It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus died for us because.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Alright alright. That must have taken you awhile to write up and I really appreciate that response for now I know where you are coming from. I will also say I agree with you. Not on the sacrifice aspect of course but about forgiveness of the sins. But the thing is, we are never going to be blameless and that is a part of life. To live and to learn. Many people are genuine when they mean they are sorry. I am for starters. I still believe you have to acknowledge the father in order to enter Heaven. Do good works all you want to, I'll be happy you do. But I will not believe you can go to Heaven without acknowledging God. Everyone will bow. I have more of a relationship than a religion. I don't hijack religion like some do. I just go to Church, learn about how I can honor God in my life, and tithe. I take the scriptures seriously but they help me advance my spirit. There is more going on then you and I both will ever understand. Nice talking with you and if I seemed a bit rash in my previous posts, I am sorry. I'll add you as a friend. Have a great day and take care!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Well, as much as it is a bit difficult to move out of what I think about God, I will take into consideration what you are saying and pray heavily on it. I'm only 19 and I'm still learning but I just want to please the father. Do what He says. I'm still in effort of reading the Bible but I can honestly say, what I have uncovered thus far, on my own, has helped me considerably. What you are saying is a bit more out there than what I am used to. Not because others taught me, but because I'm weary of false info. I want to develop my own way. Not from anyone else. No offense. I understand where you are coming from and I am happy we had this conversation. Again, maybe God will have the grace to give me a vision one day. Until then, I will do my best to be genuine in forgiveness and learn about Him. I'm still on turn-tables about people not knowing the father and going to Heaven. I don't think you will ever convince me of that, sorry. But you have taught me a bit and for that I thank you. Have a great day and looking forward to conversing with you again. God Bless!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Water-tastes-good
Alright alright. That must have taken you awhile to write up and I really appreciate that response for now I know where you are coming from. I will also say I agree with you. Not on the sacrifice aspect of course but about forgiveness of the sins. But the thing is, we are never going to be blameless and that is a part of life. To live and to learn. Many people are genuine when they mean they are sorry. I am for starters. I still believe you have to acknowledge the father in order to enter Heaven. Do good works all you want to, I'll be happy you do. But I will not believe you can go to Heaven without acknowledging God. Everyone will bow. I have more of a relationship than a religion. I don't hijack religion like some do. I just go to Church, learn about how I can honor God in my life, and tithe. I take the scriptures seriously but they help me advance my spirit. There is more going on then you and I both will ever understand. Nice talking with you and if I seemed a bit rash in my previous posts, I am sorry. I'll add you as a friend. Have a great day and take care!!!

The commandments themselves are not that hard to keep. It's not about being perfect, but rather how you treat others. We all have our own faults and such to deal with, but the commandments themselves we can keep.

The difficulty is generally based on people not knowing any better. This is usually accompanied by a feeling of "justification".

It's not so much about acknowledging God, but rather finding him. And yes, that will have to happen before such is possible. However, what you have to be careful of is replacing that with something else. Isn't that what the anti-christ is all about? A replacement for God?

When you find the father, he will reward you and fill your treasures with understanding and wisdom. And he can only be found within.

Every man will think he is right - if we thought we were wrong, we would change our minds.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Water-tastes-good

Well, as much as it is a bit difficult to move out of what I think about God, I will take into consideration what you are saying and pray heavily on it. I'm only 19 and I'm still learning but I just want to please the father. Do what He says. I'm still in effort of reading the Bible but I can honestly say, what I have uncovered thus far, on my own, has helped me considerably. What you are saying is a bit more out there than what I am used to. Not because others taught me, but because I'm weary of false info. I want to develop my own way. Not from anyone else. No offense. I understand where you are coming from and I am happy we had this conversation. Again, maybe God will have the grace to give me a vision one day. Until then, I will do my best to be genuine in forgiveness and learn about Him. I'm still on turn-tables about people not knowing the father and going to Heaven. I don't think you will ever convince me of that, sorry. But you have taught me a bit and for that I thank you. Have a great day and looking forward to conversing with you again. God Bless!!!

In my experience the father will never tell you what to do. Instead, he will give you understanding and wisdom so that you will know what to do on your own.

I am of no authority, and the only true authority is found within you. Do not accept what I say as fact or truth. If for some odd reason you did, I would call you a fool. So I do not blame you for not accepting what I say. My experience is of course only good for me, no reason to settle for someone elses experience, so you are right in that.

Real truth and knowledge is understanding, and we on this earth can not give that to each other. It would be very nice if that were possible, and I could just give you my understanding, but only the father can do that. All I can do is express my understanding and maybe open some doors(can't walk through them for you though).

I highly recommend reading Proverbs 8 and 9, they will show you the way. Always go in the way of understanding.

Proverbs 8

1Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice?

2She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths.

3She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors.

4Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.

5O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Are people forgetting Jesus was part Human too, his mother was a Human, through the woman of her first sin came generations later Mary who had a Son who was sinless because he was also the on of God. He died on the cross, the element of the tree where both Adam and Eve took the fruite symbolised spiritually. He was the second Adam but he died and came back, something that Adam could not do nor anyone else. This victory gives Jesus authority untill he comes back a second time and untill the Jews recognise Christ, even when he was here he was rejected so he is just waiting for Israel and his fathers covanant with the Jews to come together while billions of other humans are born in which through faith will inherit heaven, the long term goal is much better that way ad it was the only way. His flesh is tied to ours when he was human, he could die but his father could bring him back through the spirit.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
There is absolutely no proof Jesus died for mine, or anyone elses sins

And even less proof that Adam and Eve and the garden of Eden existed.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
" there is no proof "

" and even less proof "

How can there be less proof than none?

which indicates to me LC my friend
that you have already made your mind up and are not open to his existence.

The proof is in the 12 apostles, the prophecies from the Old testament, the 2,000 years of saints who seen God face to face, my grandmother who seen God in her room during prayer.

and so to say that there is no proof is being disingenuis.

I could say that there is no proof for evolution which there isn't, mostly speculation.

anyways I still love you LC and will take your advice about dating.

peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join