men and women in a free country loving, kissing eachother. I see brave soldiers dying for a country they love, making there parents proud.

I see good in the heart of the true patriotic American people. I see revolution on the wings, I see my countryman defeting tyranny. I see, the future.

There really is power in numbers. One yellow jacket can make a 250 lbs. man run so just imagine a swarm. I remember a song that came out by Guns N Roses called, "Welcome to the Jungle". My first impression is welcome to America. We have been conditioned to think in a dog eat dog mentality instead of a hive mentality. We are to look out for number one and screw the other guy. A divided nation is a very easily manipulated one.

After 9/11 happened people had the hive mentality for a day or two. I remember being at a stop light in an intersection the next day and having the sense that everyone at that point was on the same frequency. I knew what they were thinking and they knew what I was thinking. It was strange but that is the hive mentality.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Your right, it is not hard.... For us. There are plenty of people in this world, in this country that can not see past what they are having for dinner this evening. They can't see past the raise they want at work or the neighbors dogs barking past nine.

See, those people that study history, the people that look to the sky, the people who care about things that are not just related to there OWN everyday lives can see plain as day things that will come to pass in a short amount of time because it is much like reading a familiar book.

When you educate yourself beyond your own existence and thirst for things that don't only pertain to you then you start to become more aware of the things around you. It can be a very lonely and desperate place.

Depression and despair can loom large in a world of knowledge and don't think to try to turn others close to you if you have not thought it out. People will laugh, some will turn away and deny you all together, they will treat you as a lepper.

Knowledge is power, and it is a disease. You must know when to evoke it or you risk dying from the very thing that will set you free.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Interesting theory, I felt that way also.

The up and coming false flag, much larger will surely galvanize the collective thinking

.................into what?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Absolutely. We're very close in age.

Unlike Obama, my dad really DID put me on HIS shoulders to watch the Apollo Moon Landing & Moon Walks, & their return ... on a 4" B&W TV that we had on top of the fridge. He stole my story; and still got story wrong.

Remember though, that Nixon was in office. The protesters were long haired, dope smokin, commie, hippy, pinko freaks.
Worst they could do is splash you with bong water and go back to sleep. BTW: We lived very close to downtown SF and Height & Ashbury. Areas of Golden Gate park were pretty groovy too.
As a kid it was a very groovy time. Although I didn't understand some of it... But I digress.

Groovy protesters painting their faces and pumped up on drugs is something even a housewife carrying a baby could take them out.

These protests today are way different. These are being conducted mostly by responsible adults (maybe some grew up involved with recreational drug using parents.) They are pissed; as seen in YouTube Videos and dissed in MSM. They probably have multiple weapons at home. Gibbs said Rush and other critics are "on thin ice"? Me thinks, that TPTB realize that they are on thin ice. Gibbs is nothing more than a weasel in a man suit.

I agree that we've seen worse times; I also believe that unless they introduce real change... as in changing their tune... it will easily become far worse than they ever expected. We'd be headed towards their worst case scenario that I'm sure they are prepared for in many ways; yet they want to keep any mess to a minimum.

I'm so glad that people are seeing through these weasels in human suits.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Worse times?

No jobs, homelessness, failed businesses, Govt. intervention on all aspects of life, the list goes on and on.

Add to that we have a governing body more concerned about votes than job one.

How can it get worse? Simple... stay the course......yes we can

no we won't

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by dooper

If your predictions come true, then everybody needs to grab the flotation rafts located under their seats because it's going to get thick very quickly. It will get ugly very, very fast.

It isn't going to go like anything thinks it is going to go like.

You are right here, and most ppl have not even been looking at the
the massive financial mess that is about unfold at the same time
on several fronts.

It has been confirmed by other news sources now that the
$134 billion in US bonds were likely real, and the japanese
men sneaking them around were likely japanese ministry of finance.

If that is true and they are trying to quietly dump them on the
market and other countries start doing it, we don't have long and
it is likely the trigger event for the Wall street journals mentioned
upcoming nationwide bank shutdown.

*** The two below say that the two japanese men stopped
with supposedly fake bonds were released...And if they
had been fake they would have broken the law and be
held on counterfeiting charges.
This says the japanese are dumping US bonds secretly
to get off the ship before it goes beneath the waves...

www.freerepublic.com...

market-ticker.denninger.net...

We saw a failure of the 5 year bond sale of T-bills.

Then the failure of the 7 year bond sale of T-bills.

*** Below says US foreign Embassys are being told to horde
1 years worth of non-US currency due to a possible
lengthy banking shutdown.

www.marketwatch.com...

Speaking of shutdown, 7 banks in one day went poof...

www.fdic.gov...

FDIC top level official says bank closures to increase 10 fold.

moneynews.newsmax.com...

I can see why she would say that with near 2,700 banks being
rated D+ or lower.

www.moneyandmarkets.com...

Over 1,000 Trillion in derivatives are set to implode.

theinternationalforecaster.com...

Once they monetize the debt and start printing money like mad
to buy our own debt up, they will devalue the currency and
turn the US into a modern day Zimbabwe.

They outline how this is likely to happen in these three videos.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

The tax revenues have dropped more than anytime since the Great Depression.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

34 million ppl on food stamps, more than ever before.

www.forbes.com...

Anyone of these is "not good" a few of them is very bad, but if all
of these happen in short time span it will be apocalyptic.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I must respectfully disagree with those who are saying it has been worse. No, it has not. And I can provide evidence to support my claim.

* During the Great Depression, Americans knew how to "survive". They could grow food, hunt, and, not bust any bubbles, do real work. No one, and I mean no one, could out work my granny God rest her soul!

* During the 60s, as some have already noted, the protesters were banal peaceniks who wanted no responsibility, free love, and peace. Granted there were occasions of violence but they were confined to urban areas and college campuses.

* During the Cold War Russia had the bomb, US had the bomb. And they both knew nuclear war was MAD! Now, we have rogue state and non state nukes (no proof of non state weapons but I think it is safe to assume that they are out there!).

* Racial tensions in the 60s and 70s was confined to Black vs White. Now, many in the US, myself included, are concerned with the growing number of illegal aliens that have been infiltrating our country for two decades.

* The economy, regardless of the green shoots, is toast. We have NEVER seen a deficit like this. We manufacture celebs and crappy cars. And unlike WWII, a major global conflict now would cripple us! Why? Because American is already in hock for the two Vietnam "insurgent" conflicts.

* And now my final thought, the hardest to prove or quantify. In no other time since the Civil War has the US been more divided along us vs them lines. Reds vs Blues, Anti Tax, Anti Illegal, Pro Abortion, etc. We have NO unify principles.

Now add the internet, the reemergence of the Red Bear, China, H1N1, and the fall of Gracie jiu-jitsu (teehee) and you've got a whole mess of crap that makes the previous crisis' look pale by comparison.

I am not trying to be a doomsayer just stating the historical context against current events.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by traderjack]

[edit on 8-8-2009 by traderjack]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join