It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The National DNA Warehouse Bill.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Before leaving office George Bush signed into law the National DNA Warehouse Bill. DNA samples are taken from every newborn child and stored by the government. The DNA becomes their property. Permission is not required and parents are not informed.

“The DNA taken at birth from every citizen is essentially owned by the government, and every citizen becomes a potential subject of government-sponsored genetic research,” she states. “It does not require consent and there are no requirements to inform parents about the warehousing of their child’s DNA for the purpose of genetic research. Already, in Minnesota, the state health department reports that 42,210 children of the 780,000 whose DNA is housed in the Minnesota ‘DNA warehouse’ have been subjected to genetic research without their parents’ knowledge or consent.”

Source.

After reading this I'm tempted to tell my children that when they have kids, use a midwife, not the hospital.

It bothers me that DNA is taken without permission and used for who knows what by the government.

Next they'll be herding us into cattle cars.

Edit for spelling.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Cloning?

Wipe out all of us troublesome, argumentative, opinionated, entrenched individuals, then resurrect us as clones et voila! an instant slave/service class.

Conditioned from 'birth' (using primates to gestate the clone), we, well..the cloned 'we' anyway, would not question, not demand or want or know about our rights, not insist on knowing what is going on in the world, and why we are not enjoying what others seem to.

I'll not even mention the soldier clones...ok, too late.

If one is defective or injured or sick, don't bother to treat or heal them, just replace and...dispose.

Basically, treat us exactly how they wish, and we will accept it as normality, because to us (as clones) it will be normal.

Worrying.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I can think of no good reason to store everyones DNA,that doesn't have dark motives behind it. Specific traits that need to be exspounged from the populace? Target certaint ethnic traits for eradication? Grow the DNA to possibly implicate someone in a future crime?

No good can come from this. The Government lives to abuse authority.
Just another freedom taken from the people.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I agree that this could very easily be abused. If the very fabric that makes up your life, your DNA, is considered the property of the government, Then you are considered nothing more than the property of the government.

It's the ultimate violation of your right to privacy.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Star, and Flag to the OP.

I think this is a very important topic. The ramifications, or possibility there of are emmense.

Not only are they taking the DNA of all new born children, but of many other groups.

There have been articles/reports on false highway checkpoints that just so happen to have asked for DNA. Many of the people who refused were detained, or held without cause for several hours.

Also all Federal, and most all individual State suspects are now required to give mandetory DNA. There have been articles from the Eastern seaboard where judges have ruled it is not out of bounds to taser compliance, or submission into cooporating with officer's collecting said DNA.

Why?

Hey, I'm a good conspiraterist. There are several reasons I can see the collection.

One is for obvious patents from studies of peoples DNA, huge profit can be made.

Two would be population control. There are many rumors on the net of specific kill viruses, and diseases; based off of race specific genetic coding.
for example how about a cycle cell anemia kill virus?? This disease is most prominant in African Americans. The list could go on, but with DNA gathering the ability to create race specific diseases is emmense.

Adding to that thought, forget about killing, or culling; how about creating specific viruses, or diseases which would make people have to buy a continuous drug/medication to stay alive from said created disease.......see HIV/AIDS

Third possibility deals with 2012. It has widely been speculated that there is a gene hidden in specific people in this world. Similar to Hitler's Ayron race, but different. I don't think this theory is as cut, and dry as that. I think Hitler was way off the mark in every way, but especially with his Aryon hunt. I think the possibility for this gene is in almost every race walking this planet

This theory relies on the fact that a possible gene activates when the Earth enters "zeropoint", or the galactic center as outlined eons ago by the Maya. Besides Hitler there have been other people speculating on this Gene; it is rampent in current movies, and tv shows the possibility of people waking up 'tomorrow', and having 'supernatural' powers.

So in essence the Government, or Elite are in a frantic pace to gather intelligence on who they think maybe able to nurture, and facilitate this gene when the time comes. Should Governments(as there are many doing mandetory DNA testing) fail at discovering these people through genetics, then it is possible that the forms of control as we know them know will fail.

Just my two pesos

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It is a system that could be abused, corrupted and perhaps have some dark sinister elements.

But in a modern era of crime fighting having a DNA file on every human born would make it easy to track down criminal suspects where DNA is found at a crime scene.

They still take babies hand and foot prints too don't they?

The DNA fingerprint would prove a valuable database for future investigations.

If you were an investigator, had DNA retrieved from a crime scene and was able to match it to an individual with the highest degree of certainty by using a DNA database it would make your job a lot easier.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
If you were an investigator, had DNA retrieved from a crime scene and was able to match it to an individual with the highest degree of certainty by using a DNA database it would make your job a lot easier.

I'm all for taking the DNA of a criminal and placing it into a database.

This program declares every person to be a criminal from birth, regardless of who or what they grow up to be.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I see your point and understand it completely.

I was only attempting to show a possible good motive for this. Personally I don't trust the government with my garbage, let alone DNA from myself or family members.

I have always wondered why hospitals take ownership of the afterbirth when a child is born, they take it and it belongs to them... where does it go and what do they do with it?

I've heard rumors that it is used in cosmetics and hair care products for which the hospital is paid... but who knows?

Can't they get DNA from that as well?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I have always wondered why hospitals take ownership of the afterbirth when a child is born, they take it and it belongs to them.

I've heard rumors that it is used in cosmetics and hair care products for which the hospital is paid... but who knows?

Can't they get DNA from that as well?

I'm sure they can get DNA from a placenta, but the cosmetic part kind through me for a loop. I checked and according to Wikipedia,

In the Western world, the placenta is most often incinerated.

Source.

I hope you know you've ruined me. The next time I go to kiss a girl I'll be wondering about that lipstick she's wearing.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Oh hell no. I could never see a reason for this. I do not want the govt having my kids DNA in a data base for them to do whatever they want with. I mean couldnt they frame you later on with this?! I had a friend of mine who had a baby about 2 years ago and they took extra vials of her sons blood. She only knew this because she was charged for more than what she was told and she then went back and asked the nurse. The nurse said that they do take extra even know without the parents permission. My friend freaked out. I still dont know what happened with the outcome. She made complaints but the always just ignored her. I dont see how this would being anything good. They could do anything with this that would ruin your life for sure.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Oh hell no. I could never see a reason for this. I do not want the govt having my kids DNA in a data base for them to do whatever they want with.

But thanks to George Bush, it's the law now. They will not tell you they are doing it and there is nothing you can do to stop them.

Short of having a midwife deliver your baby.

The DNA of every child born is now the property of the Government of the United States.

No good can come from this.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
there are laready several comments here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and the typical snoozer thread there:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

the thread i started under Breaking News contains 6 posts by myself and 8 from other people. i tried to keep it alive, so to speak.

i hop this one fares slightly better.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Looks like this one isn't fairing any better. There's not much we can do about the law anyway.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I can think of one reason why they are keeping samples of dna from babies.Its not because they want to experiment with it.They are looking for something different that might show up soon.Something in the form of a different type of blood group or a totaly different type of blood all togeather.Some one special will be born.Its a good way of also keeping close watch on any alien-hybreeds that might be born around the united states.I did post a story some years ago on another web site about a possible birth on the 21 december 2012.A birth that may effect the whole world.My story may have trigged the goverment to start this.This could be the birth the goverment is waiting and watching for.Who could this be.Any one from Jesus Christ to the Antichrist.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Welcome to the United States of America, where everybody is considered a criminal (drug dealer, murderer, thief, child molester, Constitution lover, etc.) until proven innocent. Yeah, and good luck being proven innocent. If you want these scumbags to get out of your lives, you're going to have to stand up and assert yourselves.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GORGANTHIUM
I can think of one reason why they are keeping samples of dna from babies.Its not because they want to experiment with it.They are looking for something different that might show up soon.

this immediately reminded me of

Conspiracy of Missing Children

it's imho likely they will experiment, too, just because they can, but you may be right, DNA samples might be used as an indicator rather than a tool.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This is really creepy. HOW DO WE KNOW WE AREN'T ALREADY CLONES.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless.D
This is really creepy. HOW DO WE KNOW WE AREN'T ALREADY CLONES.

Cloning isn't going to help them. They don't WANT clones of us. Have you ever seen 'The Boys from Brazil?' They would just be imprisoning, or oppressing our clones.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I have always wondered why hospitals take ownership of the afterbirth when a child is born, they take it and it belongs to them... where does it go and what do they do with it?

I think they can harvest some stem cells from the placenta - I might be wrong but I think some doctors or researchers got their wrists slapped for taking them without permission.

Some people take them home and cook them up! - Supposed to be really good for you, especially if the mother is breast feeding.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

Some people take them home and cook them up! - Supposed to be really good for you, especially if the mother is breast feeding.

I could have gone all day without reading that.

Still, The stem cell part does make sense, I've heard they are rich in them.

new topics

top topics

join