It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check Fraud - write checks with Uni-Ball 207 ink pen ONLY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
www.youtube.com:80...

this is a demonstration of the fraud and how to avoid being a victim..

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Was that an infomercial for OxyClean sans Billy Mays or an infomercial for Bic?

Do people write checks anymore? I thought those that didn't use Cash used Debit/Credit Cards, and those that still used checks used printed checks, not written checks. This almost seems anachronistic in this day and age. I don't even think my grandmother has put a written check in my Birthday Card for the past two decades, sending Gift Cards instead. If grandma ain't writing checks, then who the heck still is? Gen X, Y and Z certainly aren't.

Very kewl nevertheless though.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I still write checks.
I use a Sharpie Pemanent Marker with a fine point. The ink bleeds thru the paper.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken ( I could well be) in England it's legal to write a cheque on anything you want... I'm sure I read a book that had a bit about a guy who wrote a cheque on the side of a cow!!

EDIT: According to Snopes (never heard of it) it's a lie about the cow www.snopes.com...

[edit on 7-8-2009 by and14263]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Any permanent ink pen will do.
This is a simple marketing technique and you falled for it.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

If you want to find someone who writes checks, just find me in a store. The person in front of me will write a check, and they'll wait until they are given the total to even start filling it out.

I mean really people, if your gonna use a check then prepare it before you go, lol

top topics

join