It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin says Obama's health care plan is 'evil'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Sarah Palin is a transparent, self-serving, snake-oil salesman liar.

I pray she's the foolish right's 2012 candidate.

I pray...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

That someone is "likeable" does not qualify her for the presidency of the United States of America. Frankly, I completely agree with King's post. S&F for King if only I knew how to give an S&F for a post within a thread!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

The level of ignorance, selective memory, and downright disingenuousness on the part of Palin supporters and right wingers in general is deep indeed. Did you all forget what happened to this country under Bush/Cheney over the past eight years and the load of trash which Obama/Biden inherited from them?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
she's retarded, she couldn't lead a country to save her life.

oh, and she squandered tax payer money to pay for the remodeling of her house.

right, she's brilliant.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by km1550
Sarah Palin is a transparent, self-serving, snake-oil salesman liar.

I pray...

It will be Mitt Romney in 2012.
www.politico.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

King9072 _ How do I give stars and flags to your posts for your honesty in telling it like it is on these issues? I'm with you 100%. It is disturbing to read posts such as the OP and those who agree with him. When will people pull their head out and enjoy some fresh air and daylight?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Why They Really Want to Kill Off the Elderly and Disabled

www.economicpolicyjournal.com...

If the trust fund were filled with corporate bonds or bonds issued by foreign governments, the sale of trust fund assets would not have any effect on the Federal deficit. But because the trust fund contains nothing but Treasury IOUs, it will have an effect on the deficit. It will raise it.

This means that funds from general revenues must pay Medicare obligations this year. Problem: General revenues in fiscal 2009 are expected to be $1.8 trillion in the red...Part of that general fund deficit is covered by Social Security revenues (FICA). These revenues are paid into Social Security by employers and employees. Excess revenues after Social Security payouts are transferred to the Treasury in exchange for nonmarketable IOU's from the Treasury.

The increase in the debt for Social Security's trust fund does not appear on the on-budget debt of the U.S. government, i.e., the debt reported by the various government debt clocks. It is off-budget debt. The public is unaware of this.

This cookie jar is expected to be empty in 2017, as the Trustees report. But the recession is creating unemployment. Unemployed people do not pay FICA taxes. So, the 2017 date is optimistic. The cookie jar could be empty as early as 2013, according to Prof. Kent Smetters of the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School.

Smetters is an expert on the issue of the two programs' trust funds. His 2005 testimony before Congress on the off-budget unfunded liability -- $83 trillion -- is here (pdf).
Like Bernie Madoff's scam, the government's medicare/social security scam is about to be overloaded with money demands. The government won't be able to meet these demands given its current expenditures and income stream. Aside from printing money, the only option the government has is to cut expenditures. Got the picture? So where are they going to cut? The young that they can patch up and put back into the workforce, or those whose working days are over?

If you are no longer working, the government considers you a burden. You have already had your "good years". (Translation: "Good years" = Taxpaying years)

Hope you guys don't mind me posting this here.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This just in:

Sarah Palin just came out and claimed common sense is evil as well. Thank goodness she lacks it then ay?

Even though I'm not a huge fan of Obama's Health Care plan, it's not...evil. Palin is the most idiotic person I've seen in politics.

Her running for president? Horrifying. A hockey mom leading American? Prepare for complete censorship and dictatorship. That woman would make all of our lives HELL.

But she'll make those lonely Republican housewives though. They love their Fox News and Sarah Palin

Wish she hopped on a bridge to nowhere and kept on going. No one wants to see this woman as president. Ever.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Instead of focusing on inane comments by people like Palin, they should instead actually really focus on the heath care plan. Evil? Oh brother.

Our health care system is a laughable joke. I applaud any efforts to make it better. Unlike other (apparently) enlightened countries, healthcare here is all about making $$$, not actually doing what's in the best interest of the patient.

It's like the CC companies. They immediately made new laws to prevent them from continuing the extortion-like measures they take with raising your interest rates. I suppose that's "evil" too in some way, to some folks.

If some of you want to post up your own brilliant healthcare packages that you would implement, I'm sure we are all ears.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

Nice work endorsing and spreading ignorance. Do you people ever read and think about the articles and issues that you support before disseminating them throughout the web, the US, and the world on ATS?

The article you cite to contains the following statements which FactCheck.org has found to be false:

"The claim that the Democratic health care bills would encourage euthanasia has been circulating on the Internet for weeks and has been echoed by some Republican leaders. Democrats from Obama on down have dismissed it as a distortion. The nonpartisan group FactCheck.org, a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania says the claim is false."

"The allegation appears to be based on a provision of the House bill that would require Medicare to pay for end-of-life counseling sessions, on a voluntary basis, for beneficiaries who want the service. Medicare already covers hospice care. And legislation passed by Congress in 1990 requires that patients be asked if they have a living will."

"End of life services" are provided by thousands of hospitals and other institutions throughout the country and the world. It isn't euthenasia. It's a service through which the providers give counseling and comfort to those facing death and their loved ones.

I was just at a hospital three days ago for some out-patient diagnostic tests and was asked "do have a living will". It never occurred to me to think I was being asked to submit to euthenasia. LOL.

Palin just parrots what she hears and reads from others in her deep right wing camp. Haven't you noticed that this is her pattern? Better to start paying attention before you grab onto the handle of the hammer with the other right-wingnuts to drive the last nail into the coffin of the land of the free and the brave.

I'm tempted to call all of you who spread this ignorant stupidity a gaggle of *%&^$#!!!s. But I won't do that because it would be a violation of ATS T & C . Far be it from me to violate ATS rules. I have the deepest respect for ATS and its owners who provide this marvelous resource to members at no charge.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by km1550
Sarah Palin is a transparent...

I thought that was a good thing

self-serving...

Selling a jet provided to her for transportation? Or maybe it was firing the driver, but keeping the surburban so she could drive herself around...

How stupid is that? Whats she going to do, fly commercial to Washington?

snake-oil salesman liar.

When pooled among politicians, Palin is one of the least of these.

I pray...

Who does the silly left have?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well, what else is she going to say? Something profound? I don't think she's capable.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I have one question for all the Palin haters and Obama lovers. Would the US in in better hands if it was run like Alaska, or run like Chicago?

Also -there is a huge difference in the "free" healthcare in Europe and Canada and what the left wants. Read up on the bill - then please explain how it will be beneficial to the country as a whole.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Evil, in many cultures, is a broad term used to describe what is perceived as intentional negative moral acts or thoughts that are wrong, cruel, unjust, or selfish. Evil is usually contrasted with good, which describes acts that are kind, just, or selfless. In some religions, evil is an active force, often personified as an entity such as Satan or Ahriman.

en.wikipedia.org...

Does this not define some of the health care providers in 'Sicko'?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

DUDE, you fail at reading comprehension!
They are mad because she said that she would try and get them the bridge, and they did not get it.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hmmm . . . all I see are personal attacks on Palin.

Does anyone have any SUBSTANCE to add to the conversation?

Please tell me what exactly is wrong with her. Issues only. Let's see what you can come up with.

[edit on 8/8/2009 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by slicobacon

I don;t know, but the last 8 years under republican control were a complete disaster.
Wasn't it Lincoln who said the goverment should do what individuals by themselves can not. Was Lincoln a liberal? By the way, Alaska, before, during and after Palin survives from oil subsidies, a form a social welfare.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by Grayelf2009

The democrats are terrified of Sarah.
She connects with the American people.
The more the libs attack her, the more i think that she's the best
candidate in 2012. In the mean time she can help raise money for
the election in 2010. Lets win back the House and Senate and then
throw out Obama.
He is making it easy for us.
He is trying to throw old people under the bus with ObamaCare.
Maybe he forgot. Old people vote!

Terrified?

This Dem will be contributing to the Palin foundation so she becomes the frontrunner..I cant think of a better outcome. What a brilliant show that would be.
terrified would be someone like Romney...that would be actual competition...Palin? lololol...oh may the great sky ghost please make her run for POTUS in 12...with Rush Limbaugh as the VP pick...hahaa.
I would buy popcorn during those months as I watch any and all republican hopes and dreams go the way of the Whigs party.

And should they win...the movie Idocracy was not just a amusing comedy, it was a precognative warning.

Guns, God, and Apple Pie...yee-haw

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by daniel815
reply to post by slicobacon

Wasn't it Lincoln who said the goverment should do what individuals by themselves can not. Was Lincoln a liberal?

Lincoln was a Republican...the ideals of republicans back in the late 1800s are now basically the ideals of the Dems (give or take)...things sort of flipped around since then...so, even though technically he was a Rep, the Reps of the day were liberal Dems by our standards.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tatersalad
reply to post by king9072

all i can say to your hard words is this. ATLEAST SHE HAS A SPINE AND IS STANDING UP FOR UNJUST LAWS trying to be passed. sure dont see a whole lot of other people grabbing there manhood and doing anything about it. come to think about it what exactly are you doing about it, besides throwing anger and hate at people that are trying to make a differnece

owe maybe i am taking it all wrong maybe you are a obama cocktail drinker!!!

I am pretty sure what king is saying...no matter wich "party" you like, or vote for...they are all the same- being run by shadow government-- puppets...and you are arguing over and cheering about non- issues, that in the long run will not help anyone. we need to wake up- get rid of the corrupt system we are using now, get back to the constitution and more importantly to me anyway, is realise we are all in this together...we all should be on the same side. Black, white, red, yellow, Chinese, Japanese, Mexican, American, Indian, Eastern, Western...WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME PLANET. We need to come together as a race, and make a change for the better of HUMAN KIND! just my opinon, and I dont really know how to set this in motion, but this is what I think king is trying to convey! =)) peace!

[edit on 8-8-2009 by AKARonco]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join