It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AK's/Buttstocks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm Jus really curious here, that's all --The AK-74M's and 100 series all have folding plastic buttstocks ( even skeleton stock ones) So why do I sometimes see the AK-74M have the *S* if the AK-74M already, originally has one already? Or are they jus referring to the old plain ol AK-74 (then added the M/S)? (AKMS-74)

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Ohhhh c'mon -- No KALASHNIKOV Krazies here?

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
i don't know. probably cuz it was more convenient to carry.

P.S. did u really ask urself this or did u just want an excuse to say BUTTSTOCK?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hehe -- I'm not reallly sure

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Look for your answer at joeken firearms or, arsenal inc or......

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Mmm, d'ya have any linkies for those....?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
they should be easy to find I used my search feature to go there.......

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
~Hehe~, yer absolutely right -- found it here: www.joeken.net...

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
A buttstock is a buttstock...some of them fold and some of them are fixed...it just depends on the job at hand.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a buttstock is a buttstock of course of course,,,,reminds me of the mr ed song,,,lol
damn i forgot how the rest of the song goes!! but then again i was like 10yrs old back then,,,,

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hard Red
A buttstock is a buttstock...some of them fold and some of them are fixed...it just depends on the job at hand.

Exactly.

To answer the original poster's question: buttstocks are interchangeable and rarely affect the weapon's designation.

oh, unless you live in the USA and own a semiauto AK, then your stock had better be a thumbhole!

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by Amet Khan]

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
You can have a pistolgrip stock in the U.S.A. if there are 5 or six made in the U.S.A. parts on your gun and lack of bayonet lug, perm muzzle device etc.. I have never built one myself but, I will ask the most informed builder I know Lars Larson of A-A gunsmithing who just put a perm brake on my AR-15 (with a free float rail). Or you computer whizzes(not joking) can get the dope on the law....

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I love pistol grip buttstocks...especially on shotguns...they tickle my fancy

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bign
You can have a pistolgrip stock in the U.S.A. if there are 5 or six made in the U.S.A. parts on your gun and lack of bayonet lug, perm muzzle device etc.. I have never built one myself but, I will ask the most informed builder I know Lars Larson of A-A gunsmithing who just put a perm brake on my AR-15 (with a free float rail). Or you computer whizzes(not joking) can get the dope on the law....

Ok.... so if I read you correctly, there is some wiggle room in the law. I'm not into what qualifies as an "assault rifle" these days. All I heard was that non-FFL-holders can't have AKs with pistol grips, but maybe that's not true. It seems weird, cause there are plenty of people with pistol grip AR-15s with bayonet lugs and all that jazz.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Haven't been here in a while sorry for the delay. I own several assault types, ar15,ak47,g3,m1a, and I have pistol grips on three of them. You must have a sufficient number of USA parts and none of mine have bayonet lugs. I see all kinds for sale everywhere. What state do you live in? I'm in AZ. All also have permanently attatched muzzle brakes too. Though, the hottest one is the one without pistol grip-----M1A, gun makes me look better than any other gun I have. Check out ARSENAL INC and JOEKEN FIREARMS and ROBINSON ARMAMENT for killer AK's in US..

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by bign]

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by bign]

new topics

top topics

join