It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Skeptic Here

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Let me first say that I am not a conspiracy theorist. I am, in fact, a skeptic. I know lots of people don't take too kindly to skeptics, but I don't really care about that. Second, my views regarding conspiracy theories: I find that the "methodology" (if you can call it that) through which conspiracy theories are "supported" is, basically, ignorance. I cannot find a single logical foundation in any conspiracy theory. Third, it seems to me that many conspiracy theorists simply jump to conclusions without any evidence-based reasoning.

Anywho, those are my views. I have a high respect for logical thought and I'm willing to take a look at an apparently irrational phenomenon to see if I can find anything logical whatsoever.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by GenesisNemesis]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Hello, GenesisNemesis

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hello and good luck!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I need 20 posts to post in another thread/start a thread right? Can I just make 20 posts in this thread?

[edit on 7-8-2009 by GenesisNemesis]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GenesisNemesis

You can make 20 posts in here or on another thread, but you need 20 posts to make your own thread.

Welcome to ATS

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

20 posts to start your own thread. But you can post in any thread.

There's gotta be a forum you're interested in. On ATS or BTS. Just fire off a few posts and you'll reach 20 in no time.

Ex

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Welcome and Good Luck

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Excuse me, but I had to check. I thought you were my wife!

Seriously though, welcome to ATS. I hope you're view is broadened here. And we do need sceptics.

They keep us in line.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Welcome!

You are going to make things interesting around here. Hope you enjoy your time here and perhaps even learn a bit as there are intelligent, logical and wise posters on the board.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenesisNemesis
I need 20 posts to post in another thread/start a thread right? Can I just make 20 posts in this thread?

Sure, If you wanna join the ban wagon.

All joking aside, welcome aboard and welcome to ATS. Any questions feel free to ask

Peace & Love,
Scoobz

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Hi GenesisNemesis,

Let me guess, coincedences dont mean anything to you do they? I bet if unmarked things where stolen from your home and just by coincedence you neighbour aquired the exact same things at that time, it wouldnt be long until you started suspecting them. Lets say there was no proof, just your word againt theirs.....and the coincedences. You would suspect right?
There is so many coincedences (thousands) that surround the government that only a irrational person would not at least suspect them of being corrupt.
My experience with skeptics is that they dont even suspect, instead they believe what they want to belive because deep down they cant handle the truth. They just follow the herd because it feels safe.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hello GenesisNemesis, I hope you have a fun time here at ATS

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by andrewbates
Hi GenesisNemesis,

Let me guess, coincedences dont mean anything to you do they? I bet if unmarked things where stolen from your home and just by coincedence you neighbour aquired the exact same things at that time, it wouldnt be long until you started suspecting them. Lets say there was no proof, just your word againt theirs.....and the coincedences. You would suspect right?
There is so many coincedences (thousands) that surround the government that only a irrational person would not at least suspect them of being corrupt.

Throughout human history, governments have been corrupt. That's not to say it's right to be corrupt, but that it should not come as a surprise that a government is corrupt in one way or another. Many conspiracy theorists seem to be unnecessarily surprised.

Originally posted by andrewbatesMy experience with skeptics is that they dont even suspect, instead they believe what they want to belive because deep down they cant handle the truth. They just follow the herd because it feels safe.

Being a skeptic has nothing to do with following a herd. It has everything to do with following the evidence.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by GenesisNemesis]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

so you admit the government is corrupt even though theyre always trying to make us believe otherwise? hows that not a conspiracy? 'oh even though i know the system is corrupt i dont think theyre lying to us at ALL' you know thats some twisted logic, right? enjoy staying in the hole you've dug yourself. why don't you go look for some more facts on fox news instead? this is ats if you know what i mean. 'unnecessarily surprised'? someone had too much flouride in their water and forgot what oxymoron means.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by iknownothingiswear]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Hellooo,
I too am a 'skeptic', I think it's healthy to question everything. That is why I question the 'information' I am fed from all sources. That is also why I don't dismiss anybody's point-of-view, just because it is different from mine. Only an open mind can understand what open eyes see.
I hope you enjoy this site as much as I think I'm going to.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I find that there are 3 sorts of people in this world when it comes to conspiracy theories.
Those that look to a conspiracy for reason
Those that question and accept the possibility there maybe a conspiracy
lastly
Those that refuse to believe the possibility of a conspiracy

I personally am the second one

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by iknownothingiswear

so you admit the government is corrupt even though theyre always trying to make us believe otherwise? hows that not a conspiracy?

I'm sure some parts of the government is corrupt. They don't necessarily "make us believe otherwise". There most likely isn't a "Ministry of Truth" like in 1984.

Originally posted by iknownothingiswear'oh even though i know the system is corrupt i dont think theyre lying to us at ALL' you know thats some twisted logic, right?

I'm not saying "I don't think they're lying to us at all". I'm saying that just because parts of a government are corrupt, that doesn't mean that the entire government is lying to us. I do not think the entire government is corrupt.

Originally posted by iknownothingiswearenjoy staying in the hole you've dug yourself. why don't you go look for some more facts on fox news instead? this is ats if you know what i mean. 'unnecessarily surprised'? someone had too much flouride in their water and forgot what oxymoron means.

I don't think "unnecessarily surprised" is an oxymoron when following the evidence.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
you're just contradicting yourself over and over im not even gonna go into detail except to ignore you until you've grown some senses. dont try to romanticize yourself you're just an uneducated brainwashed dumb american like the rest of us except for the adjectives. and yes that is an oxymoron because theres no such thing as necessarily surprised.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hi there and welcome.

Skeptics are ALWAYS welcomed here. As a matter of fact all people with all view points are welcomed here and that is a part of what makes this site so great.

We have people who have so many different beliefs yet we are all ( for the most part) able to get along discuss and debate with intelligence civility and decorum.

I have a feeling you will fit right in.

Peace and love

GST

forum member and moderator

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
i hate pollution
period

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join