It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Threatens Limbaugh Over Obama Criticism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

White House Threatens Limbaugh Over Obama Criticism

www.infowars.com

The White House struck back hard on Friday against conservative pundits and town hall protesters who have compared the President to Hitler and his policies to Nazism, saying that the critics are “on thin ice” and should “take that temperature down a bit.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-8-2009 by MOFreemason]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I just got through watching multiple YouTube videos from this week's townhall meetings from throughout the country. Violence is now starting to become the norm, a police state in ensuing, and the politicians are now beginning to avoid the citizens and a conversation entirely.

I'm fuming right now.

I'm assuming I'm not alone.

“I know the president feels strongly that we can discuss these issues without personally maligning… that we are doing so in a way that respects the dignity of each individual,” he said. “I think anytime you make references to what happened in Germany in the 30’s and 40’s, I think you are talking about an event that has no equivalent. And I think anytime anyone ventures to compare anything to that, they are on thin ice, and it is best not employed.”
www.infowars.com...

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Both the white house and media seem to have really ratcheted up the rhetoric against the American people. Its very disturbing. At least you can see why so many Americans bought guns and ammo.

+23 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I guess Ovomit was talking about Pelosi's comment regarding Nazi's right?

Oh, the irony and hypocrisy of Ovomit.

What are they going to do? I dare them to try and silence talk radio.
Go ahead and make my day.

This is really sickening to hear these sort of threats coming from the White House for crying out loud. It's pathetic, childish and sad, just sad.

[edit on 8/7/2009 by WhatTheory]

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

I for one who am also very angery about all the disinformation that is out there on the MSM fueling these problems, TPTB are the ones moving their pawns into play aganst everyday citizens who simply want to be heard but the true be known.

Our President doesn't want discusion, they want to pass their laws, bills and acts without our saying a word. That is not democtacy! What good is a discusion if they are going to pass this crap any ways.

Yes, Healthcare needs to be reformed but unitl they are on the same plan as the rest of all citizens then it is not reform, it is limited to what they will allow!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Limbaugh must always be taken with a grain of salt . . . but he is right on this one.

Edit: Token second line

[edit on 8/7/2009 by Lemon.Fresh]

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'd like to fully disclose that I do listen to Limbaugh. I have for years now. It started out , because I hated the man and everything I thought he stood for. Over the years, I've come to understand him a lot better.

As someone who has listened to him for years, I can tell you he wasn't being completely serious about the Obama logo/Nazi connection. He like many of us, was demonstrating a point. That we can throw the democrats tactics back at them. Hes done it for years and its very often misunderstood, or purposely spun by people in the MSM.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
So the president believes we can have a dialog on this? That's curious considering this:

www.youtube.com...

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
What is the government going to do?

I'm no fan of Rush, but he should have every right to say whatever he wants on the air. As long as people listen to him and he brings in the cash, he deserves to keep his job, and by the rights guaranteed us in the Constitution he should be allowed to say whatever he wants, no matter how outrageous (or stupid) it is.

I'm pretty sure the gestapo-esque tactics being employed by this administration to attempt to silence their opposition are not helping them avoid being compared to the Nazi's.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I've been listening to Rush since they turned my am country station to talk radio. They couldn't have listened to him because that is not what he said. I saw this tv reporter attact Savage on what he said about autistic childern. That's not what I heard him say. Are they just making it up or do they really have a hearing problem? If it is a hearing problem, let's put them under a gov't health care program and get them fixed up. Oh *snip*, pre-existing condition. Anyone want to start a fund? They can implant these really great hearing aids these days.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/8/2009 by maria_stardust]

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Bunch of Hypocritical scum.

So Rush "ought to be on thin ice", What does that mean? Care to explain Obama, Gibbs?

Where we you Gibbs and Obama when your useful idiot ilk were marching through the street holding up signs comparing Bush to Hitler?

You can dish it, but can't take it? Every time you say something like this and try to get people to rat out their friends only makes what would have been just a shock jock doing what he does best and making it real.

Freaking hypocrite.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
WE have to tell Obama and his cronies to either remember WHO they work for or get the hell out of D.C. Limbaugh can say what he wants when he wants and Obama can't do a damn thing about it. Free speech is after all a right here atleast for now.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Either Gibbs is speaking off the cuff and should be fired or he is really relaying Obamas thoughts.

I hope Rush runs with the Obama politc nazi thing. He doesn't care to ruffle a few feathers. It would nice to see someone go toe to toe with Obama.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This grows more disgusting by the day.

The true polarization of America has begun in earnest now and sadly will soon be beyond the point of reason or returning.

The best thing we can do is to make certain this kind of hypocritical double talk is exposed for all to see.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beach Bum
WE have to tell Obama and his cronies to either remember WHO they work for or get the hell out of D.C. Limbaugh can say what he wants when he wants and Obama can't do a damn thing about it. Free speech is after all a right here atleast for now.

LOL Rush should tell Obama that he is on thin ice and should bring the tempature down.

After all, who has the power to fire who?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I nominate Rams59lb to start a national fund drive for internal hearing aids for all TV reporters & all Gov't press secretaries. He can set it up in a money market fund tied to pay-pal and we can all talk up the contributions.

Who wants to start the national referendum to get it made a law and get it gov't funded?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Either Gibbs is speaking off the cuff and should be fired or he is really relaying Obamas thoughts.

I hope Rush runs with the Obama politc nazi thing. He doesn't care to ruffle a few feathers. It would nice to see someone go toe to toe with Obama.

Rush has a theory that he often repeats, "put a pile of crap in front of democrats and they'll step in it every time". Gibbs is the perfect example of this. The guy is the most bumbling moron I've ever seen in position.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Maybe we should just have some kool-aid and be happy pigeons

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The White house has no choice but to react to what Rush and others are saying. It is having deadly impact on their agenda.

Since taking office the Obama administration has tried in various ways to implement the "fairness doctrine" which would be their best opportunity to silence Rush and other broadcast voices of dissent. Make no mistake they are working hard on getting that done.

The problem isn't Rush or any of these right wing radio and television news entertainers... The problem is that the American people are waking up to what they are actually seeking to do with the government and ultimately to this country. They need something to focus blame on for the decline in their poll numbers and Rush is a great target.

Their agenda has exposed itself to the people, and many do not like it, and of course, it is all Rush Limbaugh's fault!

They should have pushed that vote through this time before the people had a chance to read it.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Here is the segment. Clearly, hes hitting back at Pelosi's statement and suggestions by the MSM/Democrats that these protesters are angry hate mobs. This is what Rush does. He often says that he, "Demonstrates absurdity, by being absurd".

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Wimbly]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join