It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jackson insurance excluded ‘illicit’ drug use

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

It’s not clear if medications the pop star was taking would negate payout

LOS ANGELES - The insurance taken out on Michael Jackson for his London concert series does not cover cancellations if the pop star was found to have illegally possessed drugs or was involved in the “illicit taking of drugs,” according to a copy of the policy provided Friday to The Associated Press.

It was not immediately clear whether any medications Jackson was taking would negate a payout up to $17.5 million, which would ultimately benefit his estate.

Jackson’s doctor administered multiple sedatives along with the powerful anesthetic propofol, a potentially lethal combination, hours before the singer died June 25, a law enforcement official who requested anonymity because the death investigation is ongoing told the AP.

link

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This could spell disaster for those who wasnt to get rich off of this icons passage.

I hope its decided that his drug use was legal, so his kids get the money.

Insurance companies will go to any length to avoid a payout that has even a slight chance of not being needed.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I think because a Doctor adminstered the Drugs-then it shouldnt matter. If Jackson injected himself this would prolly be a diffrent case-but since there was a Doctor in was present that will help the estate (kids).

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
What in the hell does this have to do with the New World Order?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMaster
I think because a Doctor adminstered the Drugs-then it shouldnt matter. If Jackson injected himself this would prolly be a diffrent case-but since there was a Doctor in was present that will help the estate (kids).

Well you gotta remember that quite a lot of these drugs were prescribed in other peoples names... He had like 5 other names he was known to use, and there were also other things put in to members of his staffs names, and some friends I think - some of these people claim not to be aware of this until they were investigated.

If that is the case then the drugs were most certainly illegal since they have to be prescribed to the person, and taking someone elses prescription is illegal - and if his doctor was involved then all that means is that the doctor is complicit.

Good thing is though that Jacko seems to have had good lawers who negotiated that claws into the policy.... I have a feeling that it could be a fairly standard thing for people in the public to the scale Jacko was.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This will eat up millions in legal fees and take years. That is unless a settlement can be reached early on - which I doubt.

The insurance company is, of course, in a stronger position. A couple of well paid experts they can rely on would create enough doubt to get them off the hook.

A lot will depend on the judge, jurisdiction, sympathies.

Jackson's known history be major impact circumstantial evidence.

The upside for those holding the bag is his intellectual property assets and rights to everything he composed or ever recorded are worth vastly more now than they were a few weeks ago.

No way of predicting which way this will go. Except a bunch of lawyers will be much richer.

Mike

new topics

top topics

join