It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin says Obama's health care plan is 'evil'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
Actually, Lemon Fresh, you're wrong.

Lawmakers deal with voters anger over 'pork'

People were actually angry, not supportive as you have them sound...

Actually, it said American's, not Alaskan's. And they got alot of the money anyways, but it was not enough.

Most Alaskan's supported it, and were upset that it was not built.

God forbid we listen to our constituents

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Alaskans are Americans. He's just putting them with everyone else.

Though, you know the motto for ATS: Deny Ignorance.

I've showed evidence that people are tired of wasteful spending.

Where is your evidence Alaskans supported the project?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

People are learning that she pandered to us by saying, I'm for this' ... and then when she found it was politically advantageous for her nationally, abruptly she starts using the very term that she said was insulting," Weinstein said.

Link

Obviously, if she pandered, they wanted it.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
And just tto give you some more info

www.safuto.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I'll give you that. But there are other things. Like using campaign money to buy expensive clothes... Look, I'm no bastion of morality here, I do know right from wrong as far as my experiences will allow. I believe she has been less than forthcoming about how she has dealt with that and other issues.

At the same time, I don't really care. If she runs in 2012 you can bet every penny you have that I will give her a fair chance, just like I did during the election. It was very difficult for me to reconcile what I saw of her with how she ran state government(aside from any ethics questions, she really did a good job). Seeing her in the debates made me dizzy. Her interviews made me dizzy and the fact that she blamed her lack of preparedness on media bias regardless of whether there was any, was just bad form.

She has a lot to learn.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Finding things politicians do wrong is the easy part, there is always a voice of opposition slamming them for one thing or another. The weakness of your list of Palins blunders compared to other politicians says alot.

The thing I like about Palin is she doesn't just talk about cutting spending, she walks the walk. Just this week congress gave themselves several new Gulfstream jets to travel in. One of the first things Palin did as governor was fire the chef used by the previous administration then she sold the jet purchased by the previous governor in order to cut spending. That shows integrity, something highly lacking in washington, and a genuine desire to cut spending, not just talk about it.

gov.state.ak.us...

Alaska Governor Sarah Palin (Sarah) has saved her state over $913,000 in expenses compared to her predecessor Frank Murkowski (Comparison, 2009). Sarah’s travel expenses added up to $212,537 for the entire time she has been in office for an average of $70,845.67 per year (Travel Expenses, 2009). Murkowski’s travel expenses averaged nearly $275,000 for each year he was in office and ballooned to well over $500,000 in his final year.

She passed a major tax increase on big oil, giving the money back to Alaskans in the form of checks for $1200. She cut propety taxes by 75% and eliminated personal property and business inventory taxes. Those are solid indications that she is for reducing taxes and cuts in spending, something almost everybody agrees is much needed in Washington today.

I don't agree with all her positions, but at least she demostrates the integrity to stand behind what shes says. We are constantly seeing politicians today just say what the people want to hear even if it contradicts what they said a week ago in a different part of the country. I am sick of politicains whose political compass changes only to pacify the crowd he is speaking to that day.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
I have said it before, she is a firecracker....I like her, reminds me of my aunt. Maybe her and Ron Paul should get together and have some coffee. I seen where another senator resigned . They are , the politicans are making there views very clear no matter weather it is good or bad. The leaders are starting to show their face. I like it. Lines are being drawn and it is heating up fast. Can't wait to do some spring cleaning. Here is the link

"http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_palin_health_care"

No offense because my father likes her, too, but...why can't a female who is intelligent and soft-spoken like Mr. Paul be his running mate instead of a barbie doll with an aggressive personality and no real grasp of the issues in specifics. I could hear someone talk about an issue and reply with a: That's stupid! It doesn't mean I have an alternative solution. In debate techniques it's called: Appeal to Ridicule and it's a "fallacy". She doesn't have answers she just has a hairstyle.

She reminds me of those armchair quarterbacks who call Tony Romo names when they couldn't throw a pass to save their lives.

Mr Paul has answers not just criticisms and snark.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by A Fortiori]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

Lol, do you think that's all that's on her?

I was just tired after writing that post, but really, I can go on if you want...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Dude, you're OWN LINK has evidence that people hated this, lol! This from the first paragraph!

Some of the folks in Ketchikan, Alaska — the city that the now infamous “Bridge to Nowhere” was to connect to Gravina Island — are not happy with Sarah Palin’s frequent lies about the issue.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, the chief health-care policy adviser to President Barack Hussein Obama, and (not coincidentily) the brother of Obama's chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel.

I just posted this under my culture of death topic

www.jeffhead.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
All I am reading is many off topic post, I was going to post this information, but people are to focused on Palin instead of the healthcare plan.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

reply to post by mhc_70

I was just tired after writing that post, but really, I can go on if you want...

You can produce lots of negative opinions about her, but how about facts?

The facts I presented are based on her actions. It doesn't take a leap of faith to see she will cut spending, even if it means lowering her own quality of lifestyle paid for by taxpayers, something that has been absent in both parties lately.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
All I am reading is many off topic post, I was going to post this information, but people are to focused on Palin instead of the healthcare plan.

I am guilty, my apologies. Just that there are tons of healthcare threads, this one discusses Palins view on the plan, so naturally her motivations have come into question.

At least with Palin you know exactly where she stands, not a sugar coated PC position to appease the masses.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by mhc_70]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

Yes, Obama is evil. Step away from him.

Please do this, I ask you nicely.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

You think obamacare will be free? How so?
I hope to vote for Sarah and possibly Rand Paul in 2012
IF we get to have an election that is ...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mhc_70

reply to post by mhc_70

You can produce lots of negative opinions about her, but how about facts?

The facts I presented are based on her actions. It doesn't take a leap of faith to see she will cut spending, even if it means lowering her own quality of lifestyle paid for by taxpayers, something that has been absent in both parties lately.

The state of Alaska, while large, is not highly populated. It does not have the problems of a state like Virginia, New York, or California. As governor she cut the expenses of the governor's office which is not hard to do. Essentially, it is like planting an organic garden at the White House and calling that progressive. Her state legislature, much like our Congress, passed those reforms, not her. Her state only had to deal with the issues of Alaska, an un-diverse (sorry) locale. It does not have the embedded boys club of Washington, it does not have to deal with other nations, it does not have to make moral decisions for America, it does not have its own currency, towns do not make their own individual laws which have to go head to head from time to time with state laws...in short, it was a cake walk compared to the Presidency.

Any outsider that wanted to make real change in Washington would have to be able to trick the insiders into doing their bidding, gain a consensus or enough of a voting majority to legislate, and have the respect of the world IF they could possibly make any real impact.

She's snarky, but not articulate. She's feisty, but not a bridge-builder. She's quick, but not knowledgeable. She cannot beat The Man at his own game. The best she can do is look good and inspire people. That's not a bad thing. She needs to know her role and play it, not be placed in a position where the "Peter Principle" can impact all of us negatively.

She is like that likable project manager who is promoted to program manager and screws up the entire department. Keep her on smaller projects and let her be successful.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Sure, yeah, we can keep her busy with smaller projects.

*Gives Palin a Rubik's cube.*

Have fun, Palin!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

"The more the libs attack her, the more i think that she's the best
candidate in 2012. In the mean time she can help raise money for
the election in 2010."

Are you serious? Palin as the leader of the free world...LOL...Thanks for that, I needed a laugh today.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Not American but it never ceases to amazing me how much hatred there is for this Palin woman. Never seen anything like it anywhere. What did she do? The likes of Hitler and Stalin are treated with more respect.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by A Fortiori

The state of Alaska, while large, is not highly populated. It does not have the problems of a state like Virginia, New York, or California. As governor she cut the expenses of the governor's office which is not hard to do. Essentially, it is like planting an organic garden at the White House and calling that progressive. Her state legislature, much like our Congress, passed those reforms, not her. Her state only had to deal with the issues of Alaska, an un-diverse (sorry) locale. It does not have the embedded boys club of Washington, it does not have to deal with other nations, it does not have to make moral decisions for America, it does not have its own currency, towns do not make their own individual laws which have to go head to head from time to time with state laws...in short, it was a cake walk compared to the Presidency.

....which completely misses the point.

Yeah its easy to cut spending, Palin is one of the few that has demonstrated the fortitude to actually do it. It was her choice to sell the jet and fire the chef, not the legislature. The reforms that were passed by the legislature were largely due to her support and not backing down to the normal bureaucratic policies. Besides, if you were to hold Obama to the same standard of experience, Palin comes out leaps and bounds ahead.

Any outsider that wanted to make real change in Washington would have to be able to trick the insiders into doing their bidding, gain a consensus or enough of a voting majority to legislate, and have the respect of the world IF they could possibly make any real impact.

She's snarky, but not articulate. She's feisty, but not a bridge-builder. She's quick, but not knowledgeable. She cannot beat The Man at his own game. The best she can do is look good and inspire people. That's not a bad thing. She needs to know her role and play it, not be placed in a position where the "Peter Principle" can impact all of us negatively.

Why don't you just say she doesn't meet the PC standard set by the left?

She is like that likable project manager who is promoted to program manager and screws up the entire department. Keep her on smaller projects and let her be successful.

I think you have her mixed up with Obama, except he screwed up the small projects too.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join