It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin says Obama's health care plan is 'evil'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

No Comment

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by deadoralive

He says it will take a decade or even 15-20 years to eliminate private healthcare.

What the bill says is after 01/01/10, no new private health insurance plans will be written. When your current private health care plan expires you will be automatically enrolled in the government plan.

More smoke and mirrors.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Originally posted by daniel815
reply to post by RRconservative

We are all hurting right now because of the failure of the last 8 years... but don't worry, the economy is improving. Slowly but surely. Look at you 401k; that is my barometer.

Sure Bush ran up the deficit, when you run a war to keep us safe, Democrats got to have their cut to make it happen.

Bush ran up the debt and Obama promptly quadrupled it.

The economy is improved and we only spent 10% of the bailout money, which means it was going to improve anyway. The other 90% should be canceled right now.

It never ceases to amaze me when intelligent people actually believe there is any difference anymore in the two parties and that they actually have a choice.

Sir, Bush didn't run a war to keep us safe. His administration ran a war to keep themselves and their cronies wealthy. Guess who didn't take a hit from the crash? DOD contractors.

Obama didn't "quadruple" it. The first bailout occurred prior to Obama's election, therefore he can't be blamed for it. He can, however, be blamed for not keeping his promise to life the veil of secrecy, to repeal portions of the Patriot Act, and to protect middle America.

The fact is corporations, like people, were in debt. They also make money off of the people. That's economics. Had the bailout put thousands in our pockets we would either pay back our bills thus helping corporations, or spend it on BS items thus helping corporations. Putting the money in corporations pockets means they get to pay back some of their debt (not all of it) and still not create jobs, ergo no money going back into the economy. With no money in our hands (aside from that extra $40 bucks a month in tax break) to pump back into the economy, making the corporations still unstable and us all still shaky...

And this from mostly Ivy League graduates...or from our so-called capitalists on the right? There needs to be a "demand" for there to be a "supply". How can there be a demand when no one has money.

Neither the Republicans nor Democrats; no one has ever intended the middle and lower classes to have true economic relief. It is relief for their friends, it is so their friends businesses and banks can grow, so their friends rise to the top. This has never been about US. Never.

Lip service and freebies (firing a chef and/or an extra $1200 a year) are not action, they are an appeasement to make us go away.

You are being led down a merry path, my friend. You are no different than your liberal neighbor. Both of you want your children to grow up safe and happy. It is THEM and their propaganda machine that polarizes you so that no real national movement can occur.

Step out of the box and see what's going on.

God bless ya!

[edit on 9-8-2009 by A Fortiori]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

So, then King, my question to you is this, seeing I see this a lot on ATS:

If you believe all candidates are all fake, and that every media source is a lie, who would you want for President, and where do you go to get your news?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Local news is pretty good at covering stuff. You can also go directly to the source and see what bills are on the floor in congress. Its all funding. See what's funded or being funded and you know where their priorities lie. Also, C-Span is good. Boring, but good.

People are just too lazy. Everything has to be fed to us.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well, you're not King, so I'll await his answer, but fine, this is for you, since I guess you believe the same.

So, you say local news or go to the source.

So, what about a president? Who did you vote for, and if you can't vote, who did you want as President?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
Well, you're not King, so I'll await his answer, but fine, this is for you, since I guess you believe the same.

So, you say local news or go to the source.

So, what about a president? Who did you vote for, and if you can't vote, who did you want as President?

Honestly, in the beginning I organized Barak meetups because I liked that he was a community organizer and not a career politician. His speeches were articulate and motivational and since presidents actually have little power and are just the nation's front to the world I thought he was the best choice.

Slowly, the "outsider" began to look "insider" and to quote Alex Jones, the new boss is starting to look like the old boss. Whether he is "in" on it (whatever "it" is), or whether he is being guided indirectly (meaning they knew what he'd try and wanted to discredit his entire belief system by watching him fail)...I realize now that nothing will ever change unless EVERYTHING changes.

Now, I want Ron Paul. He is abrasive and yet polite. He has thoughtful plans, is able to stand up without getting nasty, and is not a cult of personality. He will also never win the presidential office.

I do write my congressman often with questions, I go read the bills, I listen to C-Span on the morning drive, and I pay attention to local news. I come to sites like this to hear all of the various opinions and engage in discourse. I do my best so at the end of the day I can say I tried.

I also pray a lot that other people will do the same and start participating in their own government. People always get the government they deserve. We should do more so we deserve more.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
So, you believe that politicians will become "career politicians," politicians that are "one and the same, no matter what party they're part of."

But, if Ron Paul were to become president, he wouldn't be that, correct?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
So, you believe that politicians will become "career politicians," politicians that are "one and the same, no matter what party they're part of."

But, if Ron Paul were to become president, he wouldn't be that, correct?

If his past voting record is any indication of his behavior, then I think we'd be pretty safe with him. He and Kucinich have always voted their hearts and their votes are consistent with what comes out of their mouths when their lips move.

However, he is a man small in stature, soft-spoken, believes the drug war is un-winnable, and is a strict Constitutionalist, so there is no chance of him becoming president. Kucinich looks like he could be a Keebler elf and believes in aliens....

Obama is handsome, tall, and compared to McCain looked like he was born this century. Of couse he was going to win. Bush was your baseball watching buddy, Clinton was the guy who'd admire women wearing Daisy Dukes with you, etc. We pick people who come across as fun and likeable.

So again, we get the government we deserve.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
LOL!

This is the guy you people want?

The same stuff that I hear people on here put Obama down for, about his alleged "racism," Ron Paul has done the same!

Ron Paul: Newsletter Controversy

HOW IS THAT BETTER?

You know what I think, Fortiori? I think it's easier to put down anyone if you're not in their shoes.

These days, everybody's a liar, to the people at least on here. Republicans, Democrats, Independents...

Believe me, I'm just as guilty. Why, I believe that all conservatives are idiots.

Rush Limbaugh's a pig.

Ann Coulter is on the rag.

O'Reilly has no brains.

In the same fashion, people on here say Obama's a racist, Pelosi's a fascist, and Clinton's a nutcase.

Do you really believe what you just said? Do you really believe that there's this one politician out there WHO HASN'T MADE ONE MISTAKE?

Who hasn't said something wrong, or did something wrong, or just was in the wrong spot at the wrong time?

TELL ME, DO YOU THINK IT MAY BE POSSIBLE?

Or is it possible they're only human, and like you and I, they make mistakes?

The luck for us is that we're able to put them down without worry.

Lucky us...

Lucky for us, ATS...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I tell you what my friend if with what we have seen and experience in this country after Bush and now Obama, if Sara is the best the Republicans can come out with, I have lost all hope for our nation.

We truly has lost control of our government.

Actually marg, i am starting to see a pattern, it doesn't matter who gets elected the opposition party and their minions will destroy them and destroy their reputation with lies and propaganda,

Now who benefits from this, nations that hate America.

What is really going on?

We Americans better wake up and smell the coffee, because things just aint what the seem.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

I don't like her. She's embarrassing to watch.

She's not dumb, she simply babels and goes off topic.

Fix that and I'm all for her.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Seriously?? A threat to the democrats?? You don't listen to democrats, then do you? She was considered a joke the day she was announced as a VP candidate, she was seen as a last ditch effort to make the republican party 'connect' with the people (hey, lets put a woman in there and put the brakes on Hillary!), and she was further proven to be intellectually inadequate for the job in simple interviews. Don't expect those things to be brushed under the carpet come time for another election. It won't happen. So, if she truly is the answer for the republican party in 2012, then you can count on a re-election of the administration that is in now.

Paz

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
So if you are 75 years old and are diagnosed with cancer, will you be guaranteed treatment under the government run health care plan?

If you can honestly say yes, you are either lying or totally brainwashed.

If you say no, then there must be a death panel.

If you say 75 is too old....well people live to be 100 more and more often....thanks to our current health care system. Is it up to government to take away 25 years of someones life?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Hello
Obama is an illegal President therefore no law signed under him is legal and we should imprison him for treason and all who are protecting him.

We were lied to the election was a sham. Throw him OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join