It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO - "STRANGE DISEASE PLAGUES KIBWEZI"-(disturbing pix warning)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The clip actually covers two different disease outbreaks.

The first one is the one that catches my interest.

That is some weird baroque (not to be mean- it's hard to describe) looking skin texture, like on that leg around 15 seconds, and then later that standing man's arm.

What do you folks, many with relevant expertise, think it could be, I wonder? I don't even have a guess.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
They might be guinea pigs for Monsanto's new line of genetically modified crops. Monsanto creates crops that produce their own pesticides. These people might be receiving crops that are rejected by our own FDA/USDA. We send them our electronic waste full of toxins I don't see why we don't send them our food full of toxins. These government agencies are in bed with corporate America. As you can tell I don't like Monsanto.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Got a link without a video?

Videos are easy to fake and it's hard to diagnose things seen on a grainy video. Do you have any other sources?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Star, and Flag to the OP.

OMG!!! That's horrible. I'm terribly alergic to poison ivy, and can only begin to imagine what those folk are going through.

You might want to check out the current thread about DNA gathering.

I am of the opinion one reason for DNA gathering is for race, or specific DNA diseases, and viruses.

It seems like Africa, and the people there of, have had plague after plague, and it seems like the Elite are very possibly trying to erradicate them as scurge. It's really sad, but considering the amount of diseases, or accidental doses of killer vaccines there, I think that's what's going on.

The bright side of the story is, I don't think the Elite expected this beautiful thing we call the Internet to take off like it has.

Great work

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

I do agree Monsanto is doing things that are probably bad for me GMO-wise.
I'll google Monsanto Northern Kenya and see if they been gifting away some canola oil or like that lately.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
First thought was nutritional deficiency. The guy at :36 has some major weight loss, pointing to nutritional deficiency. A lack of vitamins, even though it seems so simple, can do similar things if prolonged. Could be a lack of vitamin A, which can cause rough and dry skin. Of course, being that they are so malnourished, its a lot more severe than what we would consider "dry skin".

Even on this map from Wikipedia, you can see Kenya is one of many African countries that have high rates of Vitamin A deficiency.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Sure, it *could* be Monsanto genetically modified crops, but the odds are it's one of the thousands of diseases that arise in places where clean water, adequate nutrition, pest control, sewerage, public health efforts, and medical treatment are almost nonexistent. I'm going with the unhealthy environment and lack of basic services.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Got a link without a video?

Videos are easy to fake and it's hard to diagnose things seen on a grainy video. Do you have any other sources?

Not yet.
I got the video cause I subscribe on youtube to the NTVKenya channel, so I get all (or lots anyway) of their news output. I recognize the reporter lady's voice, she's as usual, and the rest of the piece seems consistent with the usual NTV production mannerisms...(I've probably watched a 100 clips in total, over a few months).
NTV seems like the major Kenyan TV outfit (or at least A major one, I don't know the market share).
I'm thinking it's less likely to be fake because it was just in the usual NTV output in my inbox...I didn't find it in some place where particular attention was being drawn to it...

And this is my only source...a half hour ago was the first I heard of this...looking starts now....

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

Monsanto does have an office in Nairobi, just the one, seemingly.
Here's a link to what appears to be a reposted press release from Monsanto (at face value anyways) to the effect that while Monsanto is pushing their hybrid corn heavily in Kenya, it's made the old-fashioned way through selective breeding and is not GMO...But it seems to be a year old, so, that could have changed...It mentions vegetable seeds as well, but it doesn't say which vegetables, and the vegetables are not getting the emphasized GMO-free denials the corn is getting, in this text anyway.
Reply on Monsanto seed varieties
So, your hypothesis MONSANTO DID IT is not yet ruled out. I'm actually a little surprised they have a promotion going on in Kenya. I wonder if they grow corn around Kibwezi, and then if the harvesting-corn-eating time coincides with the onset of the symptoms...and...hmmm
With no evidence my thinking is trending toward some kind of fungus, like that "valley fever", but that's just ignorant speculation for no reason...usually you have to have weak immunity before a fungus can get over much on a mammal, I believe...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
From kenyapolitical.blogspot.com...

The area is dry and has for some time been experienced unreliable rain, leading to high levels of poverty and constant reliance on relief food. It is somewhat cosmopolitan, having attracted migrants, among them Muslims who live predominantly in Kibwezi township and Makindu.

'constant reliance on relief food.'

It's possible they have been eating tainted food, but the effects of said food, I don't have sufficient knowledge.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Three small data points of possible relevance...
They just did a study of mosquito distribution/epidemiology in the Kibwezi district starting in 2006 (and they do grow maize there) which found several different types of mosquitos that can bear various diseases (like "malaria,filiarisis, and hemorrhagic fevers", the relevant page is 69, or page 5 of the pdf)
Seasonal mosquito larval abundance and composition in Kibwezi, lower eastern Kenya

And then also I read in another document that the areas soils are weak and easily exhausted through cultivation, mentioning resultant trace mineral deficiencies as a constant hazard...
All of which isn't much...seems like no one is on it right now but NTV...maybe we'll have to wait for round two, their follow-up, or the local papers in the next couple days...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The reason I am questioning the video is that I did some pretty extensive checking of news sources and don't see anything about diseases in that area. While the African governments DO clamp down on news about health problems, they can't control all the physicians, and groups like "Doctors Without Borders" are often ones that report on outbreaks that the governments try to hide.

So far, I haven't seen anything.

I'd like to know where (exactly) these people came from, who they are, and where the video originates... and check into local news for that place.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eelThey just did a study of mosquito distribution/epidemiology in the Kibwezi district starting in 2006 (and they do grow maize there) which found several different types of mosquitos that can bear various diseases (like "malaria,filiarisis, and hemorrhagic fevers", the relevant page is 69, or page 5 of the pdf)
Seasonal mosquito larval abundance and composition in Kibwezi, lower eastern Kenya

If you're not familiar with the way some of these diseases look, people who don't understand the situation (and who have video cameras) could present an "OMG!!! IT'S THE PLAGUE!!!" video to you... and you wouldn't know the difference between a mosquito borne disease and something that might be created by toxic environments. Filiarisis and hemorragic fever are rather scary looking things, particularly if you've never seen this condition before.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Like I say, the video is from the NTVKenya youtube channel, and it appears to have the same provenance as the rest of the videos there.

I agree, I have found no other coverage, STILL, which is a little striking.

And for sure, I know nothing about what-all could cause such weird skin, but the locals, who know presumably the afflictions they are subjected to, and the news reporter woman, who would be less one-region-bound, did seem to be of the opinion that this was new strange and unaccountable...

I keep looking for the NTV follow-up or another press report, not yet though...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I have participated in "Doctors without Borders" trips before, and I can tell you that there are many unusual diseases that are endemic in certain areas of the world and cause many different symptoms. Without further identification of the "rash", it will be difficult to figure out exactly what it is.

More information would be helpful.

top topics

join