It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Election?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If our country makes it to 2012, in time for another Presidential election. Which party do you think will take the White House. It seems that alot of American's are still stuck in the 2 party system. Hell, i'm not goin to lie, I wanted a Dem in office this time around simply because there was a D after the name, Why? I really don't know, that just seems to be the way people think when it comes election time, if one party did bad you vote in the other party. (I didn't vote by the way) By the time Election '08 came around I lost entusiasm and hope, but their was still that one shred of hope that things would get better just because he was a Dem.

But no, it's still politics as usual. But it seems people aren't waking up as fast as I'd hope, alot of people still have faith in the 2 party system, and will simply vote for one party or the other no matter who it is simply because of the fact they belong to that party. I still even see this on ATS, after all these years some members still have faith in the system, more than I would like.

My family is far right religious conservatives who absolutely loathe Obama. But they still love Bush, I ask my mom why? Because he is a Republican, and a Godly man as she put it. I think she's crazy. My family says if they could have voted Bush in for a 3rd term they would have done it in a heartbeat.

Now after all these years why do people still think this way? It's time to stop blaming the media and think for ourselves. The 2 party system failed a long time ago, but come next election (if their is one) it's going to be business as usual, one party will get the blame and the other party will come to power and it will repeat. Is their anyways out of this trap, and why do people still think this way?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Granted, the 2-party system stinks. Still, it beats the one-party system.

Actually, we've got more than two parties, but no one votes for those others (Libertarians, Greens, whatever).

I'm not even sure how things would work with more than two parties. Certainly, it could complicate things if the votes got split so that no one party got a majority (more than half the votes). I wonder what the procedure is then? Go with the plurality vote, or have a runoff between the top contenders?

Unfortunately, the way things are now we are usually trying to choose which party will do the least harm to our country this time around. We have to guess who we thing will destroy our country at the slower rate. Probably not what the Founding Fathers had in mind...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

I am a registered democrat but vote for who I feel is best to fill the presidency. Gore in 2000, Bush in 2004 and Obama in'08. I now have buyer's remorse in regards to my Obama vote. This country will never escape the moras it's in with the current two-party system. I only wish Ron Paul was treated as a legitimate candidate last time around and will be deemed too old in 2012. That's why only true change will transpire with the election of a third party - Robert Kennedy Jr. and Jesse Ventura in 2012. Before you laugh, I suggest you read Ventura's latest book - Don't Start the Revolution without Me. I think we need to get back to the Constitution as layed out by this country's founders before it's completely shredded like it's been by these past three administrations.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Is this a conspiracy board or not? Why not create our own conspiracy?
using electoral-vote.com... as a baseline

Tough races
Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana,
Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio

Easy for Dems
Arkansas, California, Delaware, Hawaii, Indiana, Maryland,
New York, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Vermont,
Washington, Wisconsin

Easy for Reps
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma,
South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah

I think a businessman/woman with an engineering degree would make a great president. They could do process charts and with a business background know where to cut. But what about the senate?
What kind of party would it be and what would be the platform?
Who could we push (new) and who could we subvert?
Anyone want to start a conspiracy instead of talking about others?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
We can't get out of a two party system because people are too afraid to vote for a third party. They feel as if anything other than democrat or republican just doesn't stand a chance. They want their vote to count for something, so they settle for the lesser of two evils instead of voting their conscience.

I know many who are Ron Paul supporters , but voted McCain simply because they thought Paul didn't stand a chance in hell and they wanted to make sure their vote counted against Obama.

I voted my conscience, i wrote in Ron Paul, and even though he didn't win my vote still counted. It counted to me because i didn't sell out to the two party system and i didn't cop out by not voting at all.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Honestly, I will be surprised if we make it to the 2012 elections.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Someone mentioned that a very successful clairvoyant who's every prediction has come true so far, predicts a viable third party for 2012.
The USA desperately needs a viable third party. Otherwise the bankers and the PTB can keep playing a rigged game against the divided middle, which imo, has almost satanic implications, if done for selfish gain or purely as a manipulation in opposition to liberty.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

which clairvoyant would that be?

new topics

top topics

join