Originally posted by RRconservative
Originally posted by daniel815
reply to post by RRconservative
We are all hurting right now because of the failure of the last 8 years... but don't worry, the economy is improving. Slowly but surely. Look at you
401k; that is my barometer.
Sure Bush ran up the deficit, when you run a war to keep us safe, Democrats got to have their cut to make it happen.
Bush ran up the debt and Obama promptly quadrupled it.
The economy is improved and we only spent 10% of the bailout money, which means it was going to improve anyway. The other 90% should be canceled
It never ceases to amaze me when intelligent people actually believe there is any difference anymore in the two parties and that they actually have a
Sir, Bush didn't run a war to keep us safe. His administration ran a war to keep themselves and their cronies wealthy. Guess who didn't take a hit
from the crash? DOD contractors.
Obama didn't "quadruple" it. The first bailout occurred prior to Obama's election, therefore he can't be blamed for it. He can, however, be
blamed for not keeping his promise to life the veil of secrecy, to repeal portions of the Patriot Act, and to protect middle America.
The fact is corporations, like people, were in debt. They also make money off of the people. That's economics. Had the bailout put thousands in
our pockets we would either pay back our bills thus helping corporations, or spend it on BS items thus helping corporations. Putting the money in
corporations pockets means they get to pay back some of their debt (not all of it) and still not create jobs, ergo no money going back into the
economy. With no money in our hands (aside from that extra $40 bucks a month in tax break) to pump back into the economy, making the corporations
still unstable and us all still shaky...
And this from mostly Ivy League graduates...or from our so-called capitalists on the right? There needs to be a "demand" for there to be a
"supply". How can there be a demand when no one has money.
Neither the Republicans nor Democrats; no one has ever intended the middle and lower classes to have true economic relief. It is relief for their
friends, it is so their friends businesses and banks can grow, so their friends rise to the top. This has never been about US. Never.
Lip service and freebies (firing a chef and/or an extra $1200 a year) are not action, they are an appeasement to make us go away.
You are being led down a merry path, my friend. You are no different than your liberal neighbor. Both of you want your children to grow up safe and
happy. It is THEM and their propaganda machine that polarizes you so that no real national movement can occur.
Step out of the box and see what's going on.
God bless ya!
[edit on 9-8-2009 by A Fortiori]