It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autopsy: Cocaine a factor in Billy Mays' death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

(CNN) -- An autopsy report issued Friday by Hillsborough County, Florida, cites coc aine as a contributing factor in the death of TV pitchman Billy Mays, who died in June at age 50. "Mays died from a lethal arrhythmia of the heart caused by hypertensive and arteriosclerotic heart disease," the county said in a statement attributed to Dr. Leszek Chrostowski, the associate medical examiner who conducted the autopsy.

"He further concluded that coc aine use caused or contributed to the development of his heart disease, and therefore contributed to his death," it added.

The fact that toxicology tests detected only breakdown products of coc aine, not the drug itself, led Chrostowski to conclude that Mays had used coc aine "in the few days prior to death but not immediately prior to death."

link

[edit on 7-8-2009 by phi1618]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Well they think his heart attack was caused by this. First MJ and his supposed drug related death and now billy......smear campaign to further take our attention away from real news?

i mean it made front page on CNN....like there isnt anything more important going on now.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
No wonder he was always so jacked up and running around the tv screen trying to sell me oxyclean.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I wonder if he ever passed off his Cocaine Stash as Oxyclean when pulled over by a cop?

I mentioned this news article to a co-worker and their response was "Duh! Did you ever watch his infomercials? That guy was jacked up on something and it wasn't just Oxyclean."

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Why doesn't this shock me?

I could not stand watching this guy on television! I referred to him as the Oxymoron!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
That explains so much !!

Nobody can have that much energy naturally. I was always jealous of his energy, now I know how I to can have Mays type energy. If only he would have made infomercials for that product. I'm sure it would have flown off the shelves.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
How much would YOU pay for this bag of blow!?
But wait! Theres more!
Sorry, couldn't resist!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
How much would YOU pay for this bag of blow!?
But wait! Theres more!
Sorry, couldn't resist!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Ok, first of all no ... it doesn't explain everything.

All it says is that he had traces of the drug in his system, for all we know this was his first time.

Second of all, arrhythmia is a fickle thing that can pop up at any given moment, including in perfectly healthy athletes.

Thus causality cannot be absolutely established.

Having said that it probably didn't help.

What does however concern me a little is how some folk are quick to jump to demonize this guy.

I hope for your sake y'all time your death whilst wearing clean underwear, lest someone post that little detail on ATS and minimize all your other considerable achievements.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

All it says is that he had traces of the drug in his system, for all we know this was his first time.

Sorry, it only goes to show that even 1 time of this illegal narcotic can kill you, if you are suggesting he might have only done it once. Your statement does not increase my sympathy meter one bit.

What does however concern me a little is how some folk are quick to jump to demonize this guy.

Ok, I did say right up front I couldn't stand the guy. Probably because he was a little to demon like for my taste.

I hope for your sake y'all time your death whilst wearing clean underwear, lest someone post that little detail on ATS and minimize all your other considerable achievements.

Lauging once again. No, you didn't equate coc aine usage with dirty underwear, did you? Two quite completey different things!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I ask you Sir,

Would you have stated the same thing after Chris Farley's toxicology results came back?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

I'm not surprised at all. He freakin screamed in every one of his commercials...probably because he was all hopped up on coke !

new topics

top topics

join