It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Threatens Limbaugh Over Obama Criticism

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I didn't want to start a new thread, so I will tuck this in here

Chris Matthews: Strap Town Hall Protesters Down and Inject Them With Sodium Pentothal and See if They are Racists

Isn't this the thread where Beck was criticized for the poison comment?

check this out

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 073131p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Great find, SD.
I don't even know where to begin here. I think you could easily start a thread on this. Why don't you? There is so much disinformation in this 9 minute video, that I could write for hours on it.
Every sentence Matthew speaks is full of lies, hatred of middle class Americans and blue collar workers, and those that oppose Obama. According to hinm, such "uneducated" people are not capable of having opinions.
God, his words make my blood boil
Please start a thread on this. I'll certainly F & F it, and post to it.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

That sure was a disturbing video Stormdancer777! No wonder I gave away my TV.

Talk about an elitist that Matthews could barely hide his low oppinion of middle and rural Americans, and kept trying to forcably lead the people he was interviewing to espouse his same oppinions.

I for one have no problem having a black President, I have a huge problem with the idea that anyone opposed to a policy or policies of a black President if they happen to white are primarily opposed simply because he is black.

It's a deflectionary argument that attempts to dismiss credible objections, concerns and questions as simply being not vaild that is as shameless as it is disgusting and frankly if I were black and the President I would be insulted that so called credible journalists were theorizing actuall percentages along those lines.

That is the problem with these kind of so called news shows, that was 10 minutes of basically a conversation that three non-journalists might have in a bar over a drink talking about their perspectives on the world, but because it's on a News Show and the people engaging in this idle speculative chit chat are so called journalists some how it gets twisted into being official and credible news, which it is anything but.

The NPR guy kept trying to actually say what a lot of us are saying, there is no Bill finalized yet to debate, and Matthews and the woman just kept saying this is a lie that is a lie it's nothing like that, which is in itself a lie since there is no Bill to determine that it's not a lie.

It's repugnant, and shameful, and scandalous that this passes as journalism, that it passes as news, that people actually watch it and formulate oppinions based on it.

People really ought to wake up and give away their TV's if that's what it takes to keep morons and poison like this out of their lives.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Reading this thread has made me sadder and sadder. On this site, a site where open minded people come to discuss events and deny ignorance. We have all these partisan talking points being shouted back and forth.

If we can't have a civil discussion here, how in the world are people going to have a civil discussion elsewhere.

Have we lost all hope, can people not admit they could be wrong ?

It is a sad state of affairs we are in and I feel the President only adds fuel to the fire. He was supposed to unite us but it's becoming more apparent his goal is the exact opposite.

When will people realize they need to stop supporting individuals and start supporting this great nation. All the individuals are on the same team and even though they are greatly outnumbered they are beating us down daily.

Divide and Conquer. This thread is an example of their success.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Strictsum]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Strictsum

are you saying that we can trust our elected officials to do what's best for us, that we have nothing to fear in passing this bill and letting them work out the particulars?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Chris Matthews needs to join Susan Roesgan "on leave" that man is a waste of skin enough said!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

No, I didn't say that at all. I just think the issues should be discussed and people should stop supporting anything one side says. Some people agree with anything a person on the left says and some the right.

I think this bill needs a lot of work before it can be passed. How can that work possibly get done if no one is willing to listen. If everyone just shouts down the other the side or accuses the other of being nazi's.

All I'm saying is it is happening on this thread also. Arguing about each other instead of what's important. I have been guilty of this in the past myself but it's time to put it away before it's to late. If we can't come together now, then we will never be able to. Our chance will have come and gone.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

Couldn't agree more, to even think that Rush is even a topic among a younger generation is absolutely rediculous. The guys ideals are extremely biased and very very very old school. I may go as far to call him a bigot as well but then I'd be pulling the race card and that will just get me smeared by the republicans here. His audience does range at about over 60 and frankly they have a very warped view of politics in general. Keep up the good fight not many here will agree with you because they're mostly on the "right" side but whatever just goes to show the idiocracy of America.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Rush is on Thin Ice with the American people... at least the half that are actually using thier brains. I'm an American citizen and I'd love to never hear of this guy ever again, free speach or not Rush's tactics bread hate. Ever hear him talk about anything non-morbid on his talk show? I didn't think so.. actually how can we even make out what this guys saying, since his mouth is located between his fifth and sixth chin.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread - but th gist appears to be censorship by stealth - I think it is important to remember that this is a bi-partisan past time - remember that the deregulation of your entire media has placed tens of thousands of independent radio, tv and newspapers into the hands of less than 10 conglomerates with only four holding the vast majority - FOUR !

That is silence by stealth - four people, 4 CEO's control everything you hear and read and see -

Cast your mind back to the Republicans - and remember I am not even an American - and see what they did - how they silenced people : Michael Powell, Collins son was placed in charge and dergulated the industry and silenced critics with fines -

On October 26, 2004, Powell was being interviewed on KGO-AM radio in San Francisco when radio host Howard Stern called in and questioned Powell's credentials.[3] "How did you get your job?" Stern asked. "It is apparent to most of us in broadcasting that your father (Former Secretary of State Colin Powell) got you your job." Stern said that Powell has constantly fined his show, avoided Stern, and avoiding going to court with him. Stern urged Powell to stop his form of "racketeering" by blocking Viacom from buying new stations or renewing licenses of existing radio stations unless they pay up. "Fine after fine came and we tried to go to court with you to find out about obscenity and what your line was and whether our show was indecent, which I don't think it is," Stern said. Powell told Stern, "I don't think we have made any particular crusade of the Howard Stern show or you," Stern replied, "Yeah, OK, Michael, that's why I've received the largest fines in history." "Guys like me who came from nowhere out of nothing and worked their way up and committed themselves to broadcasting and making a career of broadcasting have to answer to you. And it is a question as to how you got to where you got to. And let's face it: You got to where you got to, you got to the head of the class the way George W. Bush got out of the draft." Stern accused Powell of not issuing fines for incidents involving people using profanity on the air while fining Viacom for Janet Jackson's Super Bowl incident. "I think that what you are doing is dangerous to free speech. I don't think just against me. I think things have gotten way out of control... I think it's a sad day, though, when the marketplace no longer determines what is indecent. I think that there's tremendous hypocrisy that you allow late at night with teenagers calling into Loveline talking about blatant sexual acts."

From Wiki - but anywhere on the net ...

en.wikipedia.org...(politician)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
That sure was a disturbing video Stormdancer777! No wonder I gave away my TV.

That is the problem with these kind of so called news shows, that was 10 minutes of basically a conversation that three non-journalists might have in a bar over a drink talking about their perspectives on the world, but because it's on a News Show and the people engaging in this idle speculative chit chat are so called journalists some how it gets twisted into being official and credible news, which it is anything but.

The NPR guy kept trying to actually say what a lot of us are saying,

Hi Proto,

First I agree with your assessment of Mr. Mathews. He comes off as a pompous rattle-trap. And I found him baiting the other 2 guests as well.

Secondly, you referred to the other 2 guests as "so called" journalists.
Well in fact they ARE JOURNALISTS. Quite distinguished IMO.

The female guest, Cynthia Tucker is a political columnist with The Atlanta Journal Constitution.

Bio: en.wikipedia.org...

The male guest is Ron Brownstein, Political Director for Atlantic Media.
(Authored some great books too!!!)

Bio: www.nndb.com...

Thirdly, NEITHER of the guests are affiliated directly by NPR as you casually inferred.

Perhaps as you mentioned you no longer own a TV and your powers of observation / recall have waned.

Just striving for clarity here.

I'm not sure how this relates to OP, Limbaugh etc. as it was just tossed in the mix here without context. Perhaps it needs it's own thread.

Regards. . . Kinda Kurious 2.0 (Kinder & Gentler.)

[edit on 10-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

Great find, SD.
I don't even know where to begin here. I think you could easily start a thread on this. Why don't you? There is so much disinformation in this 9 minute video, that I could write for hours on it.
Every sentence Matthew speaks is full of lies, hatred of middle class Americans and blue collar workers, and those that oppose Obama. According to hinm, such "uneducated" people are not capable of having opinions.

Well actually I think that's part of the problem

In the 2008 election it showed that an overwhelming percentage of the college educated voted for Obama. Which of course means that the overwhelming majority who voted for McCain were not college graduates.

And as Thomas Jefferson said "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."

[edit on 10-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

Great find, SD.

I would start a thread but it is painful, lol

The trolls attack me and not the message.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Interesting video by Chris Matthews. Chris Matthews is nothing more than a shill for a political party as are most of the commentators and media pundits including Rush Limbaugh.

I made this post earlier today on a thread titled..

"ATS has been invaded."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Racism as used by Chris Matthews and others is an attempt to perpetuate control by guilt politics. Guilt Politics is not a template which works on me and I get very tired of its poor performance methods used and misused by the body politic as a control mechanism. It is become very very Wolfie when one gets a grasp of how may are using it as a cottage industry to control others for votes and power. It works very well on those untutored and unawares of its goals in subtilty and control.

Chris Matthews is a shill for certain political parties. He too, like many others gets very tiring in his predictability.

On the other end of the spectrum we have Sean Hannity...who is also a shill for thier political party and also a Drama Queen like Chris Matthews stroking peoples emotions for control and power.

I am glad I have a remote controller when these two come on the television. I will do my own thinking for myself thank you. I dont like people who try to stroke my emotions for control over me. I call this emotion stroking technique ..political masterbation..or another word for it is a "Shakedown." Pardon the crudity but I find this method crude and insulting when someone tries to use it on me.

Racism, sexism, homophobia are three causes often used to extend guilt politics over a opposing viewpoint. It is very effective until one learns to think outside the box of what politics is trying to do to sell our very souls for power and control. The combined word to describe anyone who disagrees with these control mechanisms is the word "HATE." You are now a Hater if you disagree or offer a dissenting opinion and dont let these other views default through unchallanged or unquestioned. YOu are a hater , a nazi, or Hitler. All designed to invoke an emotional reaction..not a thinking process. Once you see enough of it it will beome predictable and tiring..and eventually disgusting in its predictability. No thinking involved...all stroking of the emotions.

Racism with this Administration and the shills who go to bat for them ...is a tailor made control mechanism and will become very very predictable in the future. Anyone who disapproves will be labeled a racist.

Very very very tiring and also Wolfie. The boy who cried wolf.

Watch how this works Stormdancer in view of the link I posted above.

Originally posted by NoJoker

Couldn't agree more, to even think that Rush is even a topic among a younger generation is absolutely rediculous. The guys ideals are extremely biased and very very very old school. I may go as far to call him a bigot as well but then I'd be pulling the race card and that will just get me smeared by the republicans here. His audience does range at about over 60 and frankly they have a very warped view of politics in general. Keep up the good fight not many here will agree with you because they're mostly on the "right" side but whatever just goes to show the idiocracy of America.

Rush is on Thin Ice with the American people... at least the half that are actually using thier brains. I'm an American citizen and I'd love to never hear of this guy ever again, free speach or not Rush's tactics bread hate. Ever hear him talk about anything non-morbid on his talk show? I didn't think so.. actually how can we even make out what this guys saying, since his mouth is located between his fifth and sixth chin.

Here we have age discrimination...the default is that opposing views are not encouraged and spoken about based on ones age...not the material or position one debates. Also anyone who show a diffrernt opinion or view is an idiot. Idiocy. Tolerance??? Love love love??? Is this the moral ethical high ground?? Or is it giving into ones "feelings/emotions" to default through as "IF" one automatically by default has the moral ethical high ground??

Also the textbook predictability of Hate....textbook and predictable of programming and conditioning. Someone elses beliefs..someone elses thoughts.. someone elses emotions...inserted for control.

Then the closing insult in the form of a physical deformity. This is pubescent and textbook. The only difference is that Chris Matthews looks initially more sophisticated but actually is not. Chris has the same kind of predictability..once you peel back the outer veneer and look underneath.
Hannity is the same..just different method.
This stuff quoted above is thin ice once the Light is put upon it.
More Americans need to know and be educated into spotting this type of cheap control template being used or misued on them. They need to learn to spot the predictability of it....everytime.!!
There are those of us out here...however few ...who are capable of seeing beyond these control mechanisms..to the hands pulling the striings...and we are tiring of it and teaching others to spot it for what it is.....Whoredom.
Political Whoredom. The selling, Bartering, trading of peoples souls for power..often using a phoney/counterfeit guilt template to accomplish thier goals.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 10-8-2009 by orangetom1999]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Thanks for the clarification on the journalists credentials in the interview.

The man made reference to an NPR Poll in his interview in a way that caused me to incorrectly assume he works for NPR.

Journalism is not what it used to be in my humble oppinion, I have seen the standards change drastically and dramatically in my life time.

They seem to have gone from a real Who, What, Why, When and Where just the facts and nothing but the facts to editorialists who spin the news with a public relations bent to it to the point they often sound like advertisers instead of journalists.

They still might get Awards, they still might be highly acclaimed by the people who don't remember or were never exposed to a much higher quality of professional journalism in years gone by, but a I do consider them to be more of paid spokes people, interpeting the news with a pre-determined angle as opposed to just pointing out accurately what has occured.

The man wisely said on the most loaded question "Sorry I won't go there".

In days gone by such oppinionated journalism was referred to as an Editorial it was usually reserved for the anchor at the end of there broadcast to summarize their own take on what they felt was the most important story of the day.

They put it forward as "Opinion" and not "News".

Much of what passes for news these days are really nothing but 'Talk Shows' like Johnny Carson, Oporah, or David Letterman but the guests are all so called 'Experts' often putting their own conjectures, political beliefs, spins and theories that are more conjecture, political beliefs, spins and theories than the few facts they disperse throughout and then interpet for the viewers in a deceptive format that causes the viewer to believe it's 'credible' news and not just 'oppinion' and 'chit chat'.

The problem I have with it, is it is leading to the highly polarized culture of left versus right that has become so uncivil in recent years as 24 hour news networks do nothing but bombard people with oppinion all day long.

Howard Kirsch is a journalist.

These people in my humble oppinion are psuedo celebrity corporate spokesman and advertisers and the endless lintany of oppinion they feed Americans night and day 24 hours a day under the guise of the News isn't News it really is brainwashing.

People like Rush Limbaugh of course add to the problem but at least such radio personalities promote their shows as 'talk and oppinion' and not 'news'.

Thanks friend for the clarification. I appologize to any and all that my poor rendering of their credentials might have caused confusion or displeasure.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

In the 2008 election it showed that an overwhelming percentage of the college educated voted for Obama. Which of course means that the overwhelming majority who voted for McCain were not college graduates. And as Thomas Jefferson said "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."

There you go again, twisting things.
For your information, ignorance and uneducated are two completely different things.

The fact that a person did not go to college does not imply that they are ignorant. In fact, some of the most brilliant people that are around today, and in the past, did not go to college, or get a degree. I doubt that anyone would call Bill Gates, a college dropout, ignorant. Others did not go to college because their financial or personal situation did not allow them to. My deceased parents did not go to college, because they both had to quit high school during the depression and work at menial jobs just to help their family EAT. I considered both of them very intelligent people.

On the other hand, going to college does not ensure intelligence. In fact, I can tell you that some of the faculty members at the college I taught at, were some of the most ignorant people I ever knew, even though they were "educated" for 4 years of undergrad and 4-5 years of grad school.

Perhaps if you wise up, and stop condemning people for the lack of education, even you would learn something. Of course, judging from your posts, I doubt that you will.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by observer
I think Pelosi used poor wording but I am pretty sure a picture is worth a 1000 words.

Thanks for the images. Now hopefully you are not in the shallow end of the brain pool along with pelosi not understanding that the people protesting with swastikas are not neo-nazis, they are saying that the democrats are acting like neo-nazis!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Chris Matthews and Rush Limbaugh deserve each other, and should be abandoned on a desert island to see if they can survive together - failing that, to see which one cannibalizes the other first

I have no time for any of these relentlessly partisan TV & radio bloviators, they're why I have pretty much entirely stopped watching TV news.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

You don't like Rush, fine. I quit listening to him years ago because I thought he had become shrill and repetitive - like Hannity has also become IMO.

That said, instead of advocating a form of unconstitutional censorship by having Limbaugh removed from the air, why not practice a little self-discipline and just not listen to him? Should conservatives also get to have Air America removed from the airwaves just because they don't like what is broadcast? Don't be hypocritical on this ...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join